1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That card is just busted in arena, right?

2. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

3. Gengar

High Score:
    Arena was fun for one week. It's fucking horrid now after the 'fix'. The variance in deck power is just absurd in my exp

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

To be fair, there's about an 80% chance that's mostly because of decks being carried over from before the hotfix, when arena decks were all god-tier. It'll likely be a fair bit better after Witchwood comes out and they retire all the existing decks. I'm not sure it'll fix it entirely, but it should at least improve the situation.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    This adds some more consistency to Kingsbane. Wonder if a rush package can work in place of oracles and shadowsteps.

I was already considering Muck Hunter in Rogue, then there's Cursed Castaway (a new Rogue Rush minion) that thins the deck even more and pulls the likes of Minstrel, EvC, Si:7 and Vilespine.

What I'm super curious about is this card's interaction with Kingsbane after you give it lifesteal and if you have another Deathrattle in your deck (say the new 5 mana 4/5 taunt that heals). Will it see Kingsbane a lifesteal for the pull and pull the taunt too? Really curious.

This is a day-1 craft for me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  6. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Is Warrior going to be viable this patch? I see the axe and all the rush cards and can’t help but think that might actually be decent. Cubelocks be cubelocking, but still.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    I think so. I think the rush package looks really strong for warrior, great tempo and given the nature, not so cancerous given you can't immediately go face.

The odd or even control warrior looks promising too. Not sure which is better yet. I'm thinking aggro heavy, non-dude meta means the 1m hero power will be better and the opposite in this meta, with dudes being crushed by ww and a lot of floating mana for tank up.

8. Agayek

I have no way to be sure, obviously, but I imagine Countess Ashmore will be the same as the other similar effects and operate on the base state of the card, not any buffs it may have. As in, Kingsbane would count as a Deathrattle card, but not lifesteal or rush.

9. Mister Ferro

There is serious competition for my affection now that the Countess is revealed. Gnomeferatu will not be pleased with this news.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Don't act like you're not jacking it to Toki.

Rogue gets more waifus...

I abhor the burgle mechanic so, so much, but god damn. That Blinkfox art is just gorgeous! Can't wait to gold it. [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Agayek

Tess Greymane is either gonna be absolutely awful, or fucking amazing.

I honestly don't know which I'd prefer.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Awful. You prefer awful.

I love Rogue and even I don't want it to be good...

Except I'd really like a reason to use Blink Fox, so puuuurty

Actually, scratch that. Blink Fox is just good standalone 3 drop. Doesn't need a burgle package.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Book of Spectres is so powerful I think it'll make Elemental Mage viable...

https://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuild...85:2;61810:1;89353:2;89416:2;89424:1;89425:2;

Just made this in about a minute after the latest card reveal (5/5 elemental draw a card). The deck only has 8 spells, which you can cut down to 6 if you wanna drop the glyphs. The Book + Arugal is such a high value combo... Maybe watch out for it.

I'd probably swap the fireballs for polymorphs if control warlock is still busted tbh (it will be).

13. Mister Ferro

Toki is cute sure, but cute doesn't cut it for my waifus!

As for the new Elemental, this meme represents my feelings:
    [​IMG]

Better view of card in meme: [​IMG]

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I was toying around with trying to mix Spiteful Summoner into Elemental mage, but I'm not quite sure it works with Book of Specters, especially with Firelands Portal rotating out leaving Flamestrike the only expensive spell. Could it be worth it with the only spells being Books, Blizzards and Flamestrikes?

Not sure.

Actually, with the Old Gods rotating out, the worst 10 drop you can get is an 8/8... maybe run Flamestrikes and Pyroblasts...? Might try it out.

15. Mister Ferro

So there were some reveals just before the Final stream (live now) and Warlock is now Priest:
    [​IMG]

And the 2nd Shaman Legendary:

[​IMG]

16. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Control hunter, tempo rush warrior, odd mage and rogue in general were looking pretty shit, but I really want to play heal priest now.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I think this expansion just looks super underwhelming unless you're a Shaman player - Shudderwock may actually have some busted combos if used right, specifically with Zola and Saronite Chain Gang so if played on an empty board you'll always get another (assuming Saronite effect goes off before Zola, it's random).

I don't see any of these decks challenging Cube/Control lock, and the ones that dude just got gutted. Quest Rogue is still there to keep it honest, I guess, worst case.

18. Mister Ferro

[​IMG]
    The Dark Pact nerf nobody thought of yet will still be considered too op.

[​IMG]

3 mana 6/8 because this is a new Cube activator!

19. Agayek

Blizzard's been hilariously inconsistent with card effects in the past, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's only the targets that are randomized. The battlecries should still go in the order they were played, so if Zola is the first battlecry you play, you should be able to control it so that Shudderwock will return to your hand infinitely as long as you play it on an empty board.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I think Brode said that originally too on stream, and I'd think it was actually a brilliantly designed card if that were true but I think he was corrected shortly after.

Have to watch back the stream, they were going off like crazy and it was 430am T_T