1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Road to Damnation by DubhCleite - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by odainath, Jun 23, 2007.

1. odainath

odainath Squib

Title: Harry Potter and the Road to Damnation
    Author: dubhcleite
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Angst
    DLP Category: Dark!Harry
    Pairing: Harry/Bellatrix, Minerva/Tom
    Summary: When revelations come to light, Minerva McGonagall finds herself returning to her former lover's side. As the Dark Lord rises with her influence, she realises the Chosen One could easily be persuaded to join them, fighting against the light.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3480541/1/

I thought that this was rather good. Pretty well-written and a neat concept that I'd never thought of before. Features a Dark!Minerva which in itself is fairly rare, with Dark!Harry and Evil!Dumbledore. I found it quite intriguing

Raiting: 4/5 stars

2. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I must say, the idea of Minerva/Tom intrests me. I've always thought she was a death eater.

I shall read it and see if it is any good.

Edit: The idea is good. The writing is rather choppy and the chapters are far to short. There are also punctation mistakes that I noticed.

That said, I think this story has potential. It will either improve as it goes on or turn into a steaming pile of shit.

At the moment I'd give it a 3/5, with true rating witheld until more fic.

P.S. Starting it at the end is a shit idea.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  3. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

An interesting outtake here. I haven't read one like this before. 4/5 for me for a good storyline so far. Haven't seen (or noticed) any mistakes. His updates are just a tad slow though.

Richard.

4. kit

kit Second Year

I do like this story! I am not entirely sure why, but I like it all the same. The one statement that did kind of bother me was when Minerva said to Tom that she could beat him. Then again, that's just my opinion. KIT SAYS YES! 4/5

5. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

meh, So-so. The writing style was good, but it seemed rather implausible to me. Still puncutation errors and phrasing aside it's decent, I'll give it a round
    4/5

6. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

To be honest I liked it till now. The story promises to be something different and I hope the author carries the story through. Minerva McGonagall has been shown as Dumbledore's sidekick in all the stories I have read to the date and so it has been a new and pleasant experience to read this one. The only cliche (if it can be called a cliche) is that Tom and Minerva were in the same year and were Headboy and Girl respectively.

Also the flashback type of storytelling is rarely seen in HP fanfictions..... Anyway great till now. 5/5

7. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Story has disappeared from the net. The author's ff.net page says the story was given to minniequill to finish at her discretion, but it's not available on her page.