1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Hazredous' Interruptions by Eleventh Messenger - M - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/RWBY

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Download, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: A Practical Guide to Evil
    Author: Eleventh Messenger
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Pairing: Canon pairings?
    Fandom: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/RWBY crossover
    Chapters: 25
    Words: 133k
    Updated: 26/4/16
    Published: 27/1/16
    FF.net
    Author's Summary:

Alright, lets make it clear at the start: I've never watched Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and spent much of this story checking the wiki for information. I can't attests to the accuracy of MGLN characters.

That said, I think this is a well balanced crossover; characters and concepts from both RWBY and MGLN get plenty of storytime, no one is OP, and the plot - along with what caused them to collide - feels believable within the confines of what I understand about both series. The author has managed to combine both of them without a canon rehash and has kept the plot unpredictable. The characters reactions to what's going on around them feels believable.

I'm going to give it a 4/5

2. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I think I recall reading a bit of this some time ago. I don't remember what I stopped reading it for though.

Also, from what I can see the title was spelled so intentionally. Is it something to do with one of the fandoms? I'm not terribly knowledgeable about either of them so I could just be missing the obvious.

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Yes. In MGLN, one of the Ancient Precursor Civilizations (tm) that died out and left doomsday devices everywhere for the cast to deal with was named Al-Hazred. Apparently, in this story, Remnant is the remains of one of that civilization's worlds with some very strange properties.

I've been following this story over on SB, and I've gotta say, it's not bad. There are parts where the author suffers from a lack of focus (most egregiously, whenever the in-universe "shipping" bullshit is going on), but other than that the writing is mechanically sound and the plot is moving along at a decent pace. I'm enjoying it enough to check the thread every couple days for updates, which is more than I can say for a lot of things.

I'd give it a solid 4/5

4. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It just updated and they're really going at this shipping stuff - it's sickly. I didn't mind it so much as a few lines joke but this is far beyond that.