1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes of the Storm

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Tyrjon, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I gave this game a try months ago and didn't enjoy it. When Li-ming came out, I knew I had to give her a shot, and it honestly feels like I'm playing a different moba because she's so stupid fun to play.

Teleport focused build is by far the most entertaining for me, and solves a lot of her squishiness issues. The constant reapplication of the Diamond Skin shield, plus her Spell Shield, make her surprisingly tanky. Then once you get a single reset off, all of your damage issues are solved.

The more common build focuses on buffing her Q and is really strong, but I don't like the immobility of Disintegrate in a lot of situations. Once you add the 60% slow to it though, it just becomes dirty.

2. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Vikings are surprisingly fun, but only in a 'eh, fuck around in VS AI' sense for me. Macro sucks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Invictus, was it you me and Oment accidentaly ran into twice?

4. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

I'm on the EU server and am looking for people to play with. I'm Jaina#21427.
    My mains are Jaina, Raynor, Lili, Sylvanas and Johanna, although I have some others which I also use to complete daily quests with.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Nope, sorry to break your heart. Not playing anything for the last months and I don’t have this game.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Huh. I could've sworn we'd played some months ago. Must be confusing you with someone else.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Does anyone know when Tracer is coming? Been waiting on her for a while before getting back in...

With the release rapidly approaching, I figured they'd want her in before Overwatch goes live... I'll just play Overwatch for my Tracer fix otherwise...

8. Oment

April, IIRC.

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

If anyone wants to play in the evenings on NA servers, feel free to add MooseKens#1650 to your bnet tag list.

Right now, I'm playing Lt. Morales, Xul, Sonya, Jaina, Falstad and Sgt. Hammer.

Siege Tank = awesome.

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    If Blizzard can't make a draft client that isn't buggier than a spider's nest they could have at least not made the penalty of the client crashing mid-pick that a) it counts as if you dodged and b) lose upward of 200 points (which is upwards of 300 if you count demote auto-lost points).

Really now, Blizzard?

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Finally, Tracer.

Kinda sad the Origins Edition skin isn't there. Love Tracer with aviators...

Though that Specter model...

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Seeing characters talk without opening their mouths or twitching never gets old.

Yay Tracer and all that.

13. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

So I picked up a Starter's pack for the Zeratul skin and mount.

That means I have the codes for Jaina, Li Li, Sonya, Zeratul and Zagara to give away.

Anyone want them? PM me.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  14. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Picked it up again since all heroes are free to use for the weekend, which works out fine since I have none xD

Sylvanas is a lot of fun so far. Going to be playing this game quite a bit at least for the weekend, so, hit me up if you see me online. I'm Nemrut#2193

That said, they really want you to pay real money for the heroes, which is quite the turn-off for me. I mean, they throw you a bone if you level yourself and the heroes available to you and give you a bit of gold for that but for winning a match you only get 30g. Have fun getting someone like Sylvanas for 10 000g. Okay, with all the level rewards, I might get her this weekend, but there are like 9000 other heroes that I won't get any time soon unless I want to pump a few months into this game or drop like 50 € for six of them.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Nemrut There are numerous low cost heroes that are just as (sometimes even more) effective as the 10k. It's a matter of how recently they've come out, not how good they are. Costs range from 2k to 10k (or 15k if the hero literally just came out).

Don't buy 10k heroes yet. Get some of the cheaper ones first.

Also, your main source of gold income will be getting champions to lvl 5 (500g) as well as your daily quest. Getting gold isn't as hard as it sounds.

16. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Isn't Nova a relatively old hero? She still costs 10k.

Still, have been playing it again and had a lot of fun with Brightwing and Sylvanas.

17. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nova's price might be inflated due to the release of Nova: Covert Ops as an expansion pack in Starcraft 2. Could be one of those sneaky deals.

But yeah, gold isn't incredibly hard to come by. I have... 150,000 just sitting there from daily quest accumulation, and I only play a game a day.

18. Oment

Like Rep said, there are numerous heroes that are very effective for a reasonable cost. To wit, from ten games at a medium-high level of ranked play: I've seen picks or bans of: ETC (8 times), Muradin (7), Valla (6), Raynor (2), and Malfurion (1) from the 2000 gold heroes. That's pretty decent involvement - 17 % for 12 % (6/50, Li Li wasn't picked) of the heroes.

Mind, all the Vallas lost, but that's probably variance.

If we expand this to 4000 gold heroes as well, we get shit like Illidan (who's currently being banned out for being utterly obnoxious to play against), Zagara (who tends to escape the bans because of Illidan and Li Ming, and that's pretty much the only reason), Johanna, and Jaina.

Of the ones I've mentioned, Muradin, ETC and Zagara all had over 75 % involvement in last weekend's competitive global finals, with Muradin being present in all but two games. (Which was on a previous patch, though.)

Depending on what you like to/can play, just getting a fair amount of 2k/4k heroes is going to give you a decently rounded roster. Weak in the Support department, perhaps, and with only one (and a half, for certain Muradin builds) bruiser, but that's why it's decently rounded, not well-rounded.

19. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  20. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm hoping for Deathwing, but would they actually do that?

Maybe it's a new boss or something, or an event and they're not bringing Deathwing as a playable champion?