1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

I spotted this (though probebly not the first) on how Harry/Ginny became cannon.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rowena.G.H.Slytherin, May 24, 2008.

1. Rowena.G.H.Slytherin

Rowena.G.H.Slytherin Backtraced

I spotted this when I was going over some HP books and I was astounded...I hated Harry/Ginny eversince I first saw Ginny's charector in the first book...I HATE whingy little wanna-be fangirls like her. For full Anti-Ginny Rant Part 1 Please visit: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=202730#post202730

Ok now I belive Harry/Ginny was LOVE POTION INDUCED Going over my HP books I realised this part:

PRISINOR OF AZKABAN: They headed down to breakfast, where Mr Weasley was reading the front page of the Daily Prophet with a furrowed brow and Mrs Weasley was telling Hermione and Ginny about a Love Potion she'd made as a young girl. All three of them were rather giggly.
    "Do take care, won't you, Harry?" she said as she straightened up, her eyes oddly bright.
    Then she opened her enormous handbag and said, "I've made you all sandwiches. Here you are, Ron... no, they're not corned beef... Fred? Where's Fred? Here you are, dear..."

Note the bit in red and pink...now making them ALL sandwich's (including Harry most-likely) is the perfect time to put love potion in....or if that did'nt happen then the chat was enough to give Ginny the idea....her eyes were Oddly Bright...Mrs Weasley could be hoping to have Harry as a nice rich grandson.

If you have read my previous rant can I ask who agrees with me? That Harry/Ginny is a farce and that Ginny is a gold-digging slut?

Ginny is looking for the Boy-Who-lived....not Harry...she wants a night in shining armour a boy hero weaved out of fairy tales. I'm guessing saving her in second year only fueled her opinion. Ginny wants a fairy tale hero...not Harry Potter.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    OMG YOU'RE RIGHT! Ginny must have given Harry a Love Potion! I've certainly never heard that idea before!

3. Humbolt

Humbolt Seventh Year

You do realize that your eyes get bright when you cry, right? You know, because all of her kids were going to be gone for the better part of a year.

Also, I'm assuming that both quotes were from PoA, wouldn't the love potion kick in immediatly, like it did with Ron in HBP, instead of waiting several years and then start working when Harry saw Dean kissing Ginny?

In other words, you're pulling at straws.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow, you're really going out of your way to hop on the bandwagon aint'ya?

I dislike Ginny's character as much as the next DLP'er, but please just shut the fuck up with the love potion shit. Yes it's a point thats been brought up a thousand times before so why bring it up again?

5. Rowena.G.H.Slytherin

Rowena.G.H.Slytherin Backtraced

*sigh* I just came across it and proposed the idea on actual things that happened in the books not at Harry's behavior:

Most people say its love-potion induced because of Harry's behavior I say it is because of the facts,dialogue AND behavior.

Im just putting a more logical P.O.V. on it.

That and I really needed to rant a little....I'm just in a bitchy mood...ignore me.

Oh there can be more then one type of love-potion...so far I have only heard of Amortentia being ILLEGAL and MOST STRONGEST. It would probebly have to be illegal and imported if it was used and would take a potions master to make.

Now Mrs Weasley was telling Ginny about one she'd made as a girl so its probebly simpler and would take a while to act in OR the love potion was NOT in the sandwich's at all but Ginny was going to use Mrs.Weasleys example (like in HBP) having had her own mother propose the possibility.I am also sure at one point in the books they learn about Love Potions from Snape but I forgot where.

Ok seriously IGNORE ME I'm far to b*tchy and rant-y today.

6. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

You say "ignore me" in a bright, huge font. Right...

7. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Please... Ban... Head.... Hurting

8. Methene

Methene Auror

Let me outline a simple strategy for your small, incapable mind. You have, by means unknown, determined that today you are bitchy and rant-y (you can write them out, you know, we're not your parents to wash out your mouth with soap). Since, you realize you will be making annoying posts and possibly set a bad reputation for yourself, in the future when you have stopped being bitchy and rant-y you will wish they disappeared.

As such, my suggestion is to stop posting until the "bitchy and rant-y" phase you are going through disappears.

See, nice and simple...

Another possible solution would be to go bitch and rant to your parents. They have brought you into the world, opening you to the cruel and savage things that have caused your bitching and ranting. Why is DLP to blame?

As concerns your revelation:

My god, you have opened my eyes. I have always hated Ginny and how she got her dirty little grubby hands on Harry. I just did not know why. I would like to thank Rowena G.H. Slytherin for the amazing revelation, and the logical, clear cut way she had proved it. She has given me new sense and purpose in life.[/end idiocy]

9. Humbolt

Humbolt Seventh Year

Hyppocritical much?

10. Pieman

Pieman Seventh Year

Jesus fucking Christ, you may be on the right track. Maybe it wasn't a love potion, but eggs. Eggs that hatch after a few years INTO A CHEST MONSTER! It all makes sense now!

11. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Actually, that would be quite funny ... at least as long as the chest monster jumps out of its closet the way it does in Alien I.

And that would be a really nice way to kill the op.

12. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

There are a great many threads on this exact subject around the forum. Also, please do not use large obnoxious text.

13. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Hey thunder thighs, get off the bandwagon. It's startin' to creak.

14. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

The smell of failure and attention-whoring is always strongest before the PEDO RAPE

15. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

<sarcasm> What an absolutely novel theory, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. </sarcasm>

You do understand that you don't have to post every single thing that pops into your head, right?

LURK MOAR

16. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Wtf? Tons of stories already have this stupid idea. Yes, we all think she probably did it. But CANON!Harry is a moron and wouldn't recognize its symptoms, much less know how to brew the stupid potion!

Also, work on your blasted grammar! Its HORRID! Write better please. Now GTFO.

17. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Heh, Harmonians. They don't just feel the need to write their ship, but to insist that it's canonical. I thought DH killed them off, though.

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh it's a bit late but I think this is still appropriate.

[​IMG]

19. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Fuck Yeah Powerpuff Girls

(okay, who disabled all-caps?)

20. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Generalizations are bad. There's nothing wrong with shipping H/Hr. This one could perhaps have dropped over from Portkey...