1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned In Case Of Zombies, a Harry Potter Left 4 Dead Crossover Fic - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ZombieHunter, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Title: In Case Of Zombies
    Author:Mage-Alia
    Rating:M
    Genre: Horror/Adventure
    DLP Category: Changed to Humor
    Pairing N/A as far as I can tell.
    Summary: What do you do when the world is being consumed by a mutated killer virus. What happens when your relatives, in one last reluctant act take you with them to another country, and what happens when they leave you for dead against the Undead hordes?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4901845/1/In_Case_Of_Zombies

I just found this and find it an enjoyable light hearted read. 4/5

Just two chapters for now though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009
  2. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

You say this :

Sticky says this :

Stickies are there for a reason. Read them before posting.

I'll edit in a bit.

EDIT :

The sentences are long and winded. The grammar is poor enough that the guy obviously didn't bother to get a beta reader. The two universes aren't skillfully or even carefully merged. I couldn't force myself to go any further.

To anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and don't torture yourself reading the story.

1/5

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  3. Catch42

Catch42 Squib

Ha, alright I agree, it has potential, and it's hard to go wrong with zombies, but the lack of updates disturbs me. Fortunately the author has another story that was more recently updated, so perhaps he has moved back to this project? Anyways, a 4/5 from me.

4. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

Hmm... still not enough to rate from me. I'll say this though, it's different and the grammer is okay. I'll keep an eye open, but this looks like something for the humor section. At least the characters are interesting.

5. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It's okay, but it dosn't have enough substance to rate it yet.

I guess what really matters is if the Author can merge the two verses, it seems pretty clear cut right now how Harry got there, but they really should put it in story and not in the summery.

That said I'll wait till there is more to it to rate.

6. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

Slash warning. Though the author hasn't stated if it will be slash or not, most of her fics tend to end up being slash. :(

I like the idea of Harry fighting of zombies, but hopefully they don't turn him into a muggle gun wielding zombie fighter like other zombie crossovers. His got magic, he should use it. Besides that it has a good start, nothing special but it'll keep me entertained when I want to read something new.

No rating now since it is still new, but for a future rating maybe 3/5. That's pushing it.

EDIT: Sorry just saw this in her AN's.

AU, No Pairings.

If it stays that way awesome, still slashness might leak through in the writing though.

7. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    It's good, one of the few crossovers that make me go "wtf?!" and " :awesome " at the same time. 4/5, will rate again when more chapters are up.

8. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Odd... I've read it before but I dont remember it being having that many grammar errors. Expulsion =/= Expultion

XD

I remember finding this and putting in irc when I told the other L4D players that there was a l4d hp cross
    Lulz and awesome indeed. 4/5

but yes, it does need more to actually judge it. And I will be very disappointed if it turns to slash seeing as the only available chars will be Bill, Francis, and Louis if its slash. Which in retrospect I will rage.

9. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Not my cup of tea. That being said it was an interesting look into a new cross that I've never come across. As someone else said, not well merged and the writing style was a little frenetic. 3/5 up until this point.

10. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Lol, its a cross with L4D, do you expect much else? Its purely for the lulz.

11. Dungbomb

Dungbomb First Year

You have it linked to the second chapter

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The author randomly capitalizes words for some reason.

And well, it's bad writing. The character introduction of Francis was terrible, even if he is from a zombie survival game without much depth.

2/5. Not much lulz to be had here.

Edit: Raised to a 3/5 for Francis cold-heartedly executing the witch. I admit, that was pretty lulzy.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  13. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Five months and no sign of an update to an already mediocre fic. 2/5. Just get rid of it.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

14. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I like zombie stories so I read this. It's alright, just the set up yet so who knows how it will go.

Since it hasn't been updated since April I have no hope of seeing more to make a proper judgment. As it stands 3/5.

If we don't rate it will just sit here till the end of time in FR.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

That just really needs to be quoted. I doubt the author wanted Francis to come off as that merciless but that was hilarious. That's how you deal with bad neighbors.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  16. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

Plus, he got the crowned achievement. Nice work Francis.

17. CrazyOrange

CrazyOrange Guest

So Voldemort released Zombie virus?

18. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

No, Harry's just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Again.

19. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Next time, link to the first chapter of the story.

20. Trojan Knight

Trojan Knight Third Year

The story seems to be good enough but not appealing. Grammatical errors her and there though nothing major I guess. Canceling a booking costs a fair bit of money and I don't think the Dursleys would waste their money on a freak. Moreover its hard to imagine the Dursleys paying for Harry (though an economy class) all the way just to lose him.

I find that hard to believe and moreover the Dursleys could have just left before Harry's term ended. Why waste their money? Then again it's author's imagination and creativity. If I had to rate it would be a 2.5/5 from me.

Edit: For using Zombies and some really nice parts I think it deserves atleast a 3/5.