1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

iZombie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Apr 6, 2015.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This show is surprisingly funny. And pretty well acted. It's Veronica Mars (typical Rob Thomas internal monologue style), meets generic 'gifted detective' show, meets zombies.

Overall lack of CW tween drama is a big plus.

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's on my list, but 3 episodes doesn't seem to worth it... I think I'm gonna wait probably for the season to end and also see if it gets cancelled(like Selfie... I really liked that one)

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I get not wanting to watch yet.

But it is legitimately good, epecially if you like dark humor and can get all the 90s references. And better yet it's consistent within its own universe. I can see it pulling from a whole host of demos to become Buffy big.

Oh... and the girl is hot.

4. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Necrophiliac alert.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Hardy har herpity derp.

6. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I did rather enjoy this show, but For some reason I'm getting strong "Dead Like Me" vibes from it. They aren't really all that similar, but evoke the same feeling.

7. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Most likely the dry humor about being dead(or undead, if you want to be precise).

I got some of those vibes as well because of that.

8. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Thus far, it's pretty good actually.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just caught up on this, I have to say I'm quite enjoying it.

I wouldn't call it "very good" per se, but it's a unique concept that definitely has caught my interest. And it's also made me laugh out loud a few times, which is always a plus.

10. Rym

Rym Auror

Show's pretty awesome.

11. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm probably taking it too seriously, but I wanted to scream at the characters in episode 3.
    I can completely understand why she wouldn't turn herself in to the authorities. Who wants to spend their life in quarantine in a lab?
    I can also understand her friend not turning her in, since she doesn't seem dangerous.

But once you actually find a mindless zombie? Why wouldn't you call the CDC (or whichever agency is appropriate)? So that way they can prepare for a potential zombie apocalypse! Maybe they also have slightly more resources available to find a cure, compared to one guy in his basement lab.
    Not doing this seems criminally negligent! If you're wondering, at the start of zombie movies, how the zombies ever got going in the first place when there only were a few of them, wonder no more. It's assholes like these guys who are at fault.

Apart from that, it's pretty fun. :p

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    An epidemiologist worth their salt would probably be able to link the outbreak back to the violent boat party of death if one of the survivors was found to be a zombie. And thus Liv, as the only other known survivor, would probably be quarantined, examined, and discovered to be undead.

So overall, a stupid plot hole, but not quite stupid enough to break my suspension of disbelief.

13. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Season 2 finale was pretty awesome.

I definitely feel more comfortable recommending this show to people now. Season two started a little meh, but once the main story line got moving, it got really good.

14. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I watched three or four episodes of this a while back, and it was watchable except for one thing that bugged me. Do the zombies seem more like zombies later in the series? Because at least in the ones I saw, they seemed way less like zombies and more like vampires who happened to eat brains instead of drink blood.

15. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

There are a few varieties at the end of Season 2.

Stereotypical zombies occur when when a zombie hasn't fed on a brain in a while. They start to decay, they get violent, and they attack and eat anything that moves. Once this happens, there is no going back. This is what would happen if a "zombie outbreak occured." There would be so many zombies, and not enough supply, so those who didn't get fed would turn into the classic zombie, causing widespread death and infection.

Most of season two and some of season one is basically Liv trying to make sure this doesn't happen.

At the end of season 2, with the help of an energy drink, another variant occurred that basically caused a zombie to have this attitude immediately at the infection.

16. FKR

FKR Squib

High Score:
    I enjoyed what I saw of the season, which wasn't much, but it certainly wasn't my favourite zombie show.

17. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Well, this is a fantastic show that I wish I discovered earlier.

Just saw all three seasons. Or I guess two and what's been released of the currently airing third.

Liv is a very likable character, for sure. I like that the actress playing her has the opportunity to basically do a different character each week.

Definitely gonna keep up with this one.