1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JamieP Avatar

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Amerision, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Nah, the lolly was bad. This one symbolises the story way better than the other one.

It's just a bit irritating that Harry looks like a toddler after a bowl of chocolate ice cream. But then that might stand for the difference between more mature, darkish Jamie and Harry.

2. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

I miss the lolly, it was lame, but it added an edge of childishness, and gave me the impression that she was a tease. The avatar and the triptych (almost, not quite) clash kind of violently. One is indistinct, blurry even for a painting, while the other is sharp, photorealistic (I'm assuming that they are photos.) The first picture also doesn't give any images that give anything away relating to the story. Harry's face is obviously masculine, but with a few more centimeters, you could maybe see his initial innocence compared to Jamie's . . . eh, for lack of a better word, debauchery. You'd need a few more centimeters to Jamie's face too.

The first and second girls in the triptych are really different. The first is sort of goth/punk looking, while the second is more mainstream/goth, or even just . . . eh . . . regular. Maybe change some of the colors surrounding her eyes to a slightly brighter color, to give the impression of humor, rather than "I'm forced to look sexy because this is my job." The third triptych looks like her nostril is around a centimeter too far to the right, and her bloody nose is dripping upwards. it's just bloody weird.

I really miss the lollipop.

3. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Allright, I've fixed Harry's face and made him a bit more photorealistic by using an actual picture of Daniel. The separator was made more bluish as well.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    The first version when Harry was distorted and grainy looked better. To me anyways. Either way, better then the lolly, and pretty nice avatar overall.

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

For what it's worth, something about the separator just feels like a vagina to me.

Maybe it's the way the heads look like upper thighs spread eagle and the space in between is a pair of those tight boxer-brief type negligee with the lace trim. Certainly feels more like a seam or a crack than a separator.

Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you.

6. Amerision

Err. Thanks. +rep.

7. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

The ava looks cut off... but the sig is crap IMO. I wish I had seen the first ones.

Let me explain a bit, the sig seems to gothic... is that supposed to be Jamie? It looks nothing like you've described her. And the scheme of it just irks me somehow.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  8. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The sig is okay; I actually like it. But if you are trying to illustrate Jamie Potter for us, I'm afraid you've missed your mark.

As for the avatar....it's got to go. The lolly one was far more appealing.

9. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

In your avatar, Harry looks like a silent hill reject. Like one of those grey things.

10. Kim

Kim Guest

Hello where do you guys get these avatars especially you ferrovax?

11. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

How is that a useful post?

12. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Chill Monarch ...... She is new and its her first post.

Kim: Avoid posting in really old threads. Check the date of the post before you...
    Go and post in the Intro thread. And as to answer your question Ferro and a few of us make them in Photoshop or Gimp. The rest just use pics off the net.

13. Amerision

I usually find source images somewhere and then use Photoshop or GIMP to turn them into sig/avatar.