1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Let the Water Hold You Down by lls_mutant - R

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Alexx, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

Title: Let the Water Hold You Down
    Author: lls_mutant
    Rating: R
    Pairings: None
    DLP Category: General
    Summary: What if Peter was a loyal Death Eater, but found a way to protect James and Lily from being hunted by Voldemort? When Peter sees to it that Harry Potter is born on July 15, 1980, the world changes.
    Link: http://omniocular.livejournal.com/98791.html#cutid1

A really excellently handled AU that defies the cliche that if events had been altered that reality would not be so grim. All of the characters are handled amazingly well, and the plot is perfectly thought out; each event has an identifiable cause, and it comes off as extraordinarily plausible. 4/5

2. Alazon

Alazon Muggle

Let the Water Hold You Down by LupinsLittleSister - R

Title: Let the Water Hold You Down
    Author: LupinsLittleSister
    Rating: R
    Genre: Alternate Universe, Angst
    DLP Category: The Alternates
    Pairing: James/Lily, SLASH unrequited Peter/RL, and side RL/SB
    Summary: What if Peter was a loyal Death Eater, but found a way to protect James and Lily from being hunted by Voldemort? When Peter sees to it that Harry Potter is born on July 15, 1980, the world changes.
    Link: http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/lupinslittlesister/LTWHYD01.html

This is very old, it has slash in it, and Harry's just diaper-filler in it. Those are the main reasons I've been holding off. I figure you guys won't be shy about chucking it if you hate it, but I'd like to get your thoughts.

For my part, 4/5. Except for the sexual orientation of Sirius and Remus, the Marauders feel spot-on to me.
    Pettigrew is still a deplorable craven sh*t, but it's somehow made enjoyable; that takes talent. Author is also unafraid of killing characters. I love when a divergence screws things up worse.

There's another one by the same author that I really enjoyed, but that's for some other thread.

Edit: Where I first read it, it was multi-chapter. Looks like it's all one chapter at current link location. Changed that from COMPLETE to ONESHOT.

Edit2: Drat. Searched the forum, but when I reread the Rejected Sticky, it looks like this is in there. Off to the Hall with this one, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  3. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Professor

First of all, fix your link.There was no need for those square brackets in your post either.

I'm very reluctant to check this out from the summary alone, but I will give it a try.

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ok, I am feeling generous right now.

As the original thread gained only 5 votes and this one got two, I'll give it another two weeks on the review board.

5. Radmar

Radmar Disappeared

I have mixed feelings about this one. In my opinion, first part of the story is better than the second one. I liked portrayal of Wormtail as
    a death eater, his thoughts about it, and that he spied for Voldemort. It had that exciting feel of reading about the spy, who can't afford to make a mistake.

I think that is also weakest part of the story, because then
    Wormtail made a turnaround, started to take care of a small child, and started what I felt is normal life.

In other words, first part was a little funny, exciting and interesting, and second part was mostly boring. Ending was clichéd and unsatisfying.

Slash is just background thing. It's not that important anyway. I don't mind it in this case.

I would rate first part 5/5 and second part 2/5. That leaves me at 3/5.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Seriously, anything that keeps that POS Remus away from Tonks is OK in my books.

--

Reading now, will edit later.

7. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've developed the same mindset over the last year or so. Lupin was a terrible husband and father.

8. Poly

Poly First Year

Because Lupin is gay, despite having married Tonks. That leads to serious issues.

No, seriously, this can happen. I know of a gay guy who even married a woman and sired a child before coming out.