1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP or Naruto Crossovers with Warcraft universe.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Trooper, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

So yeah, like the title says, I'm looking for either HP/Warcraft or Naruto/Warcraft crossover fics. All three mixed up are fine as well.
    My only requirements are that 1) Harry or Naruto be central characters. 2) Fics should take into consideration as much of canon as possible. So for example a Naruto/Warcraft crossover from 2007 would be slightly boring to read.
    The stories don't have to be good either. Just looking for readable reccs.

This fic kinda made me want to read some of that stuff

Thanks in advance guys. ;):D

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I only really know of one Naruto Warcraft fic and if you are looking into that niche, you might have already read it. It fits most of your criteria, having Naruto as a central character and not being necessarily all that good but still readable.

That said, last time I've read it was years ago, so, might not hold up all that well but still. And yeah, unfortunately, it is from 2007 and before, so, not all that up to date on the late Naruto stuff but honestly, with the quality of canon going rapidly downhill since 2009 or so, bullet dodged, I'd say.

The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto: A beginning by General Grievous

Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure - Naruto U. - Chapters: 62 - Words: 591,928 - Reviews: 2,935 - Favs: 1,751 - Follows: 779 - Updated: Jan 31, 2007 - Published: Apr 12, 2005 - Status: Complete - id: 2348553

As it says in the summary, it also has a sequel. Think together they should clock around 800k words, so, if you find some enjoyment in this, you will have something to occupy you for a few days.

4. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

Everytime I see someone reccomend The Legend of Naruto Uzumaki I want to smack someone, the story shits all over Warcraft canon and should be avoided by any fan of the setting. The same can be said for most Naruto or Harry Potter/Warcraft crossovers though.

The only one I can reccomend is that old Harry Potter/WC3 crossover, where he gets abducted by the blackrock orcs present at the begining of WC3. It does not shit all over the WC setting atleast. It is not the best of stories though, just a friendly warning. It has not been updated since 2011 though.

Black Rock and Roll Harry is swept through space and time to Lorderon near the beginning of the invasion of the burning legion and the rise of the Scourge. He’s on his own with no allies or friends, just himself and the will to survive his new world. NopairingsCrossover - Harry Potter & Warcraft - Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 10 - Words: 35,365 - Reviews: 411 - Favs: 827 - Follows: 944 - Updated: Apr 21, 2011 - Published: Oct 23, 2006 - Harry P.

5. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Lol, only readable one I remember is from years ago.

Not Home Anymore by DeExil
    AU While returning from his training with Jiraiya, Naruto encounters Itachi who makes a jutsu with the intent to immobilize the boy but does a couple of hand signs wrong and sends Naruto in another world. -NarutoxWorldofWarcraft crossover- -NaruxOCxOC-
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Romance - Naruto U. - Chapters: 26 - Words: 211,021 - Reviews: 894 - Favs: 1,053 - Follows: 696 - Updated: Feb 8, 2009 - Published: Sep 13, 2007 - Status: Complete - id: 3782036

So yeah, obviously from '09, so it's not up to date on canon and I read it so long ago, I only remember it being readable.

6. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

It just had to start out like this. :(
    Always with these descriptions, they could at least work them into actions.

i.e. He ran his hands through his messy blond hair.

As they crouched in grass, Naruto fiddled with the pouch on his left leg.

etc.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  7. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The word Gaki annoys me much more than the rest of that horrible paragraph, for some reason.

8. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

It's the "Pup" of the naruto fandom.

9. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm two minds about that: In the Narutoverse japanes honorifics are okey for me. Lord Hokage just makes my skin crawl. So those are okey for me. Gaki is the middle of the road either use it exclusively or not but mixing it looks stupid. On the other hand translating random words and phrases (for example: Shikamarus troublesome) makes me want to click the big red x.

Pup - meh, I usually don't mind if it's not overused(maybe as a joke). I hate Cub more...

10. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Pfffffffft

11. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My rule of thumb for japanese words in Naruto fanfiction goes something like this:

if there is a fitting English word for it, use that. Gaki, arigato, teme etc have that, suffixes like sama, san and whatever don't.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Two words

That Look.

Aka That Gaki.