1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry the Hufflepuff by BajaB - K+

Discussion in 'Humor' started by nath1607, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Riiiight. It says he's been here since July. He should know by now to add the fucking story link. Unless he honestly forgot about it. Sheesh.

2. ShadowGryffin

ShadowGryffin Squib

So far this has a decent writing style it's not to rushed or anything. With the amount of FF. that i read it's a refreshing story/plot line. 4/5 for me couple of grammar and spelling mistakes nothing to noticeable. (I really need to get to this site more often. Working for a carnival sucks during the summer no internet.)

3. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

So, I may be in a testy sort of mood. That's entirely possible. Even probable. Disclaimers aside, though, allow me to ask a simple question:

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Every month, I see about 6 or 7 threads where the OP, busy filling in the blanks of the posting format, gets distracted and forgets to paste the link before pressing "submit." Most of the time they reread their post, realise their mistake, and edit the link in. When they don't, someone posts to say [standard reply]"A link would help."[/standard reply]. Then the OP says [standard comeback]"Er, oops?"[/standard comeback]. And adds the link.

And ooooh, guess what. It works. It lasts 10 minutes, then it's over, and we can all go back to reviewing the thing.

But not for this thread. For some reason, this thread is special; and suddenly, randomly swearing and spitting insults in a post is considered adequate response to a simple, common, appallingly frequent mistake.

I swear, you all must be so fucking bored. Starting a fight over a missing link? That's a new low.

Get the fuck out of this thread and go get your cheap ego boosts elsewhere.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  4. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I came.

p.s. The story was pretty good too.

5. nath1607

nath1607 Groundskeeper

It's been updated. Looks like it is going to be a weekly thing.

6. evilchaos

evilchaos Squib

The third chapter was great. I had almost stopped reading near the end of the first chapter, but I'm glad I decided to continue. The story is definitely getting better as it goes along.

A solid 4/5.

7. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

Alright, so who wants to bet that Harry inadvertently becomes the greatest Wizard of his time just by inventing methods that lets him be as lazy as possible?

Oh, and 4/5, with potential for a higher score in the future. Another great story from BajaB.

8. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

New chapter is out.

"Why do you call Cedric Eddy, Harry?" asked Neville.

"I dunno," said Harry shrugging. "Ever since B1 and B2 doused him with that load of white fairy dust that made him sparkle when he went outside, I can't help but think of him as Eddy. It's really weird actually."

This story gets better and better. 4/5

9. Alexeyy

Alexeyy Seventh Year DLP Supporter

It's funny; I want to use the same quote to show where it started to get worse. These funny references mark when the story started to loose cohesiveness and turn to the path of silly inane jokes. Disappointed, taking into account who the author is.

Edit: I mean, if it's the best joke he could come up with (and this joke appears more than once), then it's obvious it's time to press the big red button in the right-most courner.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  10. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Have to agree that that particular joke was lame, but I did like the new chapter. It felt like a bit of a lull in story progress, though, to be honest - not a lot really happened. Still enjoying the story, hopefully it will pick up in pace in later chapters.

11. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

A reasonable update. Not as good as the second chapter, but still better than the first. Similarly to Alexeyy, I found the Twilight jokes somewhat amusing the first time, but less so the second, third and fourth time.

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't like this chapter as much as the first 2. I'm not a great fan of breaking the 4th wall, even in pure humour. It also seemed to be significantly made up of filler. So: no plot progression, nothing that made me laugh.

Downgrading rating to 3/5.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  13. Hoshiakari

Hoshiakari Second Year

So scenes in Hagrid´s hut and about PS were not plot progression ? It seems like story has not reached Halloween but Harry and Hermione already know about PS (several months sooner than in canon).

What would qualify as plot progression ?:confused:

14. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry, I'll qualify my statement. No original plot progression. Re-reading a summary of Philosopher's Stone doesn't count.

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Since I'm reading this story purely for the lulz, I wasn't fazed by the snipe at Patinson. I lol'd, excessively. I know it's not a serious read, but it's fun.

16. Johnny Farrar

Johnny Farrar High Inquisitor

I found the references funny and I did laugh, yet at the same time I also agree with Alexeyy that it usually happens when the plot looses cohesiveness.

Agree with Taure that there was no plot progression and I do sincerely hope that this is not going to be another canon rehash with a lazy Harry like his last one-shot was with a powerful!Harry.

I'll wait for a few more chapters to decide on the rating.

17. Anme

Anme Professor

This is actually complete with the fourth chapter. I liked most of what I read but I had hoped for something that would make it stand out some more. An enjoyable read but not much more.

18. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I like the little nod BajaB gave to The Sorcerer's Apprentice in this last chapter.

Lighthearted and somewhat silly, but good enough to read again.

4/5 overall.

19. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good fun fic. Despite a resolution to the fic, I found myself wanting to find out how lazy Harry would deal with other events throughout the books. Given a way to force lazy Harry into the TriWizard, the results could have been most amusing.

4/5.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    @NekuraEnzeru: do them like this - [SPOILER]Text you want to hide, like how Harry's animagus form is a three-toed sloth.[/SPOILER]

I enjoyed the story, which was fresh and novel in the fandom (though perhaps not in literature--Heinlein wrote a story along similar lines), something that's becoming rare of late. While I'd like to see how such a Harry could manage all seven years, unlike the case with Almost a Squib, it'd have been hard to keep up the gag. Perhaps BajaB might be persuaded to write a collection of omakes as his muse strikes that cover these years.

It's good to see this author back writing fanfiction.

4/5