1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Hunter by UnwelcomeStorm - M - Worm/Bloodborne

Discussion in 'Worm' started by Xarlor, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Xarlor

Xarlor Second Year

Title: [Hunter]
    Author: [UnwelcomeStorm]
    Rating: [M]
    Genre: [Horror]
    Fandom: [Worm/Bloodborne]
    Pairings: [-]
    Summary: [Taylor triggers with the abilities of the Good Hunter. She visits the Hunter's Dream and Yharnam whenever she falls asleep, and as the events of Bloodborne play out, their effects bleed over into Brockton Bay.]
    Link: [https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/hunter-worm-bloodborne.363802/#post-19662862]

The first thing to know about this story is that it is told from four different perspectives. They are Taylor, PRT, Sophia and Brockton Bay. When I first saw this story, I was quite sceptical if this way to tell the story would work and was pleasantly suprised. Each viewpoint shows an unique aspect of what exactly is happening in Brockton Bay. Taylor mainly deals with her personal problems and what it actually means to visit the Hunter's Dream and Yharnam. The PTR deals with their usual problems of gang violence and new trigger, until they slowly see the effect of the corruption. Sophias perspective shows her watching Taylor and the changes she brings. While Brockton Bay tells about important events that occur within the city. They are not chronological indexed, meaning that the PTR perspective might tell of something that will happen in one or two Taylor snippets. But that in itself is in most cases no problem, since what one perspective thinks has happened is not always true. And the Index contains a timeline of the individual snippets to avoid confusion.

The great thing about the story is how good it manages to catch the atmosphere and uncertainty of bloodborne. There is no magical information about anything for the characters, so no one is actually sure what is happening and why. The characters are also quite well written and the responses from the PTR seem to be realistic.

All in all I would give this an 5/5

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. goldenwolfeye

goldenwolfeye Seventh Year

Just read through everything in one sitting. Jesus Christ this was fucking good.

5/5

3. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Absolutely brilliant.

I've never played the game so some parts were a little awkward for me to understand, but outside of that it was pretty smooth.

Also having every omake ever written be thread marked was a pain in the ass.

4. CurseOfImmortality

CurseOfImmortality Squib

High Score:
    I'm honestly really surprised that this hasn't made it to the library yet or gotten any reviews. I haven't been on the Worm Fanfiction trend for a while but this is easily one of the best Worm I've ever seen. Dark but really good characterizations...5/5, even though I barely know anything about Bloodbourne other than what I can Wiki up. Someone important take notice!

5. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Easily the best Bloodborne story out there, and the best Worm story I've read in a couple of years. 5/5, easily.

6. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

It's pretty good but the length of the early chapters, and even still the later ones, are pretty short. I don't really follow the Bloodborne sections all too much and I think it would be much easier to follow if you know Bloodborne.

4/5 imo. Main problem is the short length of some chapters.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just read the whole thing. I’m pretty impressed. I’m rooting for Taylor even as the story slides into a Cosmic Horror ending.

Taylor’s chapters being a few chapters behind the others was annoying because I didn’t care about the past, I wanted Taylor to catch up, but even that was overshadowed by my confusion and irritation over the crossover. More specifically, that I didn’t understand the importance of several things and why the SB thread was going “OHHHHH SHIIIIT!!!” after every chapter. Honestly, I wasn’t so confused I was taken out of the story, but I wish I could share in the excitement.

4/5.

8. CurseOfImmortality

CurseOfImmortality Squib

High Score:
    There's been a bunch of updates since the last posting of this topic on the forum, just to catch people up. But also, there are a lot of other Worm Fics by said author that are worth posting here and a funny crack-fic crossover worth putting up.

9. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Not... really. The last main update for this fic is still October of last year, though you did raise my hopes for a moment there.