1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Limitless (TV series)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I think it fits from what we've seen from his character, he wasn't comfortable with deception and secrets, and probably was really curious about Brian's situation. Intentionally or not, he pushed all the right buttons to get Rebecca spewing the secrets.

2. Rei

Rei Squib

High Score:
    I liked this episode. I'm wondering what's going on with Morra. I think he knows something nobody else does, and that it might have to do with taking NZT for so long.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    All the while at the beginning of the episode that Naz was laying down the new rules I kept thinking ... why is Brian going along with this? My memory of the first few episodes is fuzzy, but this is basically slavery and incarceration. What does the FBI hold Brian with?

Sand is his own agent now. Don't know what to think about that, could go either way.

Morra was such a boss though. Gives zero fucks about Sands, and tells Brian 'You're a big boy, you'll be fine'. Either his arrogance is well-backed and he really is that far ahead, or he has set his sights so far ahead that he's missing the here and now and that will be his downfall. Either way, amazing scene.

Rebacca stuff means that we'll at least have progression of plot, which is always nice.

4. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Brian likes being there in the FBI, so he's willing to endure the new rules...and he probably thinks that he kinda deserves it - the distrust and resentment - anyway.

I don't know about Morra missing the here and now, he's been on NZT for so long that falling for the repetitive and obvious traps the average fictional mastermind usually does would feel cheap.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    He has a curfew, is under constant 24/7 surveillance, and people are following his every move. That is not something one just accepts unless all alternatives are way worse.

As for Morra, it depends on how the screenwriters want to have this play out. I'm pretty sure that Morra can't be gone and have the show continue, so if nothing else, he'll be the last to fall, if he does fall at all.

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

You mean the slow agonizing withdrawal symptoms leading to death that he'll experience if he's not part of the FBI and he stops getting booster shots?

As far as Brian and we know, the only reason he's getting support and shots from Morra is because he's working for the FBI.

I think Morra has a god complex. He's been on NZT for so long that he probably feels like there is nothing anyone can do against him without first seeing it coming a mile away. I have a feeling matched up against others on NZT, Morra might find himself against a better opponent than he's used to and he may require more help from Brian in the future. I can also see Morra expanding his support structure and getting more people around him on NZT.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    We know that, Brian knows that, the FBI doesn't. What is their basis that Brian will just agree to basically never have a life ever again?

8. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Brian doesn't know just how much bullshit the FBI are willing to put up with before just cutting him loose. Sure, he solves a shit ton of cases, but he's also been doing some really sketchy shit. Brian knows the FBI has heard about an "undercover agent" being shot at his place. He also just came back from a very sketchy trip to Russia.

I just don't see Brian risking his life to get out of a curfew.

9. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Again, I agree. Brian wouldn't do that. But how does the FBI know that? They don't know he's getting booster shots. They assume he's immune because reasons.

Why does the FBI assume Brian will just go along with it? I assume I'm not remembering something from early episodes, something the FBI is holding Brian by the balls with.

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think it's more to do with the fact that Brian feels guilty. He's been double crossing the FBI from the very beginning, and that's not the type of person he is. He likes Rebecca, and the others. Especially with the shit with Rebecca coming to a head right now.

11. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Ahh, I see what you mean. Sorry. Early morning grogginess effected my reading comprehension.

Perhaps they feel the daily NZT pill is enough of an enticement? They do think he's stashing pills, so they must think he's some sort of addict. NZT isn't something one can easily find on the streets. If Brian quits the FBI, he's not going to get his daily dose of NZT. Personally, that would probably be enough of a reason for me to put up with it, so I imagine the FBI assumes that Brian will go along with just about anything to get the pill.

12. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Well, we could say Naz thinks she has a strong grasp on Brian's personality, enough that she guesses that Brian wouldn't risk losing something he likes to do, like when he argued against his dad, who had a viable way to take him out of that mess. She isn't exactly strict, with time the curfew and surveillance could be lifted as Brian proves himself trustworthy again. Of course, all that assuming that no higher up is interfering with Brian's situation.

Brian isn't a rational character, he doesn't have Morra's 'embrace the NZT' attitude. It's a shitty situation, true, but the guy is an optimist at heart. It's likely he thinks that, somehow, he'll find a way to make the situation better.

13. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

This latest episode was amazing. If you aren't caught up, you should probably fix that.
    Rebecca on NZT was something to behold, and I say this as someone who's found her to be mediocre at best for the entirety of the series. It completely reversed my opinion of her character. On the drug, she's self-aware, funny, and insightful without being arrogant. The duo's chemistry just hammered me from out of left field.

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, that was by far the best episode so far. I've kept up with this show as it's usually good entertainment, but this was a whole new level.

I highly doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see more Rebecca on NZT

15. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Yeah, their chemistry was in a whole new level, but sadly it was a one time thing.

Sands tried to be sort of a good guy for once, and that got him in jail. Nice message CBS, I learned my lesson.

Sands' group seems to have been dismantled. A new enemy was beaten without Morra lifting a single finger. Now I wonder if this was all part of the plan.

16. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Didn't they only get Sands? The rest of his crew still have access to Piper and NZT and can get to whatever they were planning right?

That was a pretty great episode though. Fun, well written and eventful at the same time which is something this show excels at.

Here's hoping for season 2.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Hardly. There's 7 more people with access to both NZT and Piper.

Good episode, but I don't want to see Rebecca on NZT ever again.

18. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Morra ordered the purge of NZT users, and I don't see Sands' organization having the resources to match what Morra gathered in years. I realize they will be a threat, but mostly to Brian and anyone close. I might be underestimating their abilities, but ever since the movie's ending and what I've seen from the series, the senator is pretty much untouchable...or I could be overestimating him. Anyway, we have some really good episodes ahead of us.

19. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Yeah the last few episodes were quite fun and they are clearly preparing for the end of the season/series.

And regarding Brian and his ability to leave the FBI - If I remember correctly the FBI actually threatened several unpleasant alternatives if he didn't cooperate with them at the every start of the series and I doubt that his trip to Moscow helped his position in any way...

20. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

That was a decent enough episode. It's good seeing the value of Brian and how much the FBI actually needs him.

Good set up for the finale too. Can't wait. Specially since the week after Person of Interest takes the timeslot!!!