1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Harry Potter: The New Life by SilverAegis - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by cmuylistoooo, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

An alright chapter but i honestly can't stand this fuckin shit with the filthy slut, for Nyx's sake he has one story where Harry's a slut and now he has this filthy garbage with...it. Quack i read the same bit at the end but i kinda doubt it'll happen, he seems to be getting bagged on by all the...thing, lovers *shudders* there taking over...

2. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

i'm pretty impressed by his explanation for the sorceror's stone.

and there's more explanation for it afterwards...

hell, it's the only fic i've come across that has some negatives about the stone other than it being ridiculously hard to make.

*edit

okay, the harry/ginny stuff is gag-worthy. i mean, not only is it h/g, but they're what? 12 and 11 years old?

mer?

3. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

author said its gonna be harry/yuna but is gonna write two versions one with harry/yuna the other harry/ginny

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Just read it...and hated the last chapter. It was nothing but fluff. Fluff between a 12 yo and two 11 yo's. Harry's mentally not even 12, he's more like 18. So why is he falling in love with Yuna? And is it just me, or is this Harry just perfect. He can dance better than anyone in the room, and all the adults just stop everything they're doing just to stare at kids dancing. Give me an effing break. :x

5. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Here, have a break, have a KitKat.

If it makes you feel any better I feel the same way.

6. Quack

Quack Second Year

Yeah, I think he might just go with Harry/Ginny. ><

You guys aren't alone. I think Harry's GarySueish too.

7. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

That chapter annoyed me to no ends. Actually I was extremely pissed off about it... I just hope they get over this "fluff-fest" and have Harry do something, or I'll have to retrain myself from sending a very angry email/review.

(sorry about that. I did like that chapter, sorta. I'm just pissed off that over 25 of my favorite stories are missing. Not that I still read half of them, but it's the principle of the thing!)

8. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

It's understandable...I lost like half my stories...so I know your pain..

9. Rain

It would be a favor, really, if it wasn't the stories actually being removed from the site. Removing stories from those fav. lists take so long, it being cleared completely would save me a lot of clicking.

The problem is, the fifteen or so I'd put back on right after it was cleared, were deleted. That is cause for sulking, ranting, and a PMS seeming attitude, I think. *sulks*

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

It's ok..here have a cookie... *hands over cookie*

11. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

I know something else that can cheer you up! Here, yours to do with as you please. *hands a screaming and kicking slash-loving h/g fangirl to Exiled Rain* Enjoy! :D

12. Rain

*whimpers* How do you shut it up? *slash fan screams louder* :evil:

:idea: ... :twisted: *pulls out various torture impliments and closes the door*

13. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

yes, harry's a bit too omnipotent in this fic.

he bases it on the training he got from the flamels, including dancing lessons from perenelle...and yet he had what?

a year, two years training with them? that's not exactly a long enough time to make him a master magician AND patrick swayze at the same time.

but i think the fic, overall, is fun. it's kept me entertained.

14. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I haven't read this latest chapter. Actually I didn't even finish the one before it.

I think I may have given up on SilverAegis. His style reminds me of dbzdragonlanceman. Where everything is just stated and explained about our perfect Harry. There was a time I would have really liked this sort of fic. But now I simply cannot stand it. Kind of like knightblazer85 as well, where the fics really don't feel remotely creative. That's not to say they're not original. It's just if you imagine an 18 year old Harry going back and turning into a 12 year old mama's boy gary stu. Now nothing in the fic is surprising at all. Every incident, scenario, and bit of character interaction is really close to exactly what you'd expect it to be. And to begin with, the sorts of stories he's trying to tell, don't hold my interest.

I mean Ron and Hermy bashing, cool and cliched shadow mage powers, super!Harry. These are all the ingredients of an interesting good independent Harry story. But this particular mix of ingredients always leaves me frustrated and disappointed. And uninterested now.

I do wish more people would write these kinds of fics (well maybe not this dumb-as-shit child!Casanova!Harry version, but his other one had grown-up Harry in a new world) but I don't think I'll ever care whether this particular author writes these kinds of fics.

I can see how others would like this fic. If I were younger, I probably would too. But years of reading fanfic have jaded me or something. Because in spite of many of the right elements, I don't have even a remote desire to read this. And something about what I've read... well, I guess it sucks.

15. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I read up to 5. I stopped long ago. I kept going after the first "Mom you're hot" thing, but after awhile...

The dude has SERIOUS mother issues. Seems like a juvenile fantasy. I stopped.

16. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

Dark Lord Shabranigdo is still waiting for an update. Still, He thinks it is a good story, but would prefer it if the author turned the whole ship twist scenario into a harem. THAT would be interesting to read.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Sree wonders if Shabitch wants to be castrated and then decapitated.

18. daterza

daterza First Year

I couldn`t agree more. Why must Harry choose when he can have them all.

19. Rain

But.. isn't Ginny part of that "relationship"? Cut her out and I'll consider it a semi-good idea.

20. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year