1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the Riders of the Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Bloodknight, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Bloodknight

Bloodknight Disappeared

Title: Harry Potter and the Riders of the Apocalypse
    Author: HunterBeserkerWolf
    Rating: Mature
    Genre: Supernatural
    Library Catagory: Almost Recommended
    Pairings: None currently no mention from what i can remember.
    Summary: At a young age, Harry becomes Death of the Apocalypse. Now he must find the other Riders while keeping his identity a secret while still attending Hogwarts. Features an independent Ravenclaw Harry, no Golden Trio, and an attempt to not bash characters. Book One finished! Book Two started!
    Link: FanFiction.Net
    The story is one of the only decent ones I have come accross recently. The story is pretty intresting. But While they are cliches they are changed or modified and it is a pretty decent length with steady updates since it started. Dumbledore is not a manipulative asshole so there is that. I think you should give it a try. Its a solid 3/5 for me.

2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I haven't finished the first chapter and I've already seen "toned like a Greek god 11yo Harry" and "fitness montage Harry".

3. Bloodknight

Bloodknight Disappeared

Yeah the authors writing gets better the farther in it is still better than most new stories on Ffnet. I thought someone might like it I personally started reding it because of the concept i thoughht it was intresting.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  4. AmishGoat

AmishGoat Guest

Super fit Harry, friendly goblins, main vault/trust vault shenanigans, a super duper special wand. Not expecting much out of this one unless the quality really improves later on.

5. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Not going to rate, as I couldn't make it past the first chapter... but it made me cringe. The large amount of clichés have been mentioned already (second Potter vault, people stealing from said vault, friendly goblins, unique wand core), and as can probably be gleamed, they aren't executed in an interesting or original manner.

The prose is a bit clunky as well, and I've noticed that the author has some issues with capitalization.

6. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

sdkjfbsd:fnsd:vnxw:vksdlfknsdlkfswkfdhkdjfhskjdhf

^Still a better story.

7. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I was going to give it an honest try till I read the sheer amounts of fedora involved in his all-black getup, his conversation with Ron on the train in chapter 2, etc.

No rating because I dropped it there.

8. lmao234

lmao234 Squib

You guys made it that far? I got to the part where the random man gave Harry a bloody crow for being special. Also why are his clothes so nice?

9. Persephone

Persephone Fourth Year

This story makes me want to kill myself.
    OP, are you a troll?

- young Harry is a master of wandless magic
    - Harry is as buff as Schwarzenegger and has a workout routine
    - He has a crow familiar
    - he acts like he's 30
    - He apparently has a deal with the Dursleys that he made when he was 9 that he will leave when he's 11.
    - how does Harry know everything about the wizarding world and how to act in it? How he know how to interact with Goblins?
    - Harry meets a man when he's 9 who gives him the crow and turns to dust afterwards
    - The author creates a magical bird called a Nightmare which were hunted to almost extinction by an army of wizards trained to fight in the name of God.
    - This is all IN THE FIRST CHAPTER.

-2000000000/5

Someone please get this story off DLP.

10. roro330

roro330 Muggle

My word this site makes me hate fanfiction. How can you have an idea as awesome/stupid as that and mess it up?

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Once, I had nothing to do.
    Once, I kept reading.

As an example, I've flicked to a random chapter and picked out a few quotes.

Later on, Godric and Salazar make an appearance from the land of the dead.

'nuff said. I'll be generous and give it a 2/5. If nothing else, it's readable and coherent even if the content leaves something to be desired.

12. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I was actually really bored, and felt bad about not rating it. So I decided to read it. I finished the whole thing, and I quite enjoyed it. It obviously had many many flaws and cliches, Harry acquiring nearly all of his super-rare-legendary-amazing-awesome-powerup artefacts in one christmas holiday was a bit stupid for instance.

That said, the whole horseman of death thing was interesting enough that I kept reading to see what happened.

This fic is a nice time waster, where you can suspend your disbelief and turn your brain off and just enjoy the ride.

4/5 enjoyment, but it's nowhere near good enough to be in the review board let alone the library...so i'll 2/5.

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362

This sounds awesome as fuck. An order of battle wizards trained and raised to the point of religious fanaticism, hunting a race of insanely powerful birds of legend?

Or, hell, what if magic is proof of providence, and divine presence? Hell, what if the wizards themselves simply view it as such?

I'd read the shit out of this.

14. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

Well, the name HunterBeserkerWolf do send up warning bells for me. I seem to remember this author for a number of Terrible smut fanfics that plagued FF.net a couple of years back. So I will not be reading it.