1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Vampire's Kiss by pureb99 - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by the13thdragon, Mar 19, 2008.

1. the13thdragon

the13thdragon Raptured to Hell

Title: Harry Potter and the Vampire's Kiss
    Author: pureb99
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/General
    DLP Category: Dark Arts
    Pairing:hp/oc
    Summary: AU post OoTP. Harry's summer after Sirius' death is horrible. None of his friends write to check up on him and his life begins to seem empty and meaningless. Harry wishes for death and a young Vampire grants him it. NOT SLASH

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3464308/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Vampires_Kiss

I looked everywhere for this fic and couldn't believe it was not here so I added it, it is quite original and contains lots of Ginny bashing.

<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p
    The plot revolves around Harry being turned by a vampire that he thinks is Tonks when he is about to kill himself and who he then falls in love with (this is a bit sudden but its not too bad) Harry then gets he training he needs to be powerful in a rather unique manner and returns to Hogwarts where half the school sides with Harry and the other half (including Ginny) decide he’s an evil dark wizard. Things escalate to the point of groups of students fighting each other in classes but unfortunately this is where it stops and the author has shown no sigh of taking it up again.

Ah yes is I was just reminded anout the suicidal Harry bit at the beginning is terrible but it does get better.<O:p</O:p

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

So, the only setting is Hogwarts?

3. the13thdragon

the13thdragon Raptured to Hell

No not really, theres a far bit in Privit Drive and then two years that are sort of skipped over somwhere else, but then the rest is at Hogwarts.

4. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

[​IMG]

PHAIL.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  5. Viper

Viper Fourth Year

I hate you.

Read this one long before.Too much angst in the first part.

When he becomes a vampire, he is technically dead and therefore can visit his parents and Sirius whenever he wants. They begin training him and the vampire chick in various things. Harry's animagus form is a winged demon, whereas the Vampire's form is a black phoenix with a skull for a head. Later on, Sirius's relatives train him in Necromancy. Even Merlin is involved in his training somewhere, I think.

Overall, it didn't impress me that much. I just read it for the Ginny bashing and for some violent Harry.

3/5

6. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Grammar/spelling is god-awful, Harry alternates between being mind-numbingly emo and CAPS LOCK ANGER HULK SMASH, and Harry/OC hook up and find twu wuv in the first chapter. Utter fail in all respects. 0/5.

7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Could have been written a hell uva lot better. Its rather bad. Not even worth a rating.

8. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Wow.......just.....wow. Massive freakin' FAIL. Everything in this story is fail.

9. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

Holy fuck, kill it with fire.

10. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

"It burns us."

1/5 - If every male was as lucky as this Harry Potter, the world would be several times larger. Not many guys can get such a loyal, loving, amazingly powerful, and simply immortal girl from a trip to the local park.

11. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

It's hard to comprehend how much fail can be compressed into a single fic. :(

12. Kyrissean

Kyrissean First Year

You should've just said yes. I read your summary of the fic and became interested, then I read Blaze Ranger's spoilers.

Thank you, everyone, - except 13th - for not allowing me to waste my time.

-_-

The fact that Ranger's not entirely sure if Merlin trained him or not speaks volumes, especially as Merlin is usually a generic copy of Dumbledore with a different persona. With a large, gnarled staff. I suppose both of his staff's would be gnarled at his age, even if he is a spirit.

When's someone going to write a fanfiction where Merlin is actually some crime-against-nature combination of a House Elf, Goblin and maybe a sliver of Centaur for good measure? He could even have a pot of gold he carries around and starts fights over, even though noone ever tries to steal it... because, you know, he's so fucking ugly. <_<

Hey, it could work.

Edit: Suffer my inane ramblings.

13. LightLess

LightLess First Year

This is just stupid. First they explain it in a way that a vampire that can do magic is almost unheard off and harry is extremely powerful because he can do both.
    Than some chapters later we discover that severus snape is a vampire.

Edit:
    Ok, about snape being a vampire: it was somehow explained but I still think it was lame.

lol, I'm not really sure what lame means, but I like this word as a depreciating adjective.

There's a lot of stupidities like that.

sorry, english is not really my language...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  14. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

As a general rule I auto-fail any fic that references Vampires in the summary, but I went ahead and stupidly gave this one a shot. This "story", and I use the term loosely, is a perfect example of why. There is nothing about this thing that in any way makes up for the lost minutes of my life. :wall:

1/5

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

What?! Why? Vampires are awesome.

But this, this is not.

16. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

[04:07:33] Vengashii: Harry's summer after Sirius' death is HORRIBLE. NONE of his friends write to check up on him and his life begins to seem EMPTY and MEANINGLESS. Harry wishes for DEATH because his heart is like a BLACK VOID, and he begins to cut himself, like the emo bitch he has turned into, until, one night, a VAMPIRE turns up and grants him his wish - to coach a peewee hockey team!

17. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Vampires in HP are generally not.

In fact...I can't think of any Vamp harry fics that are good.

18. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I can't even remember a vampire even showing up in canon - just talked about.

19. Neo2b

Neo2b First Year

There was one at Slughorn's party, if I remember correctly.

20. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

You remember correctly.