1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

I just Started in Photoshop Yesterday. Tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Arbiter, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Gimp is alright for a photo editing program. You can do about the same things you can with Photoshop, its just not as streamlined. I started out in GIMP when I was younger, and then moved into photoshop.

There are at on of tutorials on Deviantart if you want to teach yourself how to do things in Photoshop. Signature making tutorials are everywhere as well, as well as lighting techniques, filtering, etc.

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

I just started combining Renders and Backgrounds. Then messed around with lighting. I read some Tutorials on stuff that interests me.
    (Googling "Photoshop adding Mist/Fog" and Stuff like that)

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Image quality is better, sure, but its still kind of terrible. Aside from your text, it kind of looks like you made the entire thing in Paint. Couple decent looking examples to reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd say dig around Deviant Art for tutorials, or even better... go join [http://www.animerender.com]Animerender....[/url] They're pretty awesome as far as brushes, tutorials, stocks, renders, and a bajillion other resources, and really, an awesome community.