1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Kong: Skull Island

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by douter, Mar 26, 2017.

1. douter

douter Sixth Year

High Score:
    Saw Kong: Skull Island the other night and went with very low expectations due to the past monster movies. I was pleasantly surprised that this movie was actually pretty awesome.

A lot of people who saw King Kong (2005) noted that it dragged on a bit too long, I didn't have that problem with Kong: Skull Island.

Skull Island didn't try to pretend it was anything other than an action movie, with a couple of serious and comedic moments scattered throughout. T

The casting was fantastic, the soundtrack was fantastic, the CGI was fantastic and even the writing was fantastic. Ths was such a cool movie that is totally worth seeing.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAbI4w95cTE

2. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Who got the Monarch Reference and the link to Godzilla. We will see a Godzilla Vs King Kong in the future.

3. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Saw this today. Went becuase people were saying it was good, but they said the same thing about Godzilla from 2014, so I went with low expectations. I was proven wrong. This movie is well made, with terrific scenery, acting and visual design. It took all the good things from 2014 Godzilla (design, visuals) and thrown out all the bad ones (not showing monsters fight, not showing the freaking title character for half runtime of the movie, teasing us about the fights, not showing Godzilla destorying cities, not showing Godzilla punching giant monsters, not showing giant monsters... - you got the point). Also, there is almost no boring human drama as seen in 2014 Godzilla.

This movie is a very good buildup for the rest of MonsterVerse. The post-credit scense shows the iconic monsters from Godzilla franchise and the tease is of highest quality. Hopefuly they will not give the position of director for future movies to the guy that made the first Godzilla and we will get epic monster fights that we all want to see.