1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Hogwarts Battle School by Kwan Li

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Averis, May 22, 2013.

1. dragovitch

dragovitch Disappeared

To be honest, him being a cunt isn't that big of an issue, it's just that I don't get why he's being a cunt.

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I like that he is a successful cunt, and look forward to when Harry finds out he is the hidden cunt, so he can fuck that cunt.

3. dragovitch

dragovitch Disappeared

Oh Harry's going to fuck that cunt. He's not really that much of a successful cunt either, without Harry, Slytherin's going to fail at battle class. So, all in all, Blaise is a stupid cunt who has no motivation for being one.

4. LoyalFenian

LoyalFenian Fourth Year

Does any cunt have a justifiable reason for being a cunt?

5. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Harry still needs to commit his first cold-blooded act of murder. Just putting that out there.

Cunt or not, Blaise remains one of most interesting characters in this story.

6. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah, like I said I like that he is succesful, it's good to see a main character that is not all knowing and the fact that Blaise gets away with what he does makes it all the more interesting. I would also hope that Harry wouldn't murder a friend over something like that, would put him on the psycho scale.

Don't read too much into the cunt, it was a play on previous posts, nothing serious.

7. Reptile3607

Reptile3607 Third Year

I just... couldn't get into it.
    The exposition is rushed, the duels are clunky and boring and the entire story is just... annoying.
    I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way. The only bright spot is Blaise, oddly.
    I particularly hated Draco, since every single scene he's in is only for the purpose of making him even more of an asshole. He's a totally pointless character.

1/5

8. Knoq

Knoq Temporarily Banhammered

Go home Straya, your shitposting.

9. xvector

xvector Second Year

A wonderful fic. Reminds me of Ender's Game quite a bit, though that's not a bad thing.

Love the characters. Love how Harry is actually ambitious - so many fics have a Harry that's in Slytherin but ends up being meek and without ambition, and I can not describe how much I hate those fics - but the Harry in this fic is amazing.

The story was getting interesting there, towards the end. Blaise's actions make sense, to me - he is a very proud person that was just brushed aside.

The story does seem to be losing it's pace, though.

4/5 overall.

10. anonswimmer

anonswimmer Squib

The author actually meant to do that, IIRC. Especially the dialogue at the end of most chapters discussing the plan for Harry is reminiscent of Ender's Game, as well as the intentional meddling in Harry/Ender's relationships with other people. Even having Slytherin battle more than one house is mirroring a similar event in Ender's Game. It's no mystery.

Edit: Changed "Battle" to "battle".

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  11. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

New chapter was posted.

The author says he's going to release 3 more chapters, with two days apart between the release of each one, to make up for his absence.

12. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    The scene at the end with Fleur was intense. I translated the french, and she was saying something like, "I can't do it, he's only a child," repeatedly (might be a bit off, it's been a few hours). So I'm getting the sense that she'd been put up to seducing Harry for some reason, and backed out at the end.

13. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

I thought she just used her wonky veela powers inadvertently when she touched his scars. Like she felt his emotions tied to them.

14. dragovitch

dragovitch Disappeared

Huh, I thought that she had just let her veela powers get the best of her for a moment but if that french is accurate, your theory makes a ton more sense.

15. Stan

Stan Order Member

It definitely makes more sense than Fleur randomly deciding to help Harry. More in-character for her as well - I was afraid she had been written to be too nice in this story, one of the many reasons I dislike fanon Fleur.

Well, at least Harry got a blowjob from the whole farce, so he would take the win there. I kinda wish the author had followed through with the betrayal, whatever it was meant to be. Fleur could have been Harry's first kill - I don't think that has ever been done before.

Oh, and did Snape and Dumbledore know about it? Did they plan it perhaps, to show that Harry couldn't trust the treacherous tongues of pretty women, especially if they slip it on his cock? Or was it merely a Beuxbaton centric plot?

Someone sent Hermione a book regarding the casting of unforgivables? Snape? Someone looking to frame her? Someone hoping to lure her to the darkness or something? Or just making sure it reaches Harry's hands?

This story always makes me feel sorry for Tracey. She's probably the most moral person here and the one most loyal to Harry, hell may be the only one loyal to Harry. Yet, she gets nothing but heartbreak from it. I hope it doesn't lead to any betrayal from her part - she deserves better.

Also, what are the opinions of Hermione in this story? She is fairly OOC, whether for better or for worse. I liked her character at first, and still do, but the recent chapters remind me uncomfortably of Super!Hermione stories. Harry seems to be pining after Hermione, even if it isn't as blatant as the romance in HBP, while Hermione doesn't seem to be giving any fucks. Infact, she seems to be going out of her way to avoid Harry whereas Harry seems to be seeking her company desperately, making it seem like Harry needs Hermione whereas Hermione doesn't need him. Not good at all. I hope something takes happens to get Harry to take the upper hand against her soon, to get their relationship on a more equal level.

Really looking forward to the additional updates this week. This should be awesome.

16. Nazgoose

High Score:
    The two lines of french are:

Je ne peux pas. Je ne peux pas. Il est un enfant. Je ne peux pas…

which translates to
    and,

Non, non. Je ne le tomperai pas. Il est un enfant…

That one translated to,
    I added the bolded 'n' in 'enfant' there (I'm pretty sure it's what he meant), but I haven't found what 'tomperai' might be.

I agree that this being a plot makes a bit more sense than her just being a super nice person with no ulterior motives. However, Ferdiad's theory could partially work here, with her finding herself unable to go through with it after seeing his scars.

17. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

It's 'tromperai'.

Non non non, je ne le tromperai pas. Il est un enfant.

= No no no, I will not cheat on him. He's a kid.

Or = No no no, I will not deceive him. He's a kid.

tromper in this case can mean 2 things : 1) deceive/lie, 2) cheat on someone, be unfaithful.

source : I'm fr.

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I think it's far more likely that she's talking about deceit here, since from their first encounter she's been playing him.

19. Nazgoose

High Score:
    Glad to have someone who knows what they're talking about clear it up! French is not a language I know, so I just used google translate for mine.

That does make sense though, and fits in with the scars being the thing that breaks her composure. She feels them, is reminded of how young he is and how much he's gone through, and can't go through with whatever master plan she had anymore.

20. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

As he said, here's a new chapter.

I'm intrigued what Hermione hopes to accomplish with her act at the end of the chapter. I mean, what possible advantage can she gain from it?