1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ignis Bellator

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by cold burn, Mar 16, 2010.

1. cold burn

cold burn Third Year

Title:Ignis Bellator
    Author: Mexicano27
    Category: Adventure/Romance
    Genre: AU
    Pairings: Naruto/Hinata
    Rating: Teen
    Summery: What would have happened if Naruto had argued against being put in Sasuke's team a little earlier and a little more fiercely? Iruka's decision of what to do will alter the very course of Konoha's history forever.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3697286/5/Ignis_Bellator

I almost didn't check this one out, mainly because it had Romance and Hinata as flags... which as we all know rarely ends well. However it instead has managed to impress me. The writing is good and not over the top in a way that reminds you that Kashimoto thinks we're five. In fact I would go so far as to say that this is one of the best fanfics(and the best Naruto fanfic) I've read since I realized that Tempered in Water would never be updated again.

This get's a five out five from me... but since I'm not sure if your allowed to vote on your recommendations I'll pass on the voting.

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Next time, try linking to the first chapter.

A few chapters in, every adult in the village is being a complete dick for no reason I can see. What the hell is up with this characterisation? I'll give it a few more chapters, but it's not looking good.

Edit: Gave up when the architect entered the picture and immediately started insulting what amounted to his bodyguards. This is worse than the usual everyone-hates-the-Kyuubi fics, because at least then there's a bloody reason.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. eetragt

eetragt Third Year

I definitely agree with your love for this story. It kept me interested, and since there are ~30 chapters and Hinata and Naruto aren't making sweet love yet, the pairing isn't bothering me. I will say that the dreams Hinata has are kind of unnecessary, at least for me. My only other gripe is I find myself just not caring about what Orochimaru is up to. All of the Sound/Axis parts seem like they just slow down the story. I care about the main characters, not the elaborate evil plans.

Overall, this is great. I am only willing to give it a 4/5 though, since the only things I consider 5/5's are things that I find no complaints with.

Tehan: I agree that the adults at the beginning were a little rough, but nothing worth stopping for. It get's better. And by architect, I assume you mean Tazuna, and he was an ass in the manga too. He constantly made fun of Naruto for no reason. That's canon.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010