1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Legend of Zelda: Book of Mobius by Meinos Kaen - M - Zelda

Discussion in 'Games' started by redshell, Jul 19, 2009.

1. redshell

redshell Order Member

Title: Leadership
    Author: Meinos Kaen
    Rating: M
    Pairing: None so far, though it looks like Link/OC
    Summary: Fourteen year old Link's a thief with his only living relative. He's after the treasure that will set him and his Gramps up for the rest of their lives. Could be more trouble than it's worth. Magical armor never did fit in a Steam Punk world...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3877815/1/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Book_of_Mobius

One of the better stories I've ever read, though I doubt that means much to you. It's a very good story, and I haven't spotted any mistakes with grammar, etc. The plot is well done and thankfully you don't know what's coming while it does keep you entertained. The only problem I can see anyone possibly having is the jargon tossed about, though it's easy to figure out just what each word means.

4.5/5

2. Eneps

Eneps Squib

A good story and I do like a Link that isn't a wet rag, bowing and kow-towing to Zelda or anyone else whim. But this Link is a bit to arrogant and its making me hope he gets knocked down a peg or two.

3.5/5

Also, Clayton you have the wrong title and author in your post, just to let you know

3. redshell

redshell Order Member

Eneps,your concerns are well-founded, but we are talking about a Link in the environment he's in, he has to run all across Hyrule to go dungeon crawling for (at least in one instance) tea ingredients, and the people he's doing this for are...less than grateful. Oh, and let's not forget that he was
    raised by Ganondorf.
    Also, I'd like to ask your thoughts on The Shift.

My apologies. If a mod would please edit them to this.

Title: Legend of Zelda: Book of Mobius
    Author: Sealinkchan

4. Eneps

Eneps Squib

Alright I'll admit that Link should have an attitude with Monk and the others. since they are pricks, but not with the other people such as the guards and common folk.

The Shift in my opinion is a pretty original concept. I don't remember reading anything that used somthing like that. Though it makes me wonder what actually caused it, it couldn't have been just the magic bursting free from whereever it was sealed. I'm thinking Ganondorf had more of a hand in the Shift.

5. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Dude, when I saw Meinos Kaen on the author, I flipped out. That was seriously messed up. Anyway this is actually pretty tolerable for a Zelda fic, most the time I get 5,000 word chapters that jsut describe the video game.

4/5

6. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Haha, why did you flip out? Truthfully I did in my own way, and I'm just curious if it's for the same reason. I will check this story out.

7. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I know all his stories, and he has been focusing on his Naruto story. I got pissed that he dropped it and was doing a Zelda fic,"He dropped Leadership for this?"

Turns out it was just a weird typo.

8. redshell

redshell Order Member

My thoughts exactly Eneps.

And the type was from my copy/pasting the format for it, and then I didn't fully fix the system. So, could a mod please edit it to the proper title and author?

9. Eneps

Eneps Squib

I'm pretty sure you can edit your own post Clayton just hit the edit button at the bottom of your post.

10. redshell

redshell Order Member

There's an edit cutoff time, I believe it's 24 hours. I did the OP on the 19th. So yeah.