1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hellgate: London

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Links:

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/
    Art/wallpaper/screenshots: http://www.hellgatelondon.com/downloads.html
    Videos: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellgatelondon/media.html

the videos are... just sweet.

This game is disgusting. Made by the guys who did Diablo, they left Blizzard and formed this game. It's due out before too long, and plays sort of like a 3d Diablo.

The idea behind it is, the war against demons was lost years ago, and London is but one of the areas being Hell-aformed, into a habitat hospitable to demons. You play one of the templars who are tasked with driving back the hordes.

It's a first person for the most part, but your aiming and damage is determined by RPG stats, not twitch gamer skills.

2. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Yeah, this game will kick ass. I think that the graphics engine for it is excellent. Especially for one that they made from the bottom up. The did this because everytime you play, the monster placements and where the buildings and stuff are is completely random and different.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Can you play as different classes, or are you stuck as the same basic character. All the customization was what made me like Diablo II in the first place. Without it I don't think I would very much care.

4. LINKed up

I think that there is going to be different class in the game. And as for the customization, you can basically add stuff to and take stuff off of your weapons, as shown in one of the movies. In the PC Gamers article where I first heard of this game, they said that there would be multiple classes. Also, there is going to be more cities than just London. They chose London for its underground. I personally think that Rome would be good, along with NYC maybe. Rome has catacombs right?

5. Midknight

As does Paris.

Yeah theres going to be different classes. I agree it's kick ass that you can modify your weapons on the spot, which video is the one that's in, I mut of missed it

6. LINKed up

Its on gamespot. Just search for the videos for it, and its Gameplay #1 without the E3 logo.

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I don't like to play PC games...I wish it came on PS2. :cry:

8. LINKed up

The graphucs engine would make it impossible to transfer on to the PS2 without major quality reduction.

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

looks kinda like diablo meets doom to me... gonna try it once its avalible thoguh

10. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Looks good, I liked Diablo and Diablo II, although I would like to know what the other classes are. A class that can create things to help you would be great, I've always been a fan of having minions.

11. Midknight

Hadn't found a site that says, most of them just have this:

Character classes. Fight against the demons of the underworld as one of several unique character classes. Like the Templar, each class has a unique visual and game play style based on their particular history and place in the world. Randomly generated items that can be modified in numerous ways ensure that heroes are distinct and individualized.

Although I did find the wiki for it, which has more of the backstory, and if it's as intricate as it hints at I'll be floored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellgate:_London

Saw the cinematic trailer and jesus christ it makes the game even more playable then STALKER for me!

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6126587&pid=927136

Grab the 204 meg version if you can, the above is the low res streaming trailer. Downloading the high res now to see what that looks like