1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter & The Girl Who Lived by Silveraegis - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ixazncha0six, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Well, I think it's a decent story, too bad he doesn't update anymore. By the way Amerison...I really like your Jamie/Harry story, I wrote a review on it. I hope you update it really soon. Your damn story's had me on the edge of my friggen seat!

Are there any other Harry/Femself stories out there? And good ones? Just wondering.

Richard.

2. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

I think that classifies as necroposting, but i'm not sure. Either way, unless it's been updated, which it hasn't, leave the topic alone.

3. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

haroon_angel, Richardc269, I'm going to explain the concept of Necroposting to you.

Necroposting is when an idiot (you) thinks it's a really good idea to post messages in a thread that has been inactive for several months, in this case 6 months, with absolutely nothing constructive to say.

haroon-angel- You pointed out that Lily was Harry's mother's name. Bravo. Just because you're not a native english speaker doesn't mean you're not an idiot.

Richardc269- Not only did you contribute nothing to discussion, but you posted a message for another story in it, and you did a search. Those are big time no-no's.

Read the forum rules. They will clearly point out the do's and do not's of the DLP community.

4. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

damn it... if you have nothing to say, leave the post alone. i understand you're new and all that crap, but come on, read the rules. i thought there was an update.

5. gamegodtx

gamegodtx First Year

I wish he would continue this fic. It drizes me crazy when they stop mid-fic. :wall:

6. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

So. You posted in a three month old thread to express your dissatisfaction?

7. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

[​IMG]

Actually Sheep-Boy this is a 8 month old thread. The earlier three posts or so were necros too.

8. raja

raja Fourth Year

Why would you post that?

9. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Stop. Please. You realize necroposting is compounded and made far worse when you all post just to point it out that someone necroposted? If you want report the post. Or if you want to play moderator so much then be a good member and PM the newbie telling them necro is bad. That's what I do (when I'm being a good moderator).

And it's been said a million times, but we encourage all useful posts in the library, regardless of when the last post was. Complain about it being a pointless one line post. Complain that he spelled drives with a z in the middle. But in the library we want opinions. Even on old seemingly abandoned fics that haven't been updated in years. Opinions change and the libraries about recommendations. I wouldn't be surprised if people's opinions on this fic have changed too. Feel free to post again with some new insight. Library threads are excluded from this [necroposting], as we want your opinion. That's what the general DLP Forum rules say.

And it drives me crazy when people read unfinished WIP fics and then complain that they just read an unfinished WIP fic. Someone's literacy privileges should be put under review.

10. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Well, I read this, and couldn't see how it's garnered so many reviews. I definitely like the pairing and thought that it was clever, what with Lily Potter actually being Harry's alternate self, and appearing validly in the pairing sorting system on FFnet.

The story itself was underwhelming. The author's writing is just bland, and he constantly made syntax mistakes that disrupted the flow of the story, such as using "Harry's departing" instead of "Harry's departure", and is pretty simplistic overall. He constantly failed at the little sentence structures and word choices so that his writing comes off immature, ie "Lord, please have mercy on her soul, that Hungarian Horntail looked humongous and very scary."

The writing lacks that epicness that really makes a story shine in my eyes.

Then, the rest of the problems that the fic is mired sank it even further below my expectations.

11. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year

It's more because the author is quite popular in FF.net. His other works (Shadow Mage, Harry Potter and the New Life) are pretty much a favorite of the 'mainstream' fanfiction reader. Long, decently written stories with a super powered, Gary Sue, Harry who has a harem of women, while still having a strange infatuation with Lily, is what SilverAegis is pretty much well known for.

/me points at Harry Potter and the New Life as an example.

12. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I remember reading that as a nubile FF reader, and going through a part where Harry looks starstruck at his own mother in a bikini coming out of the pool, after which he quickly looks away. He tells her how beautiful she is at least once a chapter.

It was kinda freaky...

13. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

This fic was alright, good compared to a lot of the garbage around the fandom. Not the best, I don't like super powered Harry who can wave a hand and destroy any enemy.

I actually left the author a review a long time ago and told him off because of how annoying is was to read Harry's obsession with his mom and that he should just make the fic Harry/Lily (not that I am complaining). I told him that he is laying it on too thick and that he is the biggest mama's boy I have ever read in all of Potterdom......He replied and said he would not be as blatant with the Lily worship.

14. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

Why do people go on about 'Necro'ing in the Library? These threads are here to be reviewed wether the thread is old or new.

Now as to the story. It was nothing special, I think he just wants to write an incest fic but doesn't have the balls to post something like that on FFN.

-Linc-

(1st post!)

15. Andro

I don't know whether I should be disturbed or proud that Harry's obsession with his mother is considered mainstream.

16. Son of the Forsaken

Son of the Forsaken Third Year

Considering that in canon he gets together with Ginny who supposed look similar to Lily.(though in my opinion they don't)
    I don't see why it couldn't be mainstream when Harry knows little of his mother, with only being told that he has her eyes yet nothing else about her besides that.

17. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

In HP and the New Life, besides his obsession with his mother, which is understandable I guess since he never got to know her, I really got annoyed with the constant yearning for Ginny... It seems every chapter there was something about how he could hold her or jump in her panties or something. It was beyond an obsession in that aspect.

I like this story over the others because there is hardly any of the overly fluffy, tooth-rotting sweetness in the others.

18. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Since you are most likely the guy who tried to neg rep me, I'm gonna respond.

Did you even read the posts of those two? They did not contribute any new or original trains of thought regarding the fic.

haroon-angel- pointed out that Lily was Harry's mother's name. No shit I decided to call him on it. Ding dong! Captain Obvious is at the door! That did not require a post.

Richardc269 did not contribute anything to the discussion other than "Too bad he doesn't update' and then proceeded to ask Amersion about his Harry/self story (which has it's own thread).

If you read the stickies, you would know that unless you have something new or insightful to say, shut your mouth.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  19. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

As it happens I did not neg rep you as I dont even know how to Add or Take Rep from people. I dont spend enough time on DLP to care.

And you wern't the only one to metion Necro'ing, I mentioned It because I have seen it a few times throughout the Library forum.

-Linc-

20. Andro