1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hp/Naruto Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by RottedKarma, Dec 19, 2017.

1. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    Specifically one where Harry is raised in Konoha as a ninja. The best one I've read is A Personal Matter by Orodruin (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3777014/1/A-Personal-Matter).

On a side note, it's a pet peeve of mine when a wizard can match a trained shinobi in combat. Magic and chakra may be relatively equal, but it just seems like shinobi should be miles ahead combat-wise.

Also, I'm willing to read any decent Hp/Naruto crossover, hence the general title.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

Here's Uchiha Fukurou by ToBetasered: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7145519/1/Uchiha-Fukurou

It's been a while since I read it but from what I remember Harry is reborn in the Naruto world, in the body of a Uchiha cousin of Itachi, Sasuke etc. he still has his memories of the HP world and an extensive knowledge of magic that used with ninja theories proves to be very effictive. Harry/Fukurou is pretty OP in this fic but it still is an enjoyable read, the author is not afraid to change events due to Harry's presence. Sadly it seems to be abandonned but I still think it's worth a try.

3. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    I agree, awesome story, but it's a shame it's abandoned. Sasuke's POV was particularly amusing to read.
    ~Thanks for the recommendation.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

5. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
    It's not that cut and dry. While most shinobi can handle wizards, they won't be able to handle the best like Dumbledore or Voldemort. If you look at Gaara, his fighting style his him just standing there while making flashy shapes with his Sand. You can't tell me you don't see Dumbledore or Voldemort ripping their way through most shinobi.

That, and wizards can teleport. The Yondaime destroyed armies with just teleportation. Combine that with the fact that wizards don't need to rely on kunai, they can be pretty lethal if they plan out how to fight a ninja

6. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    Fair enough, I was thinking more of an average wizard against, say, a jounin. If it was an Auror, who was trained in combat, against a shinobi, it might be different. I can see how the flexibility of magic in combat can be a serious threat against a ninja, who can't spout jutsu like a wizard can spam spells. On the teleportation point, I feel that the average wizard wouldn't integrate apparation into a battle as well as a shinobi would with the shunshin.

There's also this one story where 3rd year Neville manages to stun Kakashi. That's kind of what I was thinking of at the moment.

That's assuming the wizards have foreknowledge of a ninja's abilities. To make it equal, we can assume that either they both have basic knowledge of the opponent's abilities, or both sides are going in blind.

7. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
    I'll agree with you on the whole 3rd year Neville/Kakashi plot. But, I think a trained battalion off Aurors could do well against a shinobi, if they prepare for their encounter, and avoid a pitched battle.

Gratuitous use of the Imperius, with consistent shield charms, and spam area affect spells. Maybe if you have those good at transfiguration, throw some transfigured animals in there too.

8. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure a battalion of Aurors would shred a single shinobi.

Also, the ninja will know enough to not get hit by the lights the wizards are spewing out. The wizards can't exactly just spam harmful spells in the midst of combat for fear of hitting an ally. We're assuming the shinobi are decently trained, and maybe we'll even throw in the adult Ino-Shika-Cho trio.

Like those that would damage the wizarding side as well? It's not like the two sides are going to be standing a good distance away from each other, just chucking spells and jutsu and kunai at each other. There is also genjutsu that targets an area, except that the shinobi side could use it in a plan (if wizards get to plan ahead, so do shinobi) and would therefore recognize it in the battle.

Another thing would be genjutsu that target people in their heads, but I don't believe wizards even have chakra. Not too sure about this one.

Also, Aurors using Imperio? Even if they did, ninja specifically undergo mental training for things like this, and I inferred that the Imperio's power is determined by how much the user wants to control the subject. Kind of like all that 'you have to mean it' shit Bellatrix was spouting about the Cruciatus, which is also an Unforgivable.

Sorry for the rambling.

9. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
    I think universal colored spells are movie thing. There are plenty of spells which don't seem to necessarily use aim or visible movement. For example, transfiguration.

Transfiguration is entirely conceptual. You visualize the change and make it happen. The best, like Dumbledore and McGonagall, only need a flick of the wand. Even Fred, in HBP, transforms the knife Ron throws at him into a paper airplane effortlessly. Human transfiguration, without consent, is ethically wrong in canon. But, in a war fighting shinobi, why not transfigure your opponent? They can't see it coming, they can't stop it, and they're certainly panicked because they've never experienced it before.

There's not a whole lot of evidence in Naruto canon to support resistance to mind control. Add to the fact that the imperius isn't based off of a system, but rather a concept (at least, in my headcanon). Imperio works because, you want to control the victim, and magic just makes it happen. Additionally, canon evidence supports that Imperio doesn't quite need the passion that the Cruciatus and the Avada Kedavra need. In the Gringotts' break-in, Harry uses the Imperius with ease, and without passionate motivation. But, you are correct that it's not necessarily the right maneuver in the heat of battle.

