1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Inside My Mind By sistersgrimmlover - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Sowilo, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Sowilo

Sowilo First Year

Title: Inside My Mind
    Author: sistersgrimmlover
    Rating: M
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    Library Category: Romance
    Pairings: Fem!Harry/Tom Riddle, Draco/Luna, Blaise/Hermione, Neville/Daphne, Remus/Tonks, Sirius/OC, Theodore/OC, Astoria/OC
    Summary: It started with a wand. A wand with a brother. And this brother wand, a girl shall wield. And with this girl came War. And with War, came her lover, Plague. Plague lead to his brother Death. And it all ended in Victory.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6661694/1/Inside_My_Mind

Edit: Okay, since I was stupid enough to make an ass out of myself first shot, I'm actually going to seriously judge this story how I actually see it instead of typing a fucking glowing review like the first time.

The writing at the beginning sucks ass. Period. Thankfully, it gets better as the story progresses, and the glaring mistakes that the author makes becomes less glaring as time goes on. The romance in quite a few areas is rather cheesy. The Goblins are nice. In the end, Tom was not the sadistic fucker we all know and hate and I really could have lived without the... fluff and Phantom of the Opera allusions and... ugh, why did she have to get all musical? People told her to stop, but she never listened. :facepalm

I like the potential this has though. I've never seen The Four Horsemen in really any type of story, fanfictions and published novels alike, so the concept the author was trying to achieve was rather original. For a guilty pleasure read it was pretty damn enjoyable, but as a serious read there's no way this would make it into DLP, and let it be noted that sleep-deprived and uncharacteristically stupid does not mix at all on DLP.

In the hands of a much more experienced and mature writer, this thing would be fantastic. Fan-girl the author may be, she obviously put a lot of thought in the making in the Horsemen, and this could have been a hell of a lot better if she actually knew what she wanted to do with it (and worked on her writing instead of looking for "the perfect pictures" :fire). But since it wasn't, feel free to scrap this. Or go over there and give her some much-needed constructive criticism, because people are too retarded over on ff.net to do it themselves.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Trolololol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  3. GrandHighPoobah

GrandHighPoobah Third Year

Voldemort serenades "Bella" with the guitar.

Do not want.

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just... I have no words...

Actually, I then decided to check out her profile. I wanted to quote more of it here, but there's just so much of it that's horrifying.

This is a taste.

She has a playlist for 5th, 6th and 7th year up there.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2095855/sistersgrimmlover

That's her profile, it's worth checking out just to boggle at it.

5. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

Let's see what makes me think this story is going to suck after reading the first chapter. These shouldn't be much of a spoiler if you spend more than 10 minutes reading, which you really shouldn't.

This story supposedly has:
    -Fem!Harry/Tom Riddle pairing which seems pretty freaky considering at the start she is 11 and he is... older
    -Grindewald is the one killing the Potters and as far as I know he is not parseltongue, but yet Bella mysteriously has this ability which may possibly be explained by the following
    -Heir to all kind of houses including magical heir to Slytherin (whatever that means)
    -Sirius blood adopts (whatever that means) Bella at the urging of Tom while Dumbledore supposedly would be totally against it
    -Sould bonds (mysterious)
    -Several characters behaving in a way that seems very strange including Bella supposedly remembering stuff that happens when she was a baby, that totally happens
    -Lord and Lady Slytherin

None of this seems cool to me and I couldn't continue reading.
    1/5

6. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

Maybe we actually need that introduction forum back... If only so we have a chance to filter out the undesirables.

7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This kind of shit still happened back when we had it.

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

:facepalm WHo did she rename Edward [Cullen]?

These words, you keep using them. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

Really? Cause I cannot, for the life of me, think up any reason as to why anyone would want to post it.

I believe we've a rules sticky regarding one word posts and the like. :| At least be creative. Lessons must be learned. D:

9. Tibbers

Tibbers Squib

Well to be honest I've never seen a draco/luna before, but I can't actually bring myself to read any of this to figure out how the author managed it.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

She didn't.

11. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The person can't write, is the problem. With AUs especially, you need a strong frame, an environment that feels real. Substitute Voldemort for Grindelwald and you have the exact same poorly-described, vanilla Godric's Hollow attack scene that's already been written hundreds of times.

12. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

There is 800,000 words of this shit? My god, what the hell were you thinking recommending this to DLP? What possible reason could you have for thinking that this would appeal to anyone here?

13. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Oh, wow.

Every once in a while I check out the handfull of epically long fics - but this I haven't seen before. Thank God.

Even if you ignore the pairing, scenes like this:

are enough to get it down to one star.

And this:
    makes me want to delete this thread at once.

14. thejabber27

thejabber27 Groundskeeper

Out of the fairness I have, I read a chapter before condemning this.... I really wish I hadn't. While Grindewald was beaten by Dumbledore in cannon, which made him famous.

I can accept that Dumbledore might also not kill him in an AU. What I cannot accept is that the wizarding world let a Dark lord run around free on a rampage for at least 40 years. Even the bureaucracy of the magical government and ICW would have approved their nuclear option by then to stop him.

Also how is a 14 month old imitating a language she just heard for the first time? And how did she become a parseltongue when Grindewald didn't have that ability? Unless it's a non genetic talent like in Knowledge is Power, it doesn't work.

Besides those complaint's the rest of it is the standard head banging affair I've come to expect from fem!Harry stories. 1/5

15. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I knew this story was going to be shit once I read;
    It's not the Fem!Harry/Tom Riddle that gave it away (well, it was clue), but it's the fact that eight pairings were listed.
    I was not disappointed. Giving this story a 1/5 would be generous. It would be better if stories like this were purged from the internet so it could never be read or have ratings at all.

16. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

Without reading the fic, I just wanna say that the horseman are old stuff. X-Men Evolution has it. Supernatural has it. And I have seen others with it that I cant really recall the names of right now.

17. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

What is magical heir?

18. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well Castiel, a magical heir is when magic decides that you get a fancy new title because you defeated the previous holder of the title as a baby through the method of Avada Ke-doink. :sherlock:

19. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I'd like to see gravity or thermodynamics awarding titles every once and a while for a change of pace.

20. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Oh god. Ahahahaha.

I had to try to read it, but honestly I couldn't. I can't rate a story if I cannot get through the first chapter.