1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

The last time I remember seeing 'Drome being involved in mafia was when her name was used as a role in DLP hunt

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mm.

Be back in about an hour.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Like what?

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ima call it a night and write it up as a succes, what with my new avi.
    It's 5 AM here by now and the results might still take a while, so I'll talk to y'all in a couple hours.

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    I'm ready to lay down some law all up in this gamethread... but no one is around to lay it on.

Also, is it just me or does homeslice on the right look hella like Jaden Smith's real dad?

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Well Zenzao, is there a person you want to lay down the law on based on the thread so far?

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Not with certainty. My vote is parked where it is for a reason (although as all such early votes are my reasoning can and probably will be brushed off as the Day proceeds and more viable candidates emerge). I don't like the way Maj formatted his vote. The 'loljokevote okayheresrealvotenow' taste of it rubs me wrong even in the RVS stage(which I am also out as of my vote).

I'm mildly suspicious of your interaction with Maj and Jari at GameStart. Never too early to begin bussing.

Got slight tabs on miner re: phoneposting.

Mostly the previous post was a turn of phrase so I could have an excuse to post that image. I know this is a Potter mafia but dug up about forty-ish Will Smith images tuned to a variety of situations and I'm itching to start posting them.

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 ----------

Also. Mal. I see you lurking. Anything more to say outside of your RVS vote?

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I was wondering what all the Will Smith pics were about, lol. You're a couple games too late, haha.

I RVS'd Majube, but wondering if I continued my streak of RVS scum. His reaction doesn't make me want to move off for now.

What'd you think of Delphine's post and vote on Miner?

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Figured I'd continue my shtick from Mimefia where I ran Brook images, and I checked with Fonti to be sure I wouldn't violate any rules. If y'all start complaining about it I'll stop though.

Hm. I'll take that into consideration as things proceed. I have some general meta on your playstyle to reference.

On Delphine, I chalked it up to RVS at the time I think I'm still fine with that assessment. There doesn't appear to be anything outstanding in miner's posts(though why he wouldn't know what phoneposting is at this point is odd and mostly why I'm eying him) to explain why she voted him. Do you have the same takeaway?

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

re:Delphine: The only thing that bugs me about it is that it felt like for some reason she used the phone-post thing like she saw a tell to make the vote. It kinda struck me as similarly weak opening as Delphine had as scum in TH6

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Okay, I can see that angle. Reading over her TH6 posts(and only hers for the moment) though I'm not getting the same vibe. She was more peppy in her opening post there, more solemn in her second, and rather wordy in her third. It took her ten posts to finally vote in TH6 as opposed to what, two here?

Could be her changing up her meta.
    Delphine, any insight you'd care to shed on your voting miner?

12. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Me and you got a very different definition of the word student.

So I was having a fairly bad day yesterday, but I just woke up to find Americans have Donald Trump as President for four years. I guess no matter how bad you've got it, someone else is having a worse day.

---------- Post automerged at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

So anyway, what's up people. Long time no see. Anyone been up to anything fun? Joined any evil cults? Maybe got a cool new snake tattoo on their arm? I promise I won't judge.

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm awake, we can continue playing now guys. Feels a bit like a bad dream with the Trump situation, but I won't let it ruin the game for me.

14. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Fluff is town.

Bill door is scum.

Currently not going to move my vote though.

---------- Post automerged at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 ----------

@Jazirok , currently you've only directly addressed The Waco Kid in the thread. My default new player advice is to talk to lots of people. Because newb scum are bad at interacting with teammates.

Please ask several people to clarify things, or ask them questions, or implore them to do things. And please avoid "explain your vote", it's important when people are choosing between two wagons, it's not important now.

If you can't do start doing that kind of activity, you're going to be very easy to slot into scum teams around day 3. And you need to do it now, while everybody is alive.

@everybody else, Unlike last game, we won't have a leeroy day1. So votal analysis will be useful. Obligatory get your butts in votes.

---------- Post automerged at 05:07 ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 ----------
    MINEr, what do you currently think about zenzao? Do you think his stance on both you and Delphine is consistent?

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

This is some disguisting blood purist rhetoric right here. Vote Mallorean Thug

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Palindrome has not as of yet participated within the thread. You can apparently read something in what Bill has posted from his introductory post. So instead of moving off your RVS vote and onto your presently fingered scum-spect you're just going to point him out to the general thread and otherwise do nothing?

[​IMG]

This is the kind of thing I was talking about with Waco earlier about more viable candidates emerging. That is strange(although I could see a why behind it from both a scum and a town mindset depending on the roles Fonti went with).

17. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Thank you~

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Okay, I feel a smidgen better about you after that. For me personally, once I see a reason to vote someone, I'm done with RVS, so I tend to hold that perspective for everyone.

19. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    If you don't wait till everybody posts, you can end up tunneling and letting dirty scum like Citrus and KaiDASH skate for a couple days.

---------- Post automerged at 05:29 ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 ----------

See, uh, Cobalt in concussion mafia.

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    The problem with waiting for everyone to post is that you inevitably have at least one person if not two who don't post for most of the first Day, and that can also throw off everything regardless of if they are in fact scum or just lazy town. I don't really stand by the mafiascum wiki assessment on early interaction/voting being meaningless.