The Imperius is probably best used for infiltration. Capture two, kill one, control the second. Polyjuice yourself as the first. Use the second to sneak into camp. Use unknown poisons/potions like the Draught of Living Death to poison an entire camp.

Wizards have a far more versatile and simply better magic system than Naruto. They don't have a "set" amount of magic, aren't limited to handsigns, elements, or manipulation of raw magic, and can just flat out do more. The real advantage shinobi have is physical prowess/ability and training. But with aurors, time, and planning, that can be negated.

10. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    I'm mildly curious as to why your font randomly changed there.

Also, on the topic of human transfiguration, it's considered extremely difficult to learn, and since Aurors probably won't come across a situation in their job where they need to transfigure a human, they won't be super fluent with it.

I'm sure an Auror would be skilled enough to perform it, they just won't be proficient enough for it to turn the tide of battle. I mean sure, they could use it to take down a select couple people, but the ninja aren't just going to stay still, and stay clumped in a group as an easy target. It takes concentration, and in that moment of concentration, the ninja will just be gone.

Ninja just move faster. They react faster. They've been trained to move and react from a very young age. A couple months won't be enough for an auror to catch up. And now you're making it out to be like they've known about ninja for a long time and are now specifically training to combat them. Everything stated previously was under the assumption that it was an impromptu battle with both sides knowing roughly what the other can do.

And what about the 'major' clans? The Yamanaka can make the wizards fight each other, and communicate information with other ninja. I'm sure that would cause some confusion. Get a couple of Nara and just stop half the opposing force from moving. Even if it's just for a few seconds, it would be plenty of time for a to kill off a couple wizards.

Since this battle doesn't have a set place in the timeline, we can also take into account the Uchiha. Genjutsu, fire techniques, izanami and izanagi, and they're just all-round amazing ninja. Shisui could probably just mind-fuck them all over with his Kotoamatsukami since this is a pull-out-all-the-stops battle (though he's really pushing the bounds of above-average jounin). He probably wouldn't be getting hit with many spells either with his shunshin speed.

And since this is apparently a planned-for encounter, why don't the ninja make it an ambush? Are you going to tell me that the ninja can't be stealthy and will be noticed? And with their speed, the spells you mentioned most of the time won't even land. It's not like the ninja are going to be moving in one group.

Tl;dr: human transfiguration is only a handy tool, it certainly won't win the battle. Ninja are faster and the won't stay still. The physical difference between the two groups can't be made up for that quickly and ninja could be training and studying to combat wizards in that time as well.

The Yamanaka and Nara pose a threat, the Uchiha a bigger threat, and Shisui has the capabilities to just destroy them. Also, they could overtake wizards in one big swoop in an ambush.

Finally, as stated in my very first post, yes magic is the more flexible of the two powers, but ninja can better use it with their speed and physical prowess, understanding of the best way to kill, and ability to just fight smarter.

Did I mention that ninja are faster? All the variety of spells in the world won't make a difference if none of them hit.

11. Xarlor

Xarlor Second Year

Yes Ninja are faster and would likely win a direct confrontation, but the Hp Magic is more an out of context problem for the ninja. For example can they bet Muggle repelling wards or notice me not? Those are designed to work against people without magic. Ninja have no magic. If those wards work against ninjas they have a massive problem.

The is the question how the conceptual magic interacts with ninja. Can the shields of wizards be broken? What about things enchanted to be unbreakable? It really depends on how you use the two settings here. Most ninja on screen like the known Jonins are quite strong and fast but what can the average shinobi do? Did the Anbu ever do anything other then dying on screen? What about the seals would they protect Konoha against Apparation? If not teleport in Fiendfire would do alot damage without anything they can do against it.

So while the avarage shinobi is a lot faster he is far less versatile. And this combined with all the ridicilous things magic can do would give the advantage in my opinion to the wizards. I mean if they all fly in the air on brooms high above the village what can the ninjas do? How many of them can fly (like the Tsuchikage, Sasuke on his bird and Sai?)? Of course there are a few ridiculous outliners who are practicaly god, but the average ninja could do nothing here.

Of course if you set them against a plot armor uchiha with the eyes of i can do whatever the situation is different, but it really depends here how and where they fight, simply because harry potter magic can do so many different things.

For your mindcontrol on the ninja side you hade Shisuis Eye which can be used at full power what one time per year? And the Yamanaka, but those need line of sight and are always only able to control one person at a time while they are immobile. The Imperius has no such restrictions. And could Ninjas even resist it at all? They have no magic and as far as I now no muggle ever managed that.

