1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the World that Waits by dellacouer - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Raggerd, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Raggerd

Raggerd First Year DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter and the World that Waits
    Author: dellacouer
    Rating: T
    Genre: AU/Crossover
    DLP Category: Alternates
    Pairing: None so far
    Chapters: 12
    Words: 122,880
    Updated: January 20, 2011
    Published: July 11, 2008

Summary: A shell shocked but triumphant Harry Potter decides to leave his world behind for another. Someone should have told him that AUs can be really, really different. HP/ X-Men crossover.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4388682/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_World_that_Waits

Checked by Minion, January 9, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Seventh Year

Not my sort, I don't like X-Men crossovers after reading too many failures of them, this one seems too early to properly rate.

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I was tempted to just quote "HP/X-Men cross" and say autofail, but I actually read it. And it's decent. Has a good chunk of potential. Doesn't look like the main plot has swung into gear yet, so it's a tad too soon to tell.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

All X-men crossovers inherently suck - that was before this story came along.

Some spelling errors in there, but well-written and far more realistic than every other crossover I've seen. Probably 4.5/5 based on the first three chapters - the technicality of the writing isn't as dazzling as other authors', but still enjoyable.

5. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

I like it a lot. Uber comic geek that I am I've been looking for a good crossover for a while and had more or less given up hope. This is refreshing. No gay ultra powerful mutant powers, or uber!smexy!Harry. Harry's character is kickass by the way. I'll pull out before I sound too fangirly.

6. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Who knows, maybe it will be halfway decent.

And if Harry hooks up with a girl, it will make it the third HP/X-Men crossover I've read where Harry's mutant power wasn't the elasticity of his rectal passage.

Seriously, one lasted a handful of chapters and never updated again, the other is Bobmin's current story. All the other stories had Logan and Harry in a man/boy- er, pederasty- er, I mean, mentor/student relationship.

Come on, even if you believe Harry likes bottoming for Snape, Voldemort, and the Malfoys like all the fangirls say, you can't tell me Logan bats for the other team.

The day Wolverine says, "I'm the best there is at what I do." and he's actually referring to butt piracy, is the day I put my comics collection in the fireplace.

Come on, this is the new millennium, there are plenty of gay characters in comics and books already, there's no need to convert the straight ones.

'Nuff said, true believers.

Excelsior!

7. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

- I lol'd

Seems good so far but I will hold on rating till there is more out.

8. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

A bit to soon, to tell... this could easily turn into a high school fic with mutants, which would blow. However, the set up is good, and it could easily be pretty awesome as well.

4/5 for now.

9. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Of Slings and Arrows was a good X-men crossover too, but I'll actually be surprised if this fic finishes. For the moment though, I'm liking it. I really hope the author does finish it.

10. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I am surprised. I really, enjoyed reading this.

And Galleon, you have the link to that? FF.net search is down. Again... :?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

No offense meant, but I will have to vehemently disagree with you on that point, it is not a good crossover. At all.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  11. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Eh...to each his own..

It was one of the first crossovers I read though, so I'm a little biased.

12. Jenkins

Agreed with Iztiak. I do remember reading one a long time ago, though I only remember a little. Harry had Wolverine claws (fail I know) and was a teleporter. He killed Dursley then apparated away and Sabertooth found him, taking him to Weapon X. He meets up with someone, X-23 I think and they escape together.

That's all I remember, though it was pretty good but that was back when I was a lot less picky about my fanfiction.

13. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

What? It's been a while since I've read it, but I'm pretty sure that's not it... I think it started out in Azkaban and then some OC helped break him out and brought him to the X-Men.

14. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Was there any Harry!x-23 lovin?

15. Jenkins

I kinda remember that 'twoo wuv' shite. But a teleporting Harry with Wolverine claws is admittedly awesome. And he cage-fought with Wolverine in Canada. That was the last part I remember.

16. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I'm of a mixed mind, Why is harry hiding his powers?

And hey is there a plot coming along in the next few chapters?

No rating waiting for a few more chapters, but right now it is in the no fowl, no harm group.

17. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

If Wolverine does bat for the other team, he is the one who takes it up the ass.

18. Indelible Raven

Indelible Raven Squib

Magi Evolution by Omni Black

19. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

So... I read this, seeing how Tehan had found potential in it.

The first chapter is atrocious. There are entirely too many grammatical mistakes there. The writer should learn to use commas. It reads very much like an express train that you keep watching just to see when it'd crash.

Fortunately, I found chapter two and three to be an improvement, mainly because I'd been getting cliche!alerts all the while and finally got some new, fresh settings. Harry's characterisation seems strictly two-dimensional, but since it's been only three chapters, I'm not complaining as of now.

Seriously, this story needs to get to at least 7-8 chapters before we can judge if it should go to the Library or not.

2.75/5, if I absolutely had to rate it right now. There are no original ideas, a lot of cliches, and there hasn't been enough time for the plot or the characters to... solidify, etc. But it does make you want to read on.

20. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Agreed, but as a X-men crossover, compared to any other X-men crossovers out there, I would rate it a 5/5.

All the others suck. At a: "My Immortal" level of suck.