1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Last Child of Krypton by Chuckman - T - NGE/Superman

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Celestin, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Title: Last Child of Krypton
    Author: Chuckman
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Drama
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms/General
    Pairing: Shinji/Asuka
    Summary: Shinji Ikari has been summoned to Tokyo-3. With him he carries an incredible secret, the last desperate hope of a doomed race from beyond the stars, and powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men...
    Link: fanfiction.net

Chuckman is a new author I found on ff.net that in my opinion has a potential to be one of the best there. Right now he has three interesting stories. One of them is completed, one is having just one chapter (but probably the most epic idea of them all, look for yourself :) ) and this one is very quickly getting done. If anything he has a great working discipline, but fics in itself are good too.

Chuckman has an understanding that if you want to do a great crossover, you need to think about more things than just how awesome it will be to have these characters all together. Like in this story. It's more about the symbol of hope in the world of depression than just having Superman fight the Angels. Merging of the two worlds is done very good and characters stay more or less true to their original versions (which is quite something with Shinji who at the same time is Superman).

I'm giving it 4.5/5 rounded to 5.

2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Good enough, so far, but it had started to lose my attention. Luckily, not fast enough that I didn't make it to the end of the most recent chapter, though.

4/5

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's an... interesting idea. Wonder if he got it from that random fanfic crossover generator. >_>

Still, it's actually pretty well done. Nothing I'd put on my favorites list, but it's fairly decent for a short read if you're bored. He seems to know how to write Superman well enough. I'd put it in the 3.5--4 range.

Also, Kaji just became the goddamn Batman. Yeah.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  4. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

What the hell?

I was at chapter 12. Everything was going swimmingly, and suddenly...
    he blurts it out. Just... right out.

And a plot point that *SHOULD* be one of the lynchpins of a masked-hero fic - the identity crisis, gets solved. They slap and make up.

My suspension of disbelief just took a dive in the bay of Bengal.

What the hell. Don't think I'll read this anymore. Not for a while, at least.

5. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

This story is completed for some time already. Unfortunately its quality went really down when the author decided to add way too much elements from DC comics, somehow lost the point of this story and rushed the ending. I'd rate it 3-3.5/5 as a whole.

Fortunately, Chuckman is aware of all it and is doing redux version. Right now it's superior in every aspects and as long as the author will not repeat his past mistakes it may end solid 5/5 for me.