And the Naras can be quite easily disabled by a simple lumos or different light source. Remember wizard can do shadow less light sources. Also alot of their spells are not colered beams that the eye can see so dodging is far less easy.

Of course in a straight ambush most wizards will die, but how many can simply teleport away? Could you even ambush or sneak up on a group searching for you with magic?

So in the end it really comes down to how those two universes interact, because while ninjas are faster and stronger Hp magic can just do way to much conceptual things to be easily beaten by such things. Of course if you say because ninja have chakra they can resist all those nice magical effects wizards are propably out of luck but could still deal enormous damage. But if the magic sees them as muggles they are flat out of luck. Because all the speed in the world and knowing how to kill will not help you if your mind refuses to tell you that the wizards are here.

12. Tempest

Tempest Third Year

High Score:
    Aren't those fanon things, or heavily based on fanon? I'm not sure, but doing those kind of magic is surely not as easy as casting Accio

I can't quote anything, but if they are not breakable, then what's the point of learning any Shield spell other than the basic one? And I refuse to believe that not everybody would ignore the obvious advantages of enchanting things to be unbreakable permanently, even if most wizards are as imaginative as bugs.

Average jonin has at least basic knowledge of most shinobi arts like Taijutsu, Genjutsu and Ninjutsu. And most (if not all) of jonins are capable of using jutsus of at least two different chakra types. Not to mention the analyzing skills and years of fighting experience.

There are seals capable of dealing with it. If one can not use those, then have your Earth chakra users to raise walls around the are.

Wizards don't have an air force. The scene in the Deathly Hallows is a case of relentless chasers vs desparate fleeing ones. And if wizards flew high enough to avoid ninjutsu safely, hte could not aim their spells correctly.

When you think of Nara and Yamanaka, your mind goes to Kagemane and Shintenshin, but there are more techniques than that. Kage Shibari no Jutsu and Shinranshin no Jutsu come to mind. And I'm sure there are a lot more than we saw in the anime or manga; these clans dedicated hundreds of years to these kinds of stuff after all.

Imperius is not an easy thing. And it's not failproof as far as I know. Besides, resistance training against mind control/reading is a thing in Naruto, if I remeber correctly. Wasn't there a chapter in which Inoichi had trouble against a captured ninja's mental walls during interrogation?

Again, apparition is not an easy thing. Not everybody can do it, and even of all that can do it, not all of them are good enough to do it with minimal effort. You risk losing your body parts, or worst your life, if you use this ability without focusing. Escaping from an ambush via apparition is certainly possible, but at what cost?

Again, small-scale warding against muggles is most likely fanon. Even if it weren't, well, ninjas have similar advantages via genjutsu and experience in hiding.

In the end, I think you let your imagination go wild when it comes to wizards, but do the opposite when it comes to ninjas.

Ninja's are not just about speed and muscle. They are trained to be in combat situations since they are kids. Before most wizards manage to learn Stupefy or Protego, most ninjas already perfected throwing shurikens and kunais. Also, most if not all spells need line of sight, so they have the same disadvantages that you mentioned Yamanaka's have.

I think it's pretty clear I'm on shinobi's side when it comes to Ninjas vs Wizards. Not because of the mechanics of their respective powers, but their mindsets. Your average wizard is probably less skilled at analyzing a battle situation than the worst jonin. Wizards are not used to fighting, generally speaking. There are those who specialize in combat, like Aurors, but most of them are your everyday muggle + magic, at least that's the impression I got. It's a peaceful culture there, at least compared to the Naruto world.

EDIT: ^^ This.

13. Xarlor

Xarlor Second Year

Those are in Fact canon things. See Platform 9 3/4 cannot be seen by muggles, the stadium of the world cup cannot be found by muggles and hogwarts is seen as a ruin with a shield warning of collaps danger. Then you have Diagon Ally and the Ministry of Magic, the Dragon reservats and alot of other things that have never been found by muggles despite all the satelite imaging that allready existed back then.

The thing I mean here in Harry Potter those shields are broken by Spells that are designed to either break them or by pass them can you break them with physical force or elemental force the things that most ninja use? Remember wizards have things like flame freezing spells with which they can walk through fire and similar things.

To the unbreakable, there is a charm that makes things unbreakable if cast on it permanent. It was never used in canon because of reasons tm or something.

There are in fact absolutly no seals in canon Naruto to deal with teleportation. Remember Obito could teleport in the middle of the heavily defended hideout in which the fourth hokage and his wife were and gave birth. There was no seal stopping him. There are actually no defensive seals in structures mentioned at all in canon that I remember correct me if I am wrong, nor any way to stop teleportation. And even if there were one why should it stop a teleportation working on completly different mechanism than those used in the Naruto world? And normal earth walls would most likely not stop fiendfire and even if they could that doesn't change the fact that if your opponent can teleport whatever in your village and you can't that is a disadvantage.

