1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How far does Intellectus go?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dnar Semaj, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Naagloshi have limited Intellectus.

Mab would wipe the floor with any upstart human that tried to fight her with just a Sanctum Invocation at his back.

2. Portus

Portus Heir

That numbnuts is on my Ignore List just in case no one gets around to banning him. Fucking moron.

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Last time I respond to this because you clearly have already made up your mind and such paltry things as reality or facts aren't going to dissuade you.

Demonreach made a choice to perform an action based on information provided by Dresden. If Demonreach didn't want the things gone, nothing would have happened. Dresden has no direct control over it. He can request things happen, but he cannot control them.

Shagnasty is pathetic compared to Mab. He's nothing, barely worth noticing, and certainly not a threat on his own. Mab is, quite literally, the embodiment of the concept of Winter. There aren't a whole lot of beings anywhere near her equal. Dragons, Titania, the entirety of the White Council, or Red and White Courts, etc. That's the weight class she's in. Shagnasty got run off by a single old man, and almost got himself killed by Dresden. Compared to mortals, he's a beast and a nightmare to fight, but to Mab he's insignificant.

Finally, it doesn't matter if Lash can block parts of his mind. Mab owns his ass. It's not a matter of "portions of the brain" or anything else. Dresden belongs to Mab now. It comes with being the Winter Knight, he's literally bound to her will.

4. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Because I'm that nice: I even fixed your post from looking like an abomination of the English language.

Where to start? You remind me of the 6-year old on the playground who insists his father is Batman. Everyone knows it isn't true, and yet the stupid kid continues to say it. You know why? Because the kid thinks it's awesome and wants it to be true. That is the case here. You stubbornly continue to say that Harry can beat the shit out of Mab, despite empirical evidence that that is bullshit. You, sir, have been reading too many :stained fanfictions where Harry just up wins at life and goes off to fuck his 80 wives.

Where the fuck did all of Dresdens new powers come from? Dresden is a very good practitioner but that wouldn't stop Mab from bitch slapping him with a 100 pound icicle. What's stopping Mab from killing Dresden is not her inability to kill Dresden but her want of his services. She needs him to perform a service for her that she does not want to do herself. She could and will (try to) kill Dresden when she doesn't need him anymore or if he crosses the line between 'annoying but worth it' and 'OK, that fucker is dying now'.

As for the Skinwalkers intellectus, it does not apply to everything. You get intellectus over your domain, or skill, or whatever it is that you have been doing for thousands of years. The Skinwalkers domain is not all of the mortal world. The Skinwalkers skill is torturing people. He instantly knows that kicking Dresden in the balls at _____ moment would hurt him the most. He does not instantly know where Dresden is and how to defeat him, or get past the defenses on his home.

His intellectus does not control the island. He gets access to the information about it but if Dresden asked Demonreach to do something Demonreach didn't want to do, the island would just tell him to fuck off, probably via all the animals trying to kill him. The only reason Demonreach killed those spiders is because it didn't like them.

My advice to you is to lurk some, get a grip on that shitty grammar, and go read the Dresden books again. You are welcome to DLP as long as you don't say anything mindbogglingly stupid. I know you probably think we are all ganging up on you and making fun of you but what DLP is doing is jumping on what they see as an amazingly stupid person clogging up the threads - not a difference of opinions. You are totally allowed to have an opinion, it just has to be legitimate. You had some good ideas, you just need to refine them and make them prettier and easier to read. Until then though, stay the fuck away from this thread.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  5. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So much this. ^

I haven't read the rest of your post, but I really just wanted to emphasize how much I think this is the case, and wish I'd managed to think of an example as good as you did. Off to read the rest of your post now. :p

6. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

Just wanted to add to this, that inHindu philosophy there is the concept of Brahman, the formless supreme, universal spirit that is the origin and basis of the Universe. In certain strains of Hindu belief all of the gods (devas) including, Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma are just personal aspects of Brahman.

As klackerz said though, the more common approach is for a sect to identify their chosen god with Brahman, rather than saying Brahman is more or greater than all of the gods.

To (at least attempt anyway) to bring this back to the thread, you could very easily argue that the White God is the ultimate god of Hinduism as well as the Abrahamic religons. There's quite a bit of evidence that suggests that early Christianity was influenced strongly by Hindu though; both the New Testament books and especially some of the writings of early Christian thinkers show this.