1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter: Child of Light, Hidden Savior by Blueberry Blaster

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Aerowind, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Aerowind

Aerowind Squib

Title: Harry Potter: Child of Light, Hidden Savior
    Author: Blueberry Blaster
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/General
    DLP Category: The Alternates
    Pairing: None so far
    Summary: AU. Hayden Alexander Potter. Harry James Potter. Brothers; twins. Only one is to be the world's saviour, but as time passes and revelations are uncovered, it will become a burden to bear together for both the Potter twins.
    Link: Fanfiction.net

One of the better Twin-Who-Lived fics in my not so valid opinion. What makes it drastically different from nearly every other one is that Lily, James, aren't negligent prats. Instead the problems crop up because Dumbledore's...well, not quite manipulative, but more idiotic. Frankly Dumbledore's the only problem I've found with this fic so far. Anyways, basically Harry gets sent to an orphanage at 8 (and later, the streets) so he won't become jealous and whatnot of his twin who is to receive special training as the BWL. Harry's magical prowess and his reasons for avoiding his family are both quite bogus, but if you suspend disbelief it's not that bad of a story.

That said, I give it a 3.8/5

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Usually recently joined people that post recommendations are appallingly stupid, but I have to say, nice find. I don't have the attention span necessary to read the whole thing at the moment, but it is well-written, from the first chapter.

I like how the author actually justifies James and Lily living past Godric's Hollow.

There's a babysitter =)

Who knew the solution could be so simple. Hopefully this is indicative of the author's creativity as he progresses in the story.

3. Dirk Diggory

Dirk Diggory Seventh Year

This is in the running for worst twin BWL fic ever. It starts out like it's going to be interesting, then suddenly, bam. Dumbledore's nonsensical reasoning and manipulation, Harry's total and immediate forgiveness for the fact that his parents DITCHED him, his willingness to bend over and take it up the ass... the fact that it's actually well written makes it somehow worse.

This Harry makes canon Harry look like Denarian!Harry by comparison. 2/5. And that's generous.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I counted three strikes in the prologue alone. Harry consciously creating a shield wandlessly at one, healing, again, at one...'cub'...and what Diggory said.

2/5.

5. Aerowind

Aerowind Squib

2/5 eh? Better than I expected. My standards are still eroded from spending a few years in the Naruto section.

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Nobody can write in that section. Nobody.

Even now I'm fruitlessly trying to find a readable story in it...

7. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

*Thanks my attention span from sparing me from what appears to be trash.

8. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It starts out interesting? Did we read the same Prologue? This fic is practically a cookie cutter of every god damn cliched twin-fic around. As usual, debris falls, scars the not!Harry, and everyone (starting with Dumbledore) proclaims him the Boy-Who-Lived. James and Lily are shown as basically the same fucknuts you always find in these fics. Halfway well meaning, but cultists of Dumbledore. Dumping off their son Harry at the orphanage/Dursleys because he'd get jealous of the training. Yada yada yada... the author can't think for herself.

I only got through the Prologue and then skimmed the last posted chapter. But for god's sake, why does every twin-fic use so many of the same shitty retarded-ass concepts?

Some turds just don't polish. And so far, this is just whiny ass emo eleven year old Harry angsting so much it reminds me why I want Voldemort to win sometimes. And why I need to get on DLP to warn people to save your fucking eyes and never waste any more of your life on crap like this.

It sucks. I've seen lesbian gangbangs with less pussy than this Harry. We're 60,000 words into it and we're still only to christmas of first year. You get plenty of italicized thoughts like this:
    and this:
    The only comfort I take from tripe like this is the certain knowledge there's no chance in hell this author will ever finish this fic, which is the only thing that could get me to revisit it.

9. mumihp

mumihp First Year

I have to agree with you nonjon. The amount of time I seen Harry angst on his fucking parents who abandoned him, makes me wish Voldermort wins. The story its writtern good, but slow updates and I really doubt the author will finish it, most likely he abandon it in sometimes in the future. The story is TOO angst but good god, does he have to make this Harry a whiny angsty baby. Fuck, his even worse that the Canon Harry, even Canon Harry had more balls than this pussy Harry.

I really can't understand where the authour is going with this story, left a review, but doesn't respond. The updates rating suck, the story is at a slow pace, 60,000 words and christmas has only gone. This Harry wants to be with his family, forgive them basically. He keeps going all emo!, angsty, and crys like a bitch. I fail to understand why, afterall didn't his parents abandon him to a orphanage, DITCH HIM, and he still wants to be with them.

I hope that that author of this story, pulls the stick out of his ass and make Harry grow a pair of balls instead of going of emo on his family and basically tell them to "Fuck off".

I advise DLP Users that you don't bother with this story. You will literally pull your hair out when you see this Harry. I give this story a 1.5/5. Its too angst for my taste.

10. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Fixed that for you ;)

11. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Meh, I enjoyed it. But I'm being biased. I take a guilty pleasure out of Twin-who-lived fics.

I think it has potetial to be something more. It is not great but it could be a whole lot worse right now. At least there isn't this irrational hate that Lily and James get after one gets to become the boy who lived unlike this author. But then again...After her work, anything is better.

12. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really disliked it. It was written brutally and the internal monologue really grated on my nerves. He's just far too much of a pussy. 1/5

13. Modgudr

Modgudr First Year

The only realistic way to portray a Twin-Who-Lived scenario would be to have the Potters dead. Keeping them alive to favor "Hayden" over Harry seems to only ever be there to allow him to first angst over it, then get angry at everthing, become dark!angst!Harry, kill Vodemort and then rub it in their faces as they all struggle to apologize and seek forgiveness.

14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Twin plot line fails. Always. There are other ways to disadvantage Harry.

But the twin plot line is so bad, it's something you'd expect out of an episode from Sesame Street, or something.

15. shadetz x

shadetz x Second Year

This is nothing special. The plot has been used before. It could be a good pass time for some people who like these types of stories. But I would prefer stories where Harry does not go to Hogwarts and mope around feeling unwanted. If something does not go your way then do something about it. I dislike stories where author tries to make audience feel pity for Harry over some lame sappy shit. 2/5