Even if the whole aurorcorps does not have brooms, that is not the point here and also not that they would have problems aiming. There are many ways in hp to fly and any would do. You don't have to snipe people or hit anything specific, as long as you hit something in the village and do damage and they can't stop form burning the village down.

Again in Canon there is never a mention of mental resitance training or something of the kind shown in canon. The ninja you are thinking of is the rain ninja that jiraya cought before he died. And it was in fact not a mental resistance through training but some kind of defense that protected the memories and those alone. And this defense also originated from Nagatos Rinnengan. So again even if this would supplement the will of the ninja why should it work against a different kind of mindcontrol mechanic, that no one in Naruto has heard of. The Yamanaka after all are infamous.

An yes imperious is not an easy thing, but harry managed to cast it succefully in Gringots with no training to do it. It is stated in hp canon that it was a massiv problem in the first war since they had no way of telling who was under that curse and who not but it were a lot of people.

The other jutus you mentioned here have the same limitation as the others, they are still line of sight and the use can't move. Which is way worse than a proper imperius. Of course imperius is not fail prof, but who exept harry ever resisted that spell in canon? An the main thing I mean here they can give orders per imperius and then do not need line of sight to keep up the compultion.

Small scale warding is canon. There are muggle repelling charms. In book seven they cast those each day around their tent. I wouldn't say I let my imagination go wild in favour for wizards. All those facts and spells are in fact canon.
    I might be in the favour of wizards here but most of their spells are designed as to do x against people with no magic and ninjas have no magic they have chakra. Charka it self is awsome don't get me wrong.
    It is just the fact that the basic chakra manipulation and elemental ninjutus are simply far less versatily than what magic can do. Of course people like Naruto I am a god now Uzumaki and Sasuke Kishimoto loves me Uchiha are gonna stomp the whole world with what it is shown that they can do. But the average ninja can do far less. With them the situation is different. Yes ninja have the better mindset about killing and fighting and will likely win straight up fights. They also have more expirence fighting, but against other ninjas. And if you think a little bit about what is shown about Harry Potter magic in canon there is just so much they would have no way of countering.

I am not saying they would win or stomp all over the ninjas, since the ministerium of magic never managed to achieve anything ever. But even if things like muggle repelling charms and wards would for some reason not work against ninjas, they would still face a force that is capable of at least three different forms of long range teleportation which they cannot counter, which makes most of their advantages in straight up fight a moot point. Which would make any real war between those two factions really messy.

And another thing is most wizard don't actually need to fight since they tend to simply erase or change the memories of all non wizards who know of them. So in my opinion it is far more complicated than saying things like yeah ninja are faster or have a better fighting mindset, since magic has so many ways of turning those things irrelevant.

14. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The biggest issue here is speed and superhuman strength/durability.

Chuunin or above completely outclass most wizards. Dumbledore/Voldemort might be able to take out a weaker jounin.

The issue is that Wizards are still human as it relates to speed/reflexes/reaction time. Shinobi aren't. I just don't see how wizards can keep up with the speed of shinobi.

The spells are pointless if they cannot even react in time.

I'd also argue that stategically/tactically Shinobi are leagues ahead of wizards.

15. Tempest

Tempest Third Year

High Score:
    @Xarlor

I don't really have time to get into this debate right now, but I think you misunderstood me at some places, so I'll just add a couple things. (Maybe I'll edit this later.)

I mentioned the seal thing for the Fiendfire. Jiraiya used a scroll to seal Amaterasu flames.

And I think ninjas are used to dealing with fire.

Advanced ones do no limit one's movements. Also, the basic Nara jutsu user is able to move (see Shikamaru vs. Kin)

There are techniques capable of min/body controlling that don't belong to the Yamanaka's

What? They are used to dealing with all kinds of people: civilians, samurais, enemy ninjas, hired bodyguards... Ninjas are used to fighting without knowing their opponent's all tricks. I don't think they would have a hard time adjusting their strategies against wizards. I can't say the same for the wizard population.

EDIT: You also have to consider summoning animals, nature chakra, bloodlines...

16. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Naruto Ninjas as the series progressed rose in power more and more.
    I prefer to think on them in the terms of the first part.
    Regarding Wizards, we don't see much.
    Did we see something I would call: War Wizards.
    Wizards that are raised for war only?
    In canon Voldemort was attributed with various superhuman abilities (IIRC)
    If not, it is still depend on author fiat.

17. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    No, we didn't. But that's like me saying, 'Did we see ninja raised specifically to fight against the possibility of magic only?' This comparison is based on what we can put together with the information we have from canon.