1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

iSO/Android Gacha games rec.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by joshuafaramir, Apr 15, 2017.

1. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

So as per thread title, any good gacha games recs?

Right now, I have a few I play around.

-FFBE (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) 1st priority
    -FE:Heroes (lame no evasion stat)
    -SAO MD
    -Valkyrie Connect
    -Heartstone (considered gacha?)

So far, for me personally FFBE is the most complex out of all those 4 that I have played. The game requires you to strategize and think. Timing if you like chain multiplier setup especially for event bosses, trial bosses and raid bosses.

It's a turn-based SRPG and as per usual with any FF game, has status effects, elemental weaknesses and a 10 character switching in/out of your party in battle (You can bring 5 people and another 5 for switching in/out).

The last part is not yet implemented but the Japanese version already has it so it'll come to Global eventually.

Fun game and all contents are completely manageable even as a F2P (Free to Play).

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's funny you start this thread now. Fate/Grand Order's localization has been announced for Summer 2017. No account transfer so personally I won't bother switching, but considering they're keeping certain improvements from the original right off the bat it'll be the ideal time to jump in, IMO.

3. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Damn, didn't think about that. Ugh, I've got to many gacha games on my list. I'll get rid of SAO MD, FE:Heroes.

I've invested too much time in FFBE and I'm really liking Valkyrie Connect. Fate Grand Order is gonna be awesome though.

4. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Been playing Kingdom Hearts since it's announced and now is really the perfect time to get into it with the absolutely massive anniversary update. So many freebies to help out with the gacha.
    They just released the multiplayer raids too which are fun.

5. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I also play a lot of FFBE. Almost daily since launch. Add me.

199,975, 838

6. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Gotcha. I'm that olive with /r/FFBE.

With Fate/Grand Order coming soon to U.S, I'll probably play at the most 2 gachas. FFBE and Fate. I'll give KDhearts a look though.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Pokemon Duel is very good.

You get 6 pokemon 'figures' and have to advance across the game board to capture the opponent's goal point.

Primarily a pvp game.

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Summoner's War: Sky Arena just dropped a huge newbie improvement update and their current running event lets you pull a guaranteed premium unit for free.

9. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Necroing the thread but I figured I'd add in my own two cents. Currently, I'm playing Darkness Rises which has been pretty addicting. I know both @Nazgus and @ScottPress though I'm not sure if they're still playing it.

You know all those adverts and trailers you see for mobile games and they look proper realistic and high quality but then at the bottom, in size 2 font it says "Does not depict actual Game Footage"? This game's game footage is just as good as it's advertising.

• It's controls are the typical buttons on the right hand side with attack as the biggest one and movement controls on the left but there's not really many other options for controls when it comes to mobile gaming.
    • The main storyline, while not an epic on par with the likes of Lord of the Rings, is fairly enjoyable. It's a bit annoying that characters don't talk in the dynamic cutscenes and only in the static ones but I'm guessing there's some network issues there that would cause incorrect syncing.
    • The Adventure stage is fairly repetitive but is a decent time waster and is designed more for grinding purposes and levelling up to get stronger for PVP.
    • There is an autoplay function where the game will play for you and repeat the same level over and over again. The autoplay isn't as good as a normal player so while you (the player) may be able to defeat level 10, the AI may struggle with even level 9.
    • There is a limit to how much you can play. There's these things called Adventure Keys. You generate one every five minutes and a level costs 2 keys to play (4 for higher levels). You also get them as rewards from achievements and completing quests. In the last month that I've been playing this game, I've never ran out of keys as the game is pretty generous with them.
    • PvP can either be 1v1 or 3v3 and you're usually with people around your general level.
    • Edit: Forgot to mention one of the major disadvantages. The classes are genderlocked. Warriors and Berserkers are male only and Wizards and Assassin's are female only.
    I can honestly see myself playing this game for quite a while.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  10. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really like this game. There are some minor annoyances that always come with freemium games, but you take the good with the bad. In the mobile market, this is very high quality.

Strong points:

1) game looks plain fucking awesome

2) there's a good mix of "I AM THE GOD OF WAR AND DEATH" indulgence and challenge once you get a bit further in. It might seem like button mashing a lot--and to be fair, it is--but on higher levels of competition you have to time your skill usage, time your dodges, and in PVP, time your blocks

3) there is a lot of content. PVE, PVP, coop (a new update just dropped that added a new raid boss); plenty of collectibles if you like that sort of thing

Some drawbacks, to offer a balanced assessment:

1) whenever you enter a new shop/area, wait a few seconds, because a shop bundle ad is probably going to pop up; it can be really annoying in the beginning when you accidentally click it (they take up the whole screen) and you have to cancel out before doing what you actually want to do, but it's a small price to pay (hehe); I have been playing quite bit, but haven't felt I was at a disadvantage to paying players or that I was hitting an insurmountable grind wall. Sure progress is now less thunderous than at the start, but it's steady

2) customization options are annoying--you can change the colors of your gear with dye tickets (easy enough to acquire) but the color is chosen at random and as far as I've been able to confirm, there is no option to just fucking choose the color you want, which sucks major balls (I've been lucky to hit a pretty sweet gold combo, so I'm sticking with that for now; there was a short period where I paraded in striking lime-green plate armor for day and by God was that an eyesore)

If you want to check the game out and have questions, let me know. And if you're in Europe, I have an empty guild, am looking for members.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have a very, very long commute via public transpo, so I'm always on the lookout for new mobile games.

I tried Darkness Rises for a few days, but I quickly lost interest. It is literally a carbon copy of what 'HIT' (Nexon's other big game) used to be before they broke it by adding 8 billion different upgrade systems. The only real endgame in DR and HIT is making your chars stronger for pvp/coop so they can rank higher and earn more rewards, so they'll surely do the same with this one as it's the only way to maintain cash-flow in such a game.

Eventually DR will go the road of HIT: all the f2p people will quit because they can't keep up, and the bar of entry will be so high that it won't attract any new players. Then the whales will quit because they won't have anyone to beat in pvp.

That said, a noticeable improvement they did make was adding a lengthier gap to the counter and dodge mechanics so you can't spam them while your skills are on cd. Made pvp a lot more skill oriented between evenly geared opponents.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So I tried a few games:

One Piece : Treasure Cruise

I guess it's fun enough with the battle system and there seems to be always a lot going on with events and the like but I dunno, not too psyched about the character options. Maybe it's an unrealistic expectation but there are just too many versions of some characters to me. Like, there are at least ten versions of each straw hat member and that's just too many. Even FGO with its Saberface issue doesn't really have that, at least there, the characters in general are different heroes for different things. Here, it's just too much, at least for me.

Bleach Brave Soul - Gameplay is kinda fun with the hack and slash aspects but it also seems more grindy. Like, there are a ton of events going on right now and you have to grind the shit out of each and every one to get something from them and fuck that. I don't have the time, energy or inclination to do that. But if you like Bleach, could be worth checking out. Right now, there is an opportunity to get a fully leveled and maxed six star hero, which does make things way too easy.

There was a Beyblade game which I tried for half an hour and it seemed really bad or at least not for me.

Valkyrie Crusade was okay with the basebuilding aspect and the card collection but in the end, it suffered from having too many heroes and me ultimately not giving a shit about the world and people in it. At least with properties where you know the fandom, you can at least aim for characters you like, no such thing in IPs like Valkyrie Crusade outside of digging through the wikis to find out the good chars in the current meta and hoping to get them which is ultimately not a mindset that I like all that much, since I am more of a filthy casual who plays for fun.

Fire Emblem Heroes seems nice in terms of combat but unfortunately, I don't really know anything about the Fire Emblem world so same problem there. i just don't know the characters and have nothing to aim for.

FGO is the one I am mainly sticking with, even though I do fall out every now and then since grinding can sap your will to live. It's far less generous than all of the above in terms of heroes and drops and getting super rare stuff is , well, rare but that kinda makes it a bit more rewarding if it does happen and you don't have too many servants to focus on and as you play you get an appropriate amount. it gives more additional insight into the Fate world, which is a plus, the story might not be War and Peace but it's still solid and fun. Game could be a bit less stingy but overall, probably the best one I played so far although am open for more and better games. It's nice to have something while on the train or while watching youtube videos.

13. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

I have two I've been playing recently, that I definitely think are worth checking out.

Granblue Fantasy

Similar to F/GO in a lot of respects, just with a lot more min-maxing. You roll for characters, yes, however while certain characters are game changing, the most important part of the game is farming weapons to create a grid. Has been called Grindblue Fantasy by some - and for good reason. The story is pretty basic, but solid. If you do plan to play, wait for Legfest before you start. That's when the SSR rates are doubled. The app version is kinda shit, however - the best experience is in browser.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time farming mats. I wasn't joking about the grind. It makes Fate/Grand Order look tame.

Shadowverse

A card game that's similar to Hearthstone in a lot of respects. I can't really say much about it - I've really only started to get into it - but there are a lot of different play styles. You get a lot of packs when you start playing, so it's pretty easy to re-roll.

14. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The ability to play this in browser is rather appealing. When is the next legfest?

15. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

It's predicted to start right after the current banner. So roughly 35 hours from now. There's usually one legfest towards the end of every month.

16. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Moar liek Fate/Grind Order amirite?

I occasionally play some shitty android games when I'm quite desperate for something new to do. I think these kind of app games are great for refreshing you when you're stuck in a rut of some kind - usually, they go out of their way to show you a good time for at least the first couple of hours. That doesn't tend to engender much loyalty from me long-term, though - the moment it gets grindy and there's nothing much to do I start to lose interest. And for some reason, that ubiquitous alert - 'stamina is maxed out!' - just gets on my nerves quick. Anyone else feel like that?

Anyway, I've been playing some game called Pet Alliance 2. I was literally googling for things that were somewhat like pokemon, hahah. This game is not like pokemon, to say the least - especially because all the high rank monsters are just literal catgirls. Because there's nothing creepy about having a sexy girl on all fours constantly crawling after you as a pet? Hahahah dear god I hate this shit.

[​IMG]
    Depicted: totally normal thing to have following you. No, I couldn't find any pictures of this thing...

Still, I think it's a decently good time. There's a shitton of mechanics in a sort of 'see what sticks' approach. Puzzle-based exploration, 'pet' collection, market trading for cosmetic resources, gacha, various forms of PVP... I might just be more impressed than it deserves because most of this is new to me. I didn't know what gacha was until I picked up this game a few days ago, after all. But there's a lot to do and it didn't start to hit the grind curve until about four days of playing it and it's fairly generous besides that.

To sum up, here's my feelings on most of these sort of games: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