1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Transfer Student

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Anarchy, Jul 4, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter and the Transfer Student
    Author: Enterprise1701-d
    Rating: T
    Genre: General?
    DLP Category: General?
    Pairing: OFC/HP
    Status: Completed, it's written as a one shot, but it is 80k words

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4686581/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Transfer_Student

I could have sworn this was already recommended, but I could not find it anywhere. I have read this three times, and enjoyed it every time.

A new student comes to Hogwarts, and it is not what she is expected. She comes from a very different style of school, one full of decorum, formality, and a different view on magic. She is disgusted by the behavior of nearly everyone in 'Britain's most prestigious school'

Essentially, everyone hates on the new girl, because of how formal she (and her apprentice) are and how she does not act like everyone else in Hogwarts acts. Harry is one of the only ones that see that is actually Hogwarts being rude to her, and not the other way around, so he attempts to learn about her way of life and culture.

It has the feel of nobility, peerage, pureblooded culture formality fics, but this is very well done I feel.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Ok, I haven't read this, so this isn't a real review. But based on your summary, this sounds awful.

3. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Upon reading the title I thought this was a Mary Sue parody, but it looks like it's the real thing :/ I'm not sure even I have the stomach to venture this.

4. Anarchy

I guess we are all lucky that

she dies in the story

I guess it is a story you will either hate or love it. Maybe it doesn't belong on DLP because it is not Harry!centric, but instead focuses on the interactions between the OFC and Harry.

In retrospect, I probably should have put this in the "Fan Fiction Recommendations: Barely Readable to Almost Average Part Two" thread.

5. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I could have sworn too:

;)

I still stand by what I said.

6. Anarchy

Lord Anarchy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I searched by author and did not find it. http://forums.darklordpotter.net/search.php?searchid=1251636

-edit-, I now see that it is on that long list of stories that I forgot even existed. :(

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  7. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Then try this big honkin' thread. It's title is applicable!

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=14917

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

It's the Trash Bin, LA. You can access the link if you aren't logged in.

And yeah, you have to check the results that turn up in your search too, of course :p

9. Anarchy

Yeah I see that now, I simply forgot that thread existed. I wonder if it is saying anything about my tastes if nearly every story I would recommend is in that thread, or maybe I just don't have as strict of standards as everyone else.

-edit- interesting enough, none of my own stories are on that list :D.

10. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I read this ages ago, and I can honestly say it's better than the summary, the Mary-Sue is literally hated by everyone due to the customs of her school and she doesn't do much to help herself. And the concept of Decorum (the rigid social rules wizards from her society invented to prevent them destroying each other in wars and such) was interesting.

However despite the flaws of the character (like not being able to properly perform magic due to an unstable core) she is still the best in her school, best in Hogwarts, good enough to take on Snape, even if he did put a dent in her, she has Harry bowing and scraping to her later for no obvious reason. I personally liked parts of it but it doesn't deserve the library. His other poker fic was funnier and better, imo.

2/5.

11. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I wouldn't say that. There have been non-Harry centric stories that make it into the DLP library. There just aren't as many of them.

As for this particular story, well, I was going to give a go at first. I've decided to pass however seeing as how someone pointed out it's already made it into the recycling bin once, and the summary didn't snare me.

That link also said I couldn't access the page, but the second one worked, btw. And I'm logged in and whatnot.

12. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

Why the hell can people not logged in to DLP can see the Trash Bin, but people who are, can't? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

13. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Already rejected.

Locked.

Not open for further replies.