1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Let History Repeat Itself by Dauphin - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Israfel, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Title: Let History Repeat Itself
    Author: Dauphin
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Action/Adventure
    Pairing: None as of yet
    Summary: [UNDERGOING REVISION] Abandoned by fearful relatives at an orphanage, Harry Potter grows up abused, belittled and deprived. Will a magical education lead him to take the road of the dark?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/302513/1/

One of my favorite Harry-follows-in-Voldemort's-footsteps fics, was abandoned for a long time but it looks the author has taken it up again and has posted a new chapter. Comes with high recommendations.

Checked by Minion, August 18, 2013
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.
    EDIT by Minion, January 2, 2016:
    I added a textfile with the story. The story can also be found on fictionhunt, though posted by a plagiator, thus I won't link it here.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. I was thinking about posting it here but I never got the time and then I forgot about it.

The only problem I have it is the last chapters. It started to look like it was going to be a super powerful Harry story.

3. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Yah, I haven't been able to bring myself to check out the new chapter yet as I haven't touched that story in over a year and thus would probably have to reread the entire thing which is something I just haven't had time for. Hopefully he'll have some fresh ideas after his two year hiatus.

4. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Me neither, and I usually don't reread a story. I have only reread a story ones, and that was a Roswell/Highlander crossover. Best fanfic I have read.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I cant get back into this. I remember reading it ages ago and now I've just lost interest. I dunno where I stopped and I cant be fucked reading it all again.

6. Israfel

Israfel First Year

I've reread stories a few times to catch back up with the plot but the only story that I've reread just to read the story again was 'Evil Be Thou My Good" by Ruskbyte, amazing story, an HP/Hellraiser crossover is pure genius and way he does it too is excellent. Whenever I can't find anything decent to read and I'm really bored I'll usually just go back andf reread that one, I must have read that story at least 10 times.

7. Veriaty

Veriaty Guest

I read the story a week or so ago and it was excellent. I've always had a bit of a soft-spot for Harry following in Voldemort's footsteps as a child though, so I'm probably biased.

8. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Uhm... I'm on chapter 5 and so far he seems remarkably canon like.

9. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

It gets darker as it goes, a gradual descent

10. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Yes it's very subtle about it, it's definitely not one of those five-minute-Harry-goes-evil transformation things. I find it ironic that the people on this board complain about how an author doesn't take long enough with Harry's 'descent into darkness' and then when an author does they complain that it was slow.

11. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    But would we be worth investing 23 hours of the day in if we did not contradict ourselves at every turn?

:mrgreen:

12. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Just finished chapter 5. And the author left an A.N. in the middle of the chapter (Hate it when this happens, but its not the point) muttering about slash... please tell me it isnt going to be slash!!!!!!

13. parcus

parcus Muggle

this story was ok until harry started to have the whole gold eyes thing it ruined the story

14. ButtLift

ButtLift Guest

I'm fairly sure the author abandoned the story.

15. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nah, she's actually just rewrite the entire thing and then going to post it at once.

16. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Chapters 1-27 still available in the DLP.net Archives, which are being updated now. Given the last date of reference (2006) and the fact the author has deleted his or her other stories I'm going to assume this is abandoned. Read at your own risk...

--bornagainpenguin

17. merchantofam

merchantofam Fifth Year DLP Supporter

I know this is going to sound stupid but when i clicked on the link given the fanfic wasn't there, can you repost the link. thanks!

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

o_O You clicked on a link and the story wasn't there. But yes, I can repost that link, just for you.-- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/302513/1/

Is the story there yet?

On the other hand, you could also try checking her profile, which says this:
    or reading bornagainpenguin's post which is directly above your own:
    The Archive-Thread is stickied in the General Discussion forum. Download it if you want that story.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  19. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Goddamnit. I thought there was an update. :(

20. The DarIm

The DarIm Groundskeeper

Read this a long time ago.....loved it if I remember correctly