1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned In A Galaxy Far Far Away by marietsy2 - SGA - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Shezza, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Title: In A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Author: marietsy2
    Rating: M
    Genre: The Alternates
    Pairing: None so far
    Words: 15,195
    Published: September 24, 2006

Status: Abandoned - Author warned that updates could be slow
    Summary: HPSGA Xover Harry and Ron investigate the hidden sections of Hogwarts and what they find will be beyond their imagination. What happens when the strongest Wizard in the Wizarding World gets transported across the Galaxy along with his plucky best friend?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3168949/1/

I've posted this story up because it's a HP/SG-A story that meets one of my challenges from long ago, although I'm sure the author has never seen it before. There's only one chapter so far, but it's at 10k words, so I though it was big enough to put up.

Basically, Harry and Ron get sucked through a secret Stargate underneath Hogwarts and into Atlantis. A lot of talking happens, a Wraith gets burnt alive, Sgt Bates gets turned into a Ferret and thrown across the wall.

Truth be told, it aint that good. For Ron haters, this is not for you. At all. Ron seems to be a big part of all of the other author's stories. And Harry has the subtlely of a thermo-nuclear warhead. But I enjoyed it, so I figure that some of you might as well.

If you like HP-SG crossovers, check out the author's profile page. He's written at least four of them including this one, though I only browsed through two of them.

Checked by Minion, December 11, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  2. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Not too bad. Nice, long length. I've never been much for SG: Atlantis, but this seems alright to me. 3.5/5

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Indeed.

I like SG-1 more than Atlantis. Not sure why, but it was like the acting took a nose dive or something. Maybe it was just me, though.

Marietsy is one of the few authors that can make me like Ron, but tends to go overboard after awhile. I really have to be in the mood to deal with it if I'm to read it. I'll come back later and edit my post when I'm done.

Edit: Didnt like it as much as I thought I would. 2/5.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I liked it so far. I also like Atlantis...after SG-1 got a little repeditive for me, Sheppard and co. somewhat breathed new life into it for me.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like it. Seems like it could be interesting but I don't see any significant plot unravelling, though that's probably because of the single chapter. At the minute its just Harry & Ron in Atlantis, pissing off the Wraith. Hope it has a good twist in there.

Aekiel

6. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

I like it but Harry seems to be telling them a bit to much for no signicant reason.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Not my kind of story. the characters didnt seem to good but its a good read. Im just not in the mood. 3/5

8. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Well, this story is exactly one chapter before being abandoned.

However, I decided to read this story to see how good it was.

Willing to risk their lives without knowing what's on the other side, good job guys. :rolleyes:

Humor seems forced here on "Harry always doing stupid stuff."

I thought it was written well enough that I could read the fic without wanting to press the red x button.

The rest I found, well boring. I found myself beginning to skim not enjoying the story as I went along. I got to about 3/4 done, stopped skimming to read the rest to give it another chance, but just found it to be boring.

2/5.