1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity War Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Could it be that Thanos's solition is an ongoing spell? Like half of the people born dies right away.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

There's a reason why they call him the Mad Titan.

3. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

I'm wondering how they want to "un-fuck" this in the 2nd part. Unless Thanatos gets bored they'll probably pull some ridiculous Deus Ex Machina moment.

4. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

This nice when a film "ten years in the making" actually delivers.

While it could be better in some parts, having such a big cast and making it all work is not an easy task.

The ending will be undone in the next one, but in my opinion, the best films make you feel emotions even when you watched them hundreds times and are familiar with outcome. I wouldn't be surprised if the last 10 minutes will affect many people on rewatch even after A4 is released.

If there is one small complain I could have is that they managed to make Scarlett Johansson bad in a blond hair. ;)

5. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

So... just watched it and it pretty much delivered on what I was expecting. The deaths didn't really gave me the feels though as I could see them coming and I know they will be brought back in the next one except for maybe
    Gamora
    . Stuck around for the post-credits and have to say it sets up
    Captain Marvel
    rather well.

Can't wait for the next one.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yo @Jon spoiler tag the thread already so we don't have to bother with fucking spoiler tags :mad:

7. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

A change which almost ruined the whole movie for me:)

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well off hand although they haven’t introduced her yet Thanatos only obsessed over death because he was in love with Lady Death. Might be a bit lazy but they could have her reverse things because of Thanos arrogance.

9. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No need for spoiler tags now, right?
    What will most likely happen is that everyone who died because of something other than the snap (Gamora, Loki, Heimdall) will still stay permanently dead.

The remaining Avengers that are still alive (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, etc.) will probably somehow sacrifice themselves to bring back the heroes that were snapped away. The ones that are left have pretty much run their entire story by now. Rocket even mentioned how he "Doesn't have a long lifespan anyway".
    I really don't want Captain Marvel to be the end all be all for Avengers 4. She can't just come in and go toe to toe and defeat Thanos in one hit like Superman did in Justice League. Thanos needs to be defeated in a team effort like how Stark, Strange and the others were fighting him.

I can just imagine Tony and Steve talking about it:

Tony: We lost last time we fought him.

Steve: Last time, we didn't fight together.

10. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The thing that I really loved about Infinity War is how most of the movie was spent fighting Thanos' lieutenants, who were simultaneously executing his plan in different locations (thus justifying why he sent them rather than doing it himself) and were actually pretty good at it. You got the real sense that each one of them could have been a villain in their own right in a smaller movie - that Thanos had a team of actually competent "anti-Avengers". It really built him up as a villain.

11. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

I agree with the telekenetic noseless guy who was pretty powerful and competent but the others were kind of dissapointing humans like Cap, Black Widow Hawkman (don't know his name) could keep up and drive them away despite their superpowers, the powerlevels where all over the place. Would have been nice if some of them survived or atleast they put minimum effort to actually characterize them

12. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Eh, more time to them would mean less time to Thanos and the Avengers, and the movie is big enough as it is without giving them more screentime. I would say it was worth it sacrificing their characterization, especially since Thanos carried the show so effectively.

13. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I was pretty sure they were going to end the movie on the fingersnap of doom going in since it was such an iconic moment from the original comic and would make a great cliffhanger, and it still hit pretty hard. Props to Holland for his part in twisting the knife on that.

Even if there is some sort of reset button in the next Avengers movie, the scene itself was still wonderfully horrifying.

Agreed. The worked just fine for the role they needed to carry as Thanos's elite mooks who could provide a couple more fun fights without Thanos himself mixing it up.

14. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

regarding the end i can safely say my predictions were... half wrong. *wink wink*

i’m not as familiar with the source material as others so im not certain, but is Gamora legitimately Thanos’ daughter in this setting? like did he bang her mom a few years before coming back to OCD the population?

otherwise while i’m pleased to see an attempt to given the big bad some depth, i’m kinda baffled how tightly he latched on to her.

15. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Or he could just snap his fingers once every century or so whenever the population gets a bit too high for his liking. For that matter, people would probably take population control a lot more seriously once they found out Giant Purple Space God would kill half the world any time he thought the population had gone up too much.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  16. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I got the impression that she was his favorite adopted child.

Anyway, I really liked the movie but I couldn't bring myself to feel anything for the "deaths". It's pretty much a given that everyone that died (besides maybe the Asgardians) will be brought back one way or another so it didn't really evoke much emotion from me or the people in theater. Everyone (including me) did gasp when Tony got stabbed though. I was honestly expecting him to die so him surviving came as a shock. Thors arrival on Earth was badass as fuck though.

8/10 Good, but Thor: Ragnarok and Captain America: Winter Soldier are still tied for my favorite Marvel movies.

Edit:

Forgot about her. Her death actually made me sad, especially when she asked Thanos if it was worth it at the end.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  17. Gengar

High Score:
    The problem with Gamora dying is that GotG relies so heavily on the entire cast to be as brilliant as it is - especially the interplay with Starlord and Gamora. Would people prefer it stakeswise if she died? Probably, but why harm one of their better franchises, which isn't dark at all?

And Thor is the only one that should be able to go toe-to-toe with Thanos, which was super frustrating in the movie. When Thanos was babycrawling towards Vision, with everyone else there, I was a second away from screaming 'WHERE THE FUCK IS THOR?!'

My favourite parts of the movie were when Thor met the Guardians (are you mocking me? LOL), Peter asking Tony if he'd seen a REALLY old movie called Aliens and...sniff... the Peter death scene. Right in the nads.

Edit: oh, and #NotMyBlackWidow

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I liked it. Went on Friday, screamed through the entire thing. The theatre was deathly silent during the ending, but the deaths didn't really register. It's quite obvious that there's going to be a sequel in which Thanos will be defeated and as such it's hard to feel anything about him killing people.

Also, Thor's arrival. Mother of God, the entire theatre went wild when the fucking God of Thunder came down for some epic as fuck asskickery.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I thought that moment was wasted to kill a bunch of space dogs personally...

20. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Compared to Thor, everyone is a space dog.