1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes Reborn

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by LINKed up, Sep 27, 2006.

1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

This show is amazing. Its about everyday, normal people that discover that they have super powers, basically. The first episode, which can be viewed online at the link above, sets up the tone of the whole series I believe. As of now, we know of six people with the super powers. One is a Texas cheerleader that is indestrucible. Another is a Japanese man named Hiro. There are two New York brothers that can fly. One of them is a Las Vegas woman that has an alter-ego or something. And the last is a painter with drug-induced precognition.

2. Lady Lana

Lady Lana Guest

I've seen the itunes advanced preview of this a while ago. I think it has an enormous potential, although the plot does look a bit like X-Men's. But I'll wait..My favorite character so far is the druggie painter.. I have no idea why...

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That never happens... never.

Sorry, I just had to say that. :)

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

What you have never woken up to find you have super powers... how very odd. Why just the other day I discovered I had the ability to scratch my self in 3 places at once. If only I could use this power for good instead of evil.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Heroes

Hi, been up all night watching Heroes on You Tube. I think I've finally found something that can match my 'obsession' with Harry Potter.

Its a tv show about a group of seemingly random people who have evolved to the next stage of human advancement, gaining super powers; be they painting the future, flying or being able to recover from any injury (including death).

So far there are 9 episodes with the 10th one coming out on Monday and I'm waiting in anticipation for it.

If you want to check out the episodes go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UwBZy49loI

It is a great series with good humorous moments and plenty of action. I would advise anyone with even a vague sense of humour and a liking for paranormal powers (heh, this is a HP fanfic site :p) to watch it. The episodes are divided into parts so you'll have to go onto the next one straight afterwards, but just wait for the end of the file and it'll bring up the next episode/scene.

6. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Merged this with the old Heroes thread Aekiel. Try not to dupe post please.

As for the show, I like it, but after the first 2 episodes it just felt like it was going to take too long to develop. Especially airing at the same time as more important TV. Like Monday Night Football. Probably will wait for the season on DVD before I watch it again. I get too frustrated by shows that take an entire season to develop hints at answers (like Lost or 24).

7. Aekiel

High Score:
    Sorry bout that, I forgot to check in my excitement/sleep deprivation. Still, its came to a climax in epsiode 9 where everything happens and sets the scene for the major plot. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World seems a bit drastic but I'm going to waiting for the new episode all day tommorow.

8. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Actually the second brother (the one not in politics) has the ability to copy other hero's powers, but only when they are nearby. I, too have been watching this show and thoroughly enjoy it.

9. Aensland

Aensland Third Year

I tried, I really did. But I have a couple other things on Mondays that I watch that just hold my attention better. I liked what I saw though. I really need to get that program, Tivo or whatever...

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    If you really want to watch it the first 7 episodes are on you tube, which is where I first found it. The link is in my previous post, which takes you to the first episode. As I said before, I would highly recommend it and believe it will be one of the best series on TV. Possibly comparing to Stargate SG-1 in quality, though with a different style storyline.

The storyline itself is not like most other programs, it starts with many different individuals whose stories become intertwined with eachother to the point where each person is a part of the whole plot.

11. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

One of the better scifi on TV now. The story can be a little slow, but that’s its charm too. Will be interesting to see if they can make a multi-season show out of it. It has potential to intrigue me for a long time. Hopefully they won’t screw it up, but it would be better if they had a spaceship too. That would make my day.

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's my favorite show on TV now, but I hate they way they keep having these guys coincidentally bumping into each other, or in DL and Nikki's case, having them be married.
    SPOILER below.
    They did fuck up Peter's power in the last episode, after all, he's a mimic, so when Syler went after him, he should of been fine, having Syler's powers.

Then later on, when the cops come, he resets his leg, mimicing the cheerleader's powers.. yet she's nowhere to be found and had been gone for awhile

I can't stand Peter, he comes off too much like a pussy. Hiro's funny as hell, and the indian doctor is awesome.

13. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

The Indian kid has cool power...I donno what you would call it but..its cool the way he messes with your dreams. I want the Doctor guy to have powers too.
    I just have on question though....if the cheerleader's power allows her to live no matter what...how do you kill her then? How could syler kill her. I like DL's powers the most though.

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    The doctor guy is cool, but its part of his charm that he's completely normal and is still a part of it. Not just a side kick like Ando. The dream kid has a power like astral projection but it seems to just affect peoples' dreams.

There is some discussion on the forums at www.9thwonders.com about Sylar's powers along with Peter's. So far it seems like he's either got super powerful telekinesis or he has a mixture of many different powers. Peter in the latest episode just seems to do nothing but get himself killed, and I think that he can absorb powers for a time, not just while he's in other Hero's presence. To kill the cheerleader most people think you'd have to remove her brain, cause she can't regenerate while its incapacitated. Like when there's a stick stuck in it.

Aekiel

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  15. Vincent V

Vincent V Slug Club Member

To answer Indo's question about how to kill the cheerleader, I think you would need to destroy her brain. Remember the episode where she was going to be raped by the QB, and a stick went into her head. She didn't heal until the stick was pulled out.

Also, that Sylar guy always kills people by slicing there heads open and stuff. Just a theory.

16. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

If thats the case then all you have to do to bring her back to life is just put the brain back in. I mean...if syler takes it out..then puts it back in so she would be alive again,right?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  17. Vincent V

Vincent V Slug Club Member

I guess... this show confuses the hell out of me though.

18. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

You could also go here http://www.dailymotion.com/ShinJin/heroes
    It has better quality videos than You Tube, and they are whole episodes.

Also to Peter being strange... its kind of weird that he has all these psychic moments where he knows something is about to happen...
    Like in the 10th episode... he knows some how that his brother had a accident and i dont think the artists was anywhere around.
    Although I am curious as to how Sylar got his powers... maybe he doesnt just cut out the brain... maybe he pulls a Hannibal!
    He did mention his hunger in the tape
    never know...

19. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    And I made this thread when the show first started. ^_^

About Sylar, I think that his power is the ablity to sense the other heroes and to be able to permanently take their powers when he kills them.

This can be seen when he kills the telekenetic dude in the most recent episode, as he gets the power afterwards.
    As for the brain eating... that would be really, really weird. Too bad that after the next episode, we have to wait until after the new year. :(

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I was thinking brain eating because of...

the watch in the tenth episode.
    Its name being sylar... it having different parts inside that didnt belong to it. Seemed like a good metaphor.

as for his powers being able to sense other heroes... could be, but how would that explain him...

Going after the other cheerleader in the 9th episode. and just throwing the real hero away... sure that throw probably would have killed her but he seems to be going after the heroes with his weird mental head splitting powers

i figure he's just using the genetisists map he copied.
    Thats also why he didnt know which cheerleader was the right one because the mind control girl took her off the map.

what i want to know is who is this uluru thing, the rock monster.

Im going to take a guess and say its the cheerleader.