1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot In Jiiha Village by Kettricken - T - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Paravon, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

Title: In Jiiha Village
    Author: Kettricken
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: What happened to Jiiha village after the exodus of the saviors of humanity? What becomes of those they left behind? A portrait of hard lives in the age of the rebirth of the spiral. feat. Simon, Nia, and the "mean girls" of Jiiha village; one-shot.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4932014/1/In_Jiiha_Village

A short, fantastic story that captures the feeling of the show without intruding on or changing its events.

5/5

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

It was...ok.

TTGL was defined as a ridiculously shonen anime with ever-expanding battles, giant robots, and a healthy dose of fanservice. This seemed more focused on the gritty reality of life underground with the deaths involved, and while I much prefer the darker fics, TTGL always seemed...beyond that. Untouchable.

Otherwise, the grammar and spelling were good, the feeling of a life underground was well-represented, and there were no real conflicts with canon. 3/5.

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Kind of have to agree with DrSarcasm when it comes to the problems of doing a dark and serious fic based on TTGL.

Then again, I would have to say that TTGL just isn't a good setting for any fan-fiction, because a huge chunk of what made the series so enjoyable (it's utterly over-the-top craziness) just doesn't translate nearly as well to a written format.

4. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I'm sure Joe could manage it.