1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Legend of Zelda: The Return, and Reconciliation by: Rose Zemlya - T

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cruentus, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Title: Legend of Zelda: The Return
    Author: Rose Zemlya
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/General
    DLP Category: Misc
    Pairing: Link/Zelda
    Summary: Takes place after OoT with the assumption that Link lost all of his memories of the events in the game when Zelda sent him back in time. [COMPLETE]
    Link: LINK TO THE FACE!

Title: Legend of Zelda: Reconciliation
    Author: Rose Zemlya
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/General
    DLP Category: Misc
    Pairing: Link/Zelda
    Summary: Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: The Return. Based loosely on A Link to the Past.
    Link: ZELDA TO THE FACE!

What we have here is two stories. The first, Return, is based on a Bit of an Alternate Universe where Zelda did more then just attempt to give Link back the years he missed out on.

The second is the sequel and it runs kinda along the lines of A Link to the Past, but different in the ways that are established in the first story.

Their both gems in my opinion. There are a lot of OCs, but they are really well fleshed out. I also find Links character to be awesome. He was a tad bit whiny maybe, but not in a way you would normally think of. And he had some good consistent character flaws.

These fics also happen to support Link/Zelda romance in case your wondering, or if the pairing up there didn't give it away. But it's more of a light flavor to the story then a terribly important issue.

The sequel hasn't been updated on ff.net for a while, but the author has declared that they are not dead and in fact has recently posted new material for it on her forums.

Can't say any more without giving it away.

5/5

2. Rym

Rym Auror

I've only gotten a chance to read the first chapter, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It doesn't hurt that OoT is my favorite game of all time, either.

I'll hold off on rating it until I can read more. Looks like a good find though.

3. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Will read soon and edit my post.

4. Eos

Eos Squib

I just finished reading the first one and thought it was amazing. The OC's are done excellently and I actually felt attachted to them as the story progressed. Link's character is pretty awesome even though there were some parts I thought he was a bit to immature and whiny but then again it didn't matter all that much to me.

I haven't started the sequel since the first was a bit of a read and I'm gonna take a break for little while, maybe start reading it in a couple days.

But overall I'd give the story a 5/5, I have no idea how the others in this fandom measure up to this series since its my first time reading Zelda but it was excellent and much better then the majority I've read in fanfiction.

5. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

This.

It's 3:34 where I am, and I meant to be asleep two hours ago. Worth it though.

6. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Updated after god only knows how long.

The transitions are a little abrupt but that's to be expected as the author stated she re-wrote multiple parts of the chapter over a long period of time. There's some resolution to the Gerudo situation in the Dark Realm, and Link is beast-mode for half of it.

My only real concern is that it will be another year or two before the next update like this last one. Luckily, the chapter is huge but not much happens considering the size of the update. Still, it's good to see life in one of the best fics in the Zelda fandom so I can't complain.

7. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Read the Return fucking years ago, and there was only a few chapters up on Reconciliation.

Return I would give an easy 4/5. Not a 5/5 only because there were several cliched aspects that annoyed the hell out of me. Music bringing everyone together. Best friend being a sudden strategy genius. Best female friend giving him up for his true love because they belonged together. Son going back in past to meet father, etc.

That said, there were some awesome plot twists in there that I really liked. Especially who his parents were and how he ended up representing several off the races. Also, despite how predictable some of the plot was, I really enjoyed it. It ranged from light-hearted, to emotional(sometimes too sappy), to dark. Also loved the advice Darunia gave him. Fill an empty stomach, empty a full mind. Hot damn, can't believe I still remember that line.

So...now I seen Reconciliation has well over 300,000 words to its name. I don't care when the author updates next, I first have to find time to read all that. Been awhile since I sank my teeth into a long Zelda fic.