1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by IAmJustAnotherGuy, Oct 23, 2015.

1. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

Trailer just got released and it is less than a month until release so I decided to make a thread.

It looks good. I really like the darker tone Netflix 's shows are giving to the MCU. Daredevil is my favourite show of the year so I am hoping Jessica Jones is at least half as good.

Don't know much about Ritter but Jessica seems to fit her just right. I have only seen Michael Colter on Halo:Nightfall and Halo 5. He wasn't the best thing but he was okay in my books. Really like that they seem to be introducing him on the first couple of episodes.

Kilgrave. My God, does David Tennant fit that role or what? I've only seen glimpses and I love it already. Betting my money on him stealing the show. They seem to be going full on Purple Man, not tonning him down and making him as creepy as he is in the comic. Don't really care that he isn't actually purple, those purple suits look amazing, but maybe they are planning something.

The only tricky thing would be making Jessica fly and not seem silly. She doesn't really fly as much as she glides so maybe they just edit it like in the trailer. Definitely binging it over a weekend.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cool. That is all.

3. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Don't know a damned thing about the character, but that looks badass. I'll definitely be giving it a watch.

4. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Link didn't work for me (weirdly could see the video address in the URL)) just took me to the homepage instead of the video, but putting it through google did.

This looks really good as a show and story. The people hurting themselves looks like it will be creepy - which is great. Also, female character, inter-racial main character relationship. Marvel's going for it. Good stuff.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Trailer looks solid, will give it a try.

Know nothing about the character or the villain, so, should be fun.

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Looks pretty damn good. I know basically nothing about Jessica Jones, but Ritter was excellent in Breaking Bad, and Tennant is always good. Really looking forward to this.

7. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

After such a good show like Daredevil I'm quite hyped for Jessica Jones.

From what I managed to read on various websites, the people who saw the first episode at comic con all praised the show and said that it's even darker than DD. Purple man looks suitably terrifying in this trailer, can't wait lads!

8. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

We really, really need some good female protagonists until Joss Whedon gets rolling again so this is hopefully good news. Trailer looks promising.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Huh. Not familiar with the source material, but that trailer looked decent, and Krysten Ritter's excellent. I'd check it out.

Mind control antagonist seems like a pretty cheap way to drive tension, though.

10. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Her whole deal is that she briefly tried super-heroing, and that career was cut short due to the Purple Man seriously fucking with her.

The series picks up as she is getting back on her feet as a PI who deals with stuff that doesn't quite show up on SHIELD's radar.

She can't fly, but she is super-strong, which allows her to jump like 5 or 6 stories... but apparently she isn't very good at landing, and she drinks pretty much constantly, so misuse of her powers is a recurring problem.

I'm seriously looking forward to this, and The Wife might be, too, after being only lukewarm to Daredevil.

11. not here right now

not here right now Squib

I'll throw my name on the not familiar with the source material but thought the trailer looked good wagon.

Judging from what little I know about the character's powers (super strength, flight and some heightened resilience) I suspect they wanted to avoid a combat heavy/focused show which would be an easy trap to fall into with those particular powers, they could also be using Purple Man in other Defenders related shows and needed to set him up as a villain early with Jessica.

12. salts

salts Third Year

I felt like the over-saturation of superhero shows really, really got to me when watching Daredevil. I dislike DD as a character, but D'Onofrio's Kingpin really was the bomb, and got me through the season.

I've always liked Ritter since Apartment 23. Hopefully, this doesn't become another daredevil experience where I end up rooting for the villain.

13. Shinysavage

High Score:
    If the trailer and what I've read about him are anything to go by, it'll be pretty much impossible to root for him. I mean, I would hope.

14. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Edit: Merged the two threads. -Sesc

So the final trailer for Jessica Jones just dropped, out on the 20th. I think It looks like it could be as good as Daredevil.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

And they've got David Tennant playing the Purple Man which and I've a feeling he's gonna nail. He does play twisted characters so well. Krysten Ritter is Jessica, doesn't look much like I'd imagined her but I've liked her in other stuff. Really liked the Alias comics so am pretty exited for this. Though I am wondering how dark they will really go for this the comics got pretty fucked up in places (hell from the first book). I doubt they will start the series quite the same way with Jessica and Luke Cage did in the comics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  15. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Does look damn good. I'm not familiar with the character at all, but really looking forward to the series.

Also, already a thread for this.

16. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Bugger, I was sure there had to be but I couldn't find it.

17. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

Just saw Sorrow's thread, and the trailer yesterday. Kristen Ritter was the only reason I liked Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, and judging by what little I've learned about the character in the last day she's a perfect fit. I'll see it for that at least.

Looks to be continuing the trend of darker Netflix Marvel shows.

18. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I'm really really looking forward to this. I loved the comic Alias, which the show is based on, so yes. I CANT WAIT.

The only thing I've seen Ritter in is Veronica Mars, I think. She was good there.

I'm so hyped.

19. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Very hyped about this. The black guy was also the new principle from Buffy in the last season, right? Anyway this show is going to be great. Marvel tv shows are pretty decent so far. You know aside from Agents of the Shield.

20. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Definitely not.

Luke Cage is played by Mike Colter and Principal Robin Wood is played by DB Woodside.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015