1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Library Questions

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by Joe's Nemesis, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I've been looking through the library and noticed that there a few fics that have descended into the three-star range, and in the recycle-bin, there's a few fics that have risen to the four-star range.

I looked around for instructions, and I could have sworn at one time I read something about stories getting moved back and forth, but for the life of me I can't find them now, so if they're posted somewhere, I apologize. Could someone direct me to it? (I even did a search, but probably screwed up the keywords)

If not, then what's the policy? Is library admission a once-for-all event, or do the stories get removed if they drop below the threshold? Is there a thread we can start to post such stories (and ones that rise above four stars—significantly, rather than one vote pushing it over or under)?

If there isn't such a thread, maybe starting one in the library for people to post such stories would help keep it up to date, and this way the mods don't have to be the ones scouring through the library.

2. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

I believe the policy is to leave fics where they were originally placed, given that many of the older fics currently in the library likely would now be placed into the recycling bin (if even there) and fics currently residing in the recycling bin would be in the trash bin.

3. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If that's the policy, I'm not sure it makes sense since there's fics in the recycling bin now that have more stars than fics in the library. Moreover, if a fic doesn't age well, shouldn't it be removed?

Nevertheless, thanks for the clarification.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Not quite. We have a few library fics that, if submitted today, probably wouldn't get into the library, but currently have a high enough score to be there. The necro rule doesn't apply to the library, so if someone wants to bump one of those fics with a review and try to encourage a a re-rating, they're welcome to.

Average rating > 3.5 goes in the library. Lower goes in recycling or trash. I don't think that policy has changed. If you notice a fic out of place feel free to PM a library mod (Dark Minion is a good bet). To see the numerical rating, hover your mouse over the star rating.

5. dirgy

dirgy Third Year

This is more of a posting problem in general rather than specifically the library, but the time of each post is totally off. Is it possible we never changed it for day light savings time or is it just me...?

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

7. dirgy

dirgy Third Year

Thanks, bro. Got it fixed!

Oz