1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete In Flight by gabriel blessing - M - Fate/Stay Night x Sekirei

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 17, 2011.

1. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

According to a post by GB on the forums...

Chapter 25 will mostly be about the fallout of chapter 24 while chapter 26 will involve the long-awaited revelation to the Sekirei; magic.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Some more select quotes from Gabriel Blessing. I'll use spoiler tags again where appropriate. The first two quotes are pre-ch 24 and the Grail War reveal.

Akitsu's norito, Kiritsugu, and why Shirou keeps so much about his past secret:

Another fanfiction author who wants to go pro:

These next quotes are all post-ch24. The sekirei know about the Grail War, but not magic.

Trying to write a flawed protagonist with a first person perspective:

Will Rin and Saber be showing up?

Sorry, but you'll have to wait with the rest for the chance to see how Saber and Rin handle Shirou's current predicament. Honestly, that scene is getting closer and closer.

Would the Mage's Association and Church really kill witnesses instead of mind-wiping them?

Why hasn't the MA stomped all over the alien Sekirei situation in shin-Tokyo yet?

Shirou's ability to love and hate:

3. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

More quotes from gabriel blessing. This was posted around 8pm Eastern on the 14th.

Shame, I don't like this delay or the direction gabriel is going.

4. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

As one of the few who actually likes Sakura, I have only this to say: Fuck you Gabriel. :|

5. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Oh god let's not drag that Sakurafaggotry into this forum, I get enough of that from other places. I have never seen a character so universally hated yet who manages to inspire a select number of rabid fanboys.

6. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Sakura's an okay person she just doesn't draw my attention like Rin and Saber do, who fall more in line with my favorite heroine archetype then she does. That being said I've never understood why she's hated so much, causing her fans to be rather rabid in her defense. Which, funny enough, causes her detractors to be more....rabid as well, I guess.

Still I like GB's idea, maybe if we're lucky we'll get to see it after In Flight is finished.

7. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Seeing as how I'm not doing a combination of ranting/trolling on behalf of her, I can hardly call it "Sakurafaggotry". I'll hazard a guess or two as to where you get this "rabid fanboy" from. I can also say I don't really care. If Gabriel is going to make a fanfiction crossover with Freezing, of all titles, I won't be reading it. It's as simple as that.

8. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'd hit - er, read it. Gabriel's been getting better at this - HoS was shitty and overly melodramatic at a lot of places, a problem he has since then corrected for the most part. I think he can pull it off.

Also, having never played the F/SN game itself (download the original? Download English patch? Sacrifice a goat and pray it works with WINE? Too much godddamn trouble), writing up all three routes sounds neat.

His "original" idea sounds pretty generic, though. :|

9. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

F/SN is too good to crossover with that filthy slut that passes itself as an anime.

F/SNxFreezing? Do. Not. Want.

But I can agree that his writing quality has improved exponentially since he wrote HoS. His new idea would probably be quite well written, but there's no way I would read it.

10. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There's no way that I'd ever watch Sekirei or Familiar of Zero, either. They're both anime that I'd find unbearable to actually watch. Nonetheless, Gabriel's managed to craft entirely readable stories out of them.

I don't expect that a Freezing crossover will be any different.

I haven't actually noticed this. I might just be blind to the improvement. That wouldn't surprise me too much. I tend to enjoy his stories from the 90s [which I still re-read every few years] more than I do his newer ones.

edit@Provis: :p

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  11. Provis

Provis Second Year

@ Tehlaziboi and Sin Saiori

While Freezing is definitely bad, you both seem to be forgetting that The Familiar of Zero and Sekirei are pretty awful themselves. Frankly I think that this is the main appeal of his stories — a shitty story improved by a good protagonist and a setting that is generally 'darker and edgier' than the original. Whether a crossover with Freezing would turn out to be any good would really depend on the story itself...

Edit: Fucking ninjas...

12. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Having watched Freezing, Familiar of Zero, Sekirei, and played/watched Fate/Stay Night, my argument is thus:

- Familiar of Zero: Average. Characters were somewhat memorable with their over-the-top personalities. Plot was okay at best.
    - Crossover potential with F/SN: Not Complete Shit but nothing to write home about. Gabe could have done better.

- Sekirei: Pretty Damn Good. Interesting story to follow with relatively rich backstory. Characters/personalities are well established and diverse. Boobage is prevalent but (to me) takes a backseat to cool fights and the overarching theme of "Love Conquers All."
    - Crossover potential with F/SN: Pretty Damn Good. There's so many characters/events/sub-plots to mess with to make a good story. Gabe's doing an awesome job of proving this.

- Freezing: Complete Shit. Plot is contrived and most events are too unbelievable in the context of the story. Characters are flat (lol) and forgettable.
    - Crossover potential with F/SN: Poor at best. Complete Shit can only be improved so much, no matter how badass/awesome Shirou and Rider are. While I would read a well written fight between a Master-Servant pair and an inter-dimensional alien race, I would despise every moment before, between, and after. Besides, Shirou on a Sakura-induced angst trip? No thanks, Gabe. Really.

13. Provis

Provis Second Year

I agree with you that Sekirei has the most potential and Freezing has the least despite execution being poor to varying degrees for all three; however, to denounce a story before it has even been written (especially when the concept follows a reasonably capable author's modus operandi) seems somewhat foolish. As a final note, Shirou was on an angst trip with regards to his previous love interests in both HoS and In Flight, so I don't really see how this is much different.

14. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

HoS - Saber's gone but waiting for him.
    In Flight - Rin and Saber are still alive. There's always a chance.
    'Frozen Blades' - Sakura's dead and gone. Not waiting, not still alive.

That last one's a whole different kinda angst monster.

Also, let me clarify: I'm not denouncing the story. I'm denouncing the anime. I hated nearly everything about Freezing. I have no doubt Gabe would do a good job writing it and a fair chunk of his readers would like it, but I hate the universe it's set in, so I'd most likely hate the story.

Biased opinion is biased.

15. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

I haven't watched Freezing. Rather, I read it when it first came out as a manwha in South Korea. And just like every other story written by the author, it's flat and generic with the only appeal being tits. I would say the same too for Sekirei if it weren't for the fact that their cast, minus Minato and Musubi, are actually interesting. So yeah, what Sin Saori said. I'm not particularly interested in the crossover because Freezing is a shit story, period.

And again, I like Sakura. I can read In Flight because it's not based on her route and therefore, she doesn't have much of a mention. But a story where she's dead for the sake of being dead? Especially when Shirou the Determinator threw everything away to save her in Heaven's Feel? That doesn't sit well for me and I don't care how good this potential crossover could be.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  16. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Rather than continue a silly argument, I'll just nod politely as my eyes glaze over every time the word 'Sakura' comes up in one of your posts.

In more relevant news, Gabe's posted a silly omake that I chanced upon while skimming:

17. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

18. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

That was COMPLETELY :awesome

lol

It's about time we get to the REALLY good stuff. Gentlemen, and ladies, it's nothing but awesome from here on out.

Poor Tsukiumi, getting cockblocked by the Mage Association can't have been fun.

Truly their cruelty knows no bounds.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  19. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

:awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome

That is all.

20. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Fragarch ping-pong. My mind has been freaking blown.