1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So does the Coin fuck odd decks then?

3. Mister Ferro

I wouldn't think so since the coin isn't one of your 30 cards.

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It's "Cards in your deck", and the coin goes straight into your hands. Only way the coin could be a problem is if you put it there with Dead Man's Hand or something similar.

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Coin isn't a card in deck, as Quest Mage has established extensively. I also remember reading that a Malchezaar wouldn't affect any 'odds only' cards, but I'd have to go look for the source. Probably somewhere on the subreddit.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What decks right now are you reliably on board with (that don't have even cost cards like spiteful summoner, twilight drake or big priest spells)? Your curve is fucked too. What, you're gonna double the health of a 3-drop?

It feels like a tempo card, but how does that even work with your curve completely fucked? And priest seems like one of the worst hero powers to buff with either of these two cards anyway...

The other three are just powerful when played.

As i said, I'd have preferred if they didn't print cards like this and just let the community try and build their own decks around the effects. Control Warlock with 1m life tap could be interesting, for instance.

7. Agayek

Unless I'm reading it wrong (which is entirely possible), you don't need anything on board. You just play it on curve, and then for the rest of the game all your minions have double hp. It's kinda nuts from a pure value proposition, let alone with what Divine Spirit and Inner Fire combos can do with it.

8. Mister Ferro

The battlecry only takes affect when other minions are on your board. Dean Ayala said "all other minions in play" at the 5:48 mark of the video.

9. Agayek

Ah okay. Then I was wrong; that card is pretty shit. It'd be decent in a zoo priest deck, but I don't think we've ever had one of those work in the meta.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, I didn't read it as a Quest Rogue-like effect. It would have been bonkers if that were the case. Even in the odd case that Priests got some great cards to go with it, those cards would be the reason why you play that deck, not the legendary or this one. The boost to the Priest HP is worthless imo.

11. Mister Ferro

New Year of the Raven Celebration
    [​IMG]

Celebraven
    To ring in the coming Hearthstone Year, we’re throwing a New Year of the Raven party! Every time you complete a daily quest*, you’ll also be awarded a card pack. These packs can be from Journey to Un’Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, Kobolds & Catacombs, or even The Witchwood! You can tear open The Witchwood card packs after the expansion goes live in April.

The party starts on March 26 at 11:59 p.m. PDT and lasts until April 9 at 11:59 PDT, so don’t be late!

*The Play a Friend quest will be disabled for the course of the event, but will return after it’s over.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    And the First Card That Made Me Spittake Award goes toooo...

[​IMG]

I haven't even thought about the true garbage implications yet, just saw it. At least Scaled Nightmare is rotating out...

Cool art btw

13. Mister Ferro

I like this beauty!!
    [​IMG]

14. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Corridor Creeper is back B'aby.

15. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

That’s probably not the best thing about that card...

Although it’s actually not /that/ OP. You normally want to buff your minion health for OTK before inner fire-ing anyways. 6 mana 5/5 with that effect still strong af I imagine though.

16. Agayek

It's pretty OP man. The main thing it does is eliminate the primary weakness of priest minions (that being low attack to compensate for their relatively high health).

It's probably not going to see a great deal of play in constructed, for exactly the reason you mention, (though it still might, even without playing into OTK combos, it's pretty good), but in Arena it's gonna be nuts.

17. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Just found Chameleos. Now THAT is an OP card. Just have it sit in your hand and know all the cards your opponent has in hand pretty soon >.>
    --- Post automerged ---
    It will nerve attack for a bunch of minions as well. You need to pick it up early in your Arena draft for it to be too crazy.

18. Agayek

That would be true for any class but priest. Priest already naturally favors high hp minions in its class design, both in spell and hero power support as well as sheer relative quantity of such minions compared to other classes, so as a general rule you want to be picking them over the alternatives anyway. Lady in White just makes doing so even better.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Mogu'shan warden meta, rofl

20. Mister Ferro

This neutral 5 mana minion might outshine the poor warden in the new lady in White deck:

[​IMG]

It would also be good in Taunt Druid.

Hell this is an overall great anti-aggro card.