1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Higurashi "fanfiction"

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Cyclops, May 20, 2015.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I'm almost done watching the Higurashi anime for the first time, and I'm not quite ready to let these characters go just yet.

Are there any good fanfics out there?

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I felt exactly the same way when I finished the Higurashi anime.

As for fanfiction, it'd take a very good writer to do Higurashi's characters justice. I can't think of any major Higurashi fics. Kyon: Big Damn Hero by Durandall is the only one that comes to mind, and even then it's mostly a Haruhi fanfic with Higurashi playing a major crossover role a little later. Durandall does do characters very well though. It's unlikely to fix your Higurashi craving unless you want to see how the characters are doing 15ish years later.

If you want more Higurashi, then there are numerous spin-offs and adaptations including the original sound novels/visual novels, regular novels, manga, live action film, and other bits and pieces. You'll have to search around for fan translations I imagine.

/googling

Huh. Good timing. Six days ago, the first Higurashi game was released in English and Japanese with updated character graphics, original background music, uncut content, and for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The publisher's site has a lot of the details.

Publisher [NSFW site] - http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=132
    Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/310360/

Last edited: May 21, 2015