1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Knightfall by LD 1339 - T - Justice League

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Vesvius, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Title: Knightfall
    Author: LD 1449
    Genre: General/Tragedy
    DLP Category: Misc
    Pairing: None
    Summary: It was not something I did often. Regretting meant admitting I was wrong, admitting I was wrong is a sign of weakness...and I couldn't afford to be weak--But perhaps I could allow myself to indulge in regret just this once." *No longer a Oneshot*
    Link: FF.net

I have read a bit of LD's stuff before. Enough to know that he usually has subpar writing skills and original plot lines. He also likes his Naruto Xovers. But then I found this when I was bored. And I can say it's the best thing he's ever written. Just give it a shot, I don't think you'll regret it.

5/5

2. Thorn

Thorn Professor

A really amazing fic. It has its grammatical errors, yea, but it's still written really well. Palpable emotion is all through it and it really overwhelms you.

4.5/5

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Jon Stewart from the Daily Show makes an inexplicable appearance, but nice story.

At the heart of the matter is the OC's responsibility for Batman's death. Wonder Woman contemplates obliterating the entirety of Gotham, but doesn't feel a flash of resentment toward the kidnapped girl? No one else even thinks about her for a moment? Was the trade-off worth it is the essential question, and it isn't answered at all.

LD 1339 went for the saccharine ending where the OC ends up replacing Batman, where his successor and Superman failed.

Not buying that, so 4/5.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Makes me glad that Batman isn't really dead in the comics. 4/5.

John Stewart. JLU's Green Lantern. >_>

5. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

lol. I found many of these chapters tedious at best and got tired of hearing about Batman's death from over 9000 reactions.

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

What's the matter? Too deep for you?

I thought that was the best part. Most of the chapters were distinct and there were some excellent touches, such as bringing up the history of Jon's people, the Martians to detail his view of Batman.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  7. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Well... there was variable quality between the points of view. A few were really good, but that made the the others seem particularly dull (because they're examining the same thing).

8. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Completely missed that, just caught it now...

If it's any consolation, it's likely that the OC will fail utterly. She doesn't have the years and years of physical training and discipline that Bruce and Dick went through, and likely isn't a genius with a photographic memory, finely honed detective skills and indomitable willpower either. She's going to go out on her first night and get her head blown off by some paranoid junkie. Terry McGinnis' excuse was that he was actually trained by Batman and had an awesome super-suit. It's the only reason he survived.

Oh, and I noticed the story made no mention of some characters that are actually like family to Batman. Where's Robin (though Tim might still be mindfucked from Joker...) and Batgirl in all of this? Couldn't they get a little screen time in the funeral? Kind of strange.

9. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Also, don't forget that Terry was a clone of Bruce. And I was also curious about where the other bat family members were.

10. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

!?!?!

Completely missed that part.

Other than that, fantastic story. I know Diana was supposed to have the most emotional impact but I ended up perferring Martian's and the Flashes chapters most of all.

Must find more DC fics.

4/5.

11. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

The clone thing is a lesser known fact, it was brought up once and has since never really been mentioned again.

12. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Probably because it was revealed in the last episode of Batman Beyond.

Well, technically it was a season finale of JLU (I forget which season), but it was meant to function as the finale of Batman Beyond. And the finale of the DCAU in general, since there's nothing in continuity past Batman Beyond.

Terry isn't a complete clone of Bruce, though. Only his father's DNA was changed. His mother's side was unaffected, and it's why he doesn't look just like him and such.