1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot I and I Alone - T - Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 - HP/War of the Worlds

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Download, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: I and I Alone
    Author: Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2
    Rating: T
    Genre: Crossover, Scifi
    Library Category: Alternates
    Summary:
    FF.net

An interesting oneshot I stumbled across.

I'm not sure it should be in the library. Don't get me wrong, I'd give it a 4/5 for the interesting concept, but I'm not sure a 2k words story should be in the library.

2. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Very interesting idea, although the execution comes across rushed to me. More a snippet than a story really. And while an interesting AU take that fuses many stories together (War of the Worlds, Genies), it's just that. It doesn't really offer anything more, nor can it be called a character piece of Dumbledore as he sounds more like a generic narrator than Dumbledore himself. It lacks character.

3/5.

3. Lord Murtaza

Lord Murtaza First Year

Holy Deus Ex Machina Batman!

This Fic is written from the perspective of Albus Dumbledore, which was an endeavor doomed from the very start. So very few people ever get this character right, that an attempt at a one-shot explaining a man as complex as AD's motivation, is laughable.

The writing sounds nothing like Dumbledore and reads like a twelve year old's attempt at creative writing. The plot is a mismatch of War of the Worlds, Alladin and Fictional History (Rasputin??) that had me scratching my head in confusion at times.

Don't waste your time over this.

Silly, vapid and most definitely not deserving a space in the library.

1/5.

4. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Cauterize is only 1.6k words long and obviously it's in the library. In fact, according toScryer there are quite a few stories in the library with less than 2k words.

5. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Fun. nothing like cauterize, but it did a good job of communicating the concept without wrecking itself. But I'll never read it again.
    3/5

6. Nim

Nim Second Year

Interesting because it seems to be building up to something, but never comes to fruition. A waste of an interesting idea. 2/5.

7. moonpotato

moonpotato First Year

This is definitely an interesting idea, and it's not too badly written, so it's got that going for it.

I found it had too many WTFs to make it very enjoyable. HP + War of the Worlds? Ok. Then there's Wizard-Kings, genies, Rasputin, and more. Things just keep coming from seemingly nowhere, none explored in much detail at all.

2/5, not library material.

8. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I really liked it -- it's certainly creative. But it feels more like the intro to a story rather than a story itself. 4/5 but I won't rate the thread since I don't consider long summaries fics.

9. AmishGoat

AmishGoat Guest

I enjoyed it quite a bit. 4/5 I think - because while the tone I think fits well, it doesn't quite fit Dumbledore. Would like something longer, but I'm not sure that'd be easily doable given the premise. Barely library quality I think, but I think it just squeaks in.