1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Is Voldemort really that Evil?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crymson, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Crymson

Crymson Squib

I have one question, is Voldemort really that evil? I mean, sure, he killed a lot of people, don't get me wrong, that is a very wrong thing to do. But, was Voldemort really trying to kill Harry? In the first book, his main goal was the stone, in the second book, he was in Albania, hiding, in the third book, Voldemort didn't do anything, in the Fourth book, he wanted the blood, not really wanting to kill Harry, in the Fifth book, he wanted the prophecy, in the sixth book, he wanted to kill Dumbledore, and only in the seventh book did he really want to kill Harry. But, why does he want to kill Harry? Because of a grudge, possibly. I mean, I would want to kill the person that ripped my soul out of my body and forced me to live in a forest, and possessing other animals, I mean, who wants to do that, and the only reason that Voldemort went to kill Harry was because of the prophecy. So, if the prophecy wasn't made, Voldemort would not have wanted to kill Harry.

Don't yell at me please, just give me feedback, I really don't care if you call me an idiot or anything, or that I suck, I'm used to it. (Writing fanfiction and all, I get called names that are worse than that.)

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Yes he was evil. Yes he wanted Harry dead at every single point in the books.

3. Crymson

Crymson Squib

Yes, I do agree with that, and that he was at all the points, trying to kill Harry. I respect that, but I must confess that I am a very biased person, I hate Dumbledore, for a reason that I don't even know, and I like Voldemort, or Tom Marvolo Riddle, I like Tom better though.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My face when this wasn't an Alexx thread.

JP JP.

In all seriousness, I don't really think it was his desire to kill Harry, his perceived enemy, that made him evil. It was more the desire to subjugate everyone and everything, along with the subsequent eradication of anything that did not conform to his world views.

In fact, I think his fear of death (and thus his desire to kill Harry) is actually the only thing that made him human.

5. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    He's just a mis-understood fluffball underneath that brooding exterior. In connection to your other thread, a lesser known interpretation of the power of love with regard to saving Harry is the healing power of his hugs. I mean, look at how Voldemort's face lights up after a hug from Draco

[​IMG]

Imagine how much better it would have been if he'd got a hug from Harry!

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Literally magic Hitler. Or magical Stalin. Or magical Pol Pot. Take your pick.

Either way, he was a genocidal maniac. Yes, that's evil.

7. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Professor

Yeah we've all gone through our edgy hating Dumbledore and loving Voldemort stage. That's what this site was pretty much founded for. Don't worry you'll make up one day and realise Dumbledore was right and Voldemort isn't just misunderstood he's actually evil.

8. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

Okay... show of hands. I can't be the only one who believes this is Alexx.

9. Oz

10. crimson sun06

Damn... someone's trying to frame me. The plot thickens.

11. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

No, this is Patrick.

On topic, OP I'll just assume for your sake that you've been reading too much terrible fanfic and have forgotten what the characters are actually like.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  12. Crymson

Crymson Squib

I have different ideas, or points of view you can call it. My friends call me crazy. But, that does not mean that you can just assume that it is others. No one ever agrees with me, so it doesn't really matter, what you say to me, it won't even matter a bit.

13. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When everyone you meet, from a diverse range of backgrounds and beliefs, real life and internet, all say you're wrong, it may be time to reassess your opinion.

14. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

You like the character and thus think they aren't evil (sigh) while acknowledging that pretty much no one agrees with you (siiiiiiiigh) and stubbornly insist that no one can change your opinion (siiiiiiiiiiiiigh).

Sup, Voldemort fangirl.

What is up with this forum lately, it feels like someone turned back the clock like ten years.

15. Crymson

Crymson Squib

I try, I try really hard to change my opinions on things, I know that Voldemort is evil, and that the things that he does are wrong. The thing about me is that I may be evil too, inside. The only evil character that I don't like is Gaea. She's too subtle.

---------- Post automerged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I understand that Voldemort is evil, and that he is a maniac that someone does have to kill, when I read that he died, in fourth grade, I was happy, then, I saw his past, someone with a past like that would most likely turn evil. What can I say, I too am an evil person.

16. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I mean. There are likeable characters that are, by all definitions of the world, evil.

Dexter is a pretty good example of that, in my opinion.

Why the hell would anyone like Voldemort? He's a raving lunatic and a shit antagonist.

17. Oz

18. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Crymson are you a sock-puppet?

19. crimson sun06

Your friends call you crazy? Noooo!!! The gall of them. Its perfectly normal to be in love with mass-murdering psychopaths. Don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.

20. Stan

Stan Order Member

Sad thing is, this has actually been written hundreds of times already: Harry goes back in time, gives Riddle his love and redeems him. Turns out, Dumbledore was the one who wanted Tom Riddle to be the Dark Lord, and he was manipulating him all along. Dumbledore would then kill him and set himself as the De facto ruler of the Magical World. It was all for The Greater Good, you see, though exactly how remains a tad unclear.