1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP Fanfic cliche rant thread v5.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Lord Rostam, Apr 5, 2006.

Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I hate the "Harry was actually very smart so smart thhat he ccould read shakespere (SP?) by the age of three and understand all the underlying messages and hidden meanings." When I was three I was babling three year old nonsense to other three year olds.

2. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

When have you seen that? Apart form Prodigy, I don't think I've ever seen a fic where they try to make a three year old genius Harry(and even in that one I think he was older). And to be honest, I don't remember for the life of me what I was like at three. However, considering a lot of schools start to teach reading and writing at four, ones intellectual capacity increases fairly quickly at that young of an age. The youngest I have seen a smart Harry is 6 or 7 and that seems entirely realistic to me. I know at my school we were learning basic math, could read normally and had the ability to have discussions like normal people at that stage.

3. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I think he was exagurating the age. Most likely he's refering to Harry becoming super smart at a young age.

Cliche I have come to hate is the Friends-who-spy-on-Harry as a betrayal. Damn it!! There are worse things than telling a senile old fart what you are doing.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Even still, that's just the start of the betrayal. Soon they'll be stealing his cloak and map. (Snorts)

Edit: Oh, and we can't forget the hot wild kinky bum sex they are having in broom closets behind his back.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not open for further replies.