1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Lifelines by Jinxed-Wood - T - Dr. Who / Terminator (TSCC)

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Bentgame, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Bentgame

Bentgame First Year

Title: Lifelines
    Author: Jinxed-Wood
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    Fandoms: Dr. Who / Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Pairing: Martha J./ Derek R.
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 23,226
    Updated: May 22, 2008
    Published: Apr 26, 2008

Summary:
    Doctor Who/T:TSCC crossover: Martha needs to spread the message but, in order to do that, she needs to stay alive - something that Derek Reese is very good at... set during the year-that-wasn't

Link: Lifelines by Jinxed-Wood

An odd little rec that I found randomly. A crossover between The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Doctor Who. It focuses on Martha during the year the Master took over the world. It's decently written especially for a Doctor Who fic.

Edit by Minion, October 7, 2015
    Taken out of the Almost Recced Thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention.

err... no one?

Iirc we once had small but steady fanbases for both fandoms.

I'll give it until November 7 before I move it.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There's a tense scene early on where Martha and Reese are fleeing through tunnels and ducts in the darkness while trying to evade the Toclafane. It has everything that it needs to be suspenseful and riveting. It's a minor miracle that the writer managed to make it completely boring.

Boring is an apt description.

I read to the end of chapter one. Ordinarily I would've stopped there, but Minion lives on reviews.

So, I read to the end of chapter two. Ordinarily I would've stopped there, but Minion lives on reviews.

So, I read to the end of chapter three. Ordinarily I would've stopped there, but... Actually, forget Minion. I was at the end of my tether.

So, I skipped to the epilogue which seemed to setup a sequel storyline that could potentially be exciting, but with this author would probably be wasted.

I didn't like Reese or Jones' characters. They were both idiots. Jones was overly sentimental and the near-mute bad-ass Reese was smacking his machismo in her face and couldn't have been more preachy if he was standing on a soapbox.

There was mention of a Toclafane's "fowl" swoop in chapter one that made me LOL at the idea of apocalyptic murder chickens with lazers.

Bad 2/5.