1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Potter and the Rune of Alacantera by Mione5 - K+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Dark Syaoran, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: Harry Potter and the Rune of Alacantera
    Author: Mione5
    Category: General
    Pairings: Harry/OC (Look's this way)
    Chapters: 12
    Words: 66,842
    Published: April 11, 2011 (Repost)

Summary: Harry returns for his seventh year a little different to when he left. What exactly happened during the summer and can Dumbledore and the Order find out the answers before it's too late. Not slash. No HBP.

My Summary: Pretty good so far. Looks like Harry and Dumbledore are pretty close so I guess that'll scare a few of you away.

I wont give away much, only that it looks like its going to be a Vampire!Harry story without slash. The female OC is a vampire too.

Snape also seems to be a pretty good guy... not reformed but isnt a total fuckface. He has a sense of humor and all... the OC is his daughter too... I guess that scares even more of you away.

Dont be put off by Harry's little cry in the first chapter. Its kinda understandable and it isnt like he sobbed like a little bitch.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6895112/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Rune-of-Alacantera

Checked by Minion, August 18, 2013
    Apparently the author reposted her story.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

What scares me away from this fic is the author...

I never really liked much of their other work...

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

ditto.... :?

Maybe I'll give this a shot if I have time.

4. Quack

Quack Second Year

I actually like Dumbledore a bit, so it doesn't bother me.

Snape on the other hand... >_> I'll give it a try though.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yes, the author writes slash but luckily this story isnt.

6. Quack

Quack Second Year

Yes, it isn't. I actually like this story... it didn't take 5 chapters to introduce what's gonna happen. She got it done in 10k words and now we can start the good part. ^^ I'll back Syaoran (is your name from Tsubasa Chronicle? xD) on this, it's pretty good... if you aren't a Dumbledore hater, and can stand a slightly friendly Snape.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

From Cardcaptor Sakura actually... but doesnt Tsubasa Chronicle have similar characters? I think they are both made by CLAMP... unless thats a different one I'm thinking about.

I really only posted it because everyone keeps going on about wanting a Vampire!Harry story that isnt slash and is fairly well written. I found one but looks like no one apart from a few like it, lol.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I tried reading this, but when Harry started sobbing like lil bitch and groping Dumbledore, that's when I said NO THANKS...

9. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I like it so far, although the whole nice Snape thing is kinda creepy.... Good plot though! :wink:

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

ROFL! Nice Avatar :)

11. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

groping...?

*vomits

12. Quack

Quack Second Year

No, I think you're right, they are both by CLAMP.

Well I'm not very picky with my reading yet. I can still handle some well written Harry/Ginny, and I still find Harry/Hermione okay. I guess overtime I'll be more like you guys... xD

I agree with Giovanni (Pokemon??), nice avatar!

I didn't even remeber Harry sobbing when I approved this. I skipped over those parts, I think. =X

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Skip that part IP. Trust me. Dont let one little bump ruin it.

14. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I agree with Dark Syaoran, don't let the whole crying scene(well scenes after chapter 3) ruin the story. The story is coming along really well in my opinion and it's not every day you come across a really good Vampire!Harry story. The good thing about it is that Mione5 has got it updated every few days, and Adele is suprisingly really kewl for an orginial character. I'd give it another chance. Oh, and thanx for the comments on the avatar guys! :)

15. CLAMP

A bit off topic, but CSS and TRC are indeed both by CLAMP. In fact, although they take place in different universes, they take place in the same 'multiverse' as it were.

Yuuko, the Witch of Dimensions from TRC is actually a major character from the xxxHolic manga, also by CLAMP. Not only does Syaoran from Tsubasa come to vist her, she admits to her assistant that the universe they live in IS the CSS universe, and the Syaoran from Tsubasa is just an alternate version of the same person.

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, I already knew that. It's got Sakura and Tomoyo as well. And Sakura's brother and father. They just play different parts... the romance is the same though, a pity... I'd rather Syaoran/Tomoyo but of course I just like weird pairings.

This has been updated? It has more crying? Hrmm... didnt see that coming. I thought he wouldnt cry anymore.

17. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Yeah, he cries one more time, although this one was a lot more understandable than before. He goes over to Godrics Hollow and sees his parents grave. :? It's already on chapter 4, and Hermione/Ron/Ginny have been informed on everything. Their reactions were...intresting, althought Hermione's was a little unbelievable, but I personally hope they're out of the picture now.

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ahhh, a break up? Very good. I was looking forward to that though I was hoping it would be realistic.

19. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I know what you mean, I thought Ginny and Ron were portrayed well enough, it was Hermione that seemed off. You would have thought she would have the one to understand him and everything, but if she's out of the picture then it's kewl. :)

20. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

The story was updated again, and it seems that Hermione is actually back into the story. But her reaction to Harry was explained at least, instead of them just say sorry and stuff with Harry accepting her back into the big happy family with no qualms.