1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry the Hufflepuff by BajaB - K+

Discussion in 'Humor' started by nath1607, Nov 17, 2010.

1. nath1607

nath1607 Groundskeeper

Title: Harry the Hufflepuff
    Author: BajaB
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Humor
    DLP Category: Humor
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 4
    Words: 29,145
    Updated: December 4, 2010
    Published: November 10, 2010

Summary: Luckily, lazy came up in Petunia's tirades slightly more often than freak, otherwise, this could have been a very different story. AU. Not your usual Hufflepuff!Harry story.

A light read that is humorous and also takes a differant take than normal stories.
    Similar in character to Harry in ''Thief of Hogwarts'' although the magic is different.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6466185/1/Harry_the_Hufflepuff

The Sequels:

Title: Harry the Hufflepuff 2
    Rating: K
    Chapters: 4
    Words: 23,642
    Updated: October 5, 2011
    Published: August 28, 2011
    Summary: Lazy!Harry is back, and not doing very much at all...
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7330591/1/Harry-the-Hufflepuff-2

Title: Harry the Hufflepuff 3 - Harry's Year off
    Rating: K+
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 23,967
    Updated: Dec 23, 2014
    Published: Nov 23, 2014
    Summary: Sequel - Read the others first, of course. Lazy!harry is back for another year of doing nothing. This will not be a long story. Sorry for the wait.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10843543/1/Harry-the-Hufflepuff-3-Harry-s-Year-off

Checked by Minion, February 16, 2016
    Added the sequel's sequel. Thx to Kix for the info.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
  2. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

It would help if you fucking linked the story, but since you're apparently too stupid to do that, allow me.

3. nath1607

nath1607 Groundskeeper

Don't be such an arse. I made a mistake.

4. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I like the story a lot, although there is too little of it so far to give it a definitive rating - for now it seems like at least a 4/5. The writing is good, if not spectacular; well-paced, concise. The story line is certainly amusing, and the characterisation rings well with me. It's a light-hearted little story so far, and certainly entirely pleasant to read.

To get the rating up to a five it would have to stand out a little more, though. As it is, I really do like it so far.

5. Judicator

Judicator Squib DLP Supporter

I liked this story alot, subed it and will continue reading.

4/5 for now since its pretty short

defo has potential :D

6. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

I found this one to be rather interesting. 4/5 from me.

7. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like it. Lazy Harry is the best, but i agree there is nothing too extra about it. 4,5/5

8. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

It's entertaining, it's funny and it adds an interesting spin to the HP story. Like Thief, without being borderline stupid. I *like* it and I really wanna know how he beats Voldemort by being more lazy.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    BajaB is good and all, but this fic bugs me. I'm still only at the first chapter, but it is obvious that BajaB has never been truly lazy, or had streaks of laziness.

He tries hard to point out what Harry does that makes him lazy, but it's not how lazy people act. Hell, I'd know, I'm one of them.

Still, I'll keep reading the fic, at least until I find something better to read or buy AC Brotherhood in two days.

3/5

Will edit if I meet something worthy of comment.

Edit:If you ignore the first chapter, from the moment Harry gets to Hogwarts the lulz begin. And we get to see some real lazy work thar. I want to see it updated, and soon.

EDIT: Since we're talking about streaks of laziness, please press the enter key TWICE when you change paragraphs.

IN ALL YOUR POSTS, IN ALL THE SUBFORUMS OF THE DARK LORD POTTER FORUMS.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Crackfic really, but enjoyable enough.

Hopefully it continues.

4/5. It's seriously not special enough be ranked up there with all of the greats at a 5.

11. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

I assumed he meant lazy ironically. I mean, at my house, pulling weeds from the lawn and washing the car is considered the work of a pretty productive day, not just a good start as it seems to be in this case.

I also found it lulzy that the best that he can think of to make his life easier is to make the lawn mower self propelling and to fix a quicker mode of transportation. Not teleporting, but a bike that he still has to peddle. I think he suffers more from a lack of imagination than laziness, though 'Harry-Kari" did make me laugh.

EDIT: I take back what I said about the lack of imagination. Just read chapter two. Funny stuff.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  12. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

BajaB writes some good stuff, but whenever I read one of his multi-chaptered stories I always finish feeling like there was something missing. It's like he writes the stories and finishes, but it doesn't feel like I've read a complete story. Anyone else get that? Maybe you can put it into better words than I can.

Other than that this is a pretty good crack fic. I'm enjoying it so far. For once I'm actually laughing at the Snape and Harry confrontations.

4/5.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  13. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Very enjoyable. I wonder if Harry is going to convert anyone to his way of thinking?

14. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Pretty enjoyable fic this. Prematurely put here, however.

If the quality stays similar to the second chapter, this will be a fantastic read. At the moment though, I'll rate it 4/5 and simply hope things continue along this line.

Once he stops trying to kill/save Harry, fanon!Dobby and Harry are going to get along famously.

15. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

Had a lot of fun with this.

Cursed when i realized there were only two chapters. Was hoping to kill a couple hours.

16. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

I can understand why Harry enjoys charms and runes so much. Usually wizards are portrayed as lazy, as there is a charm for everything... doing your tie (hell, you could probably have runes on it to avoid casting the spell), tieing your shoelaces, ironing, cleaning...

It is refreshing, even though it is a cracfic, to read about Harry embracing an attitude towards life common for wizards in HPverse: why bother and tire yourself out if you can use a spell instead.

4/5. Worth reading if you have some time to kill, however there is no reason to lose sleep over it.

17. Innomine

High Score:
    What the hell Bukay? He's not leading into a common wizarding life. :/ So far he seems completely unlike all of the other people. His visage is to do everything that he needs to do in the easiest way possible, and to take this approach to the absolute extreme.

Using magic to do their ironing/cleaning is't lazy, it's fucking convenient. It's like saying we're lazy using washing machines and dryers, and that we should all get buckets of soapy water and beat our clothes on rocks to wash them instead.

So no, I don't think he's embracing common wizarding life at all. If anything, he's doing less than they do.

18. Johnny Farrar

Johnny Farrar High Inquisitor

I was about to post this in the Almost Recommended thread, when I came across this.

Onto the story, I did like the writing and some parts made me laugh, especially in the new chapter. Particularly, I found Harry's reasoning behind sitting in the Slytherin table quite funny.

The concept itself is a bit bizarre and I can't say I have seen something similar. It could have been very easy for the author to go overboard with the idea, but BajaB didn't. Overall, it doesn't read like a crack fic to me, even though with the idea it was very much possible.

Anyway, I think it's a bit early to rate the story just yet. There are only two chapters. But I definitely liked this lot better than his last one-shot, For the Love of Hate.

19. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lighthearted and fun, I enjoyed this fic.

4/5.

20. Innomine

High Score:
    I just want a god damn update. :/

What's Baja's update rate